Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    heard on the San Diego sports talk show that the Stillers are like 19-22 with him as coach against teams , i dunno, either under .500 or at or below their record at the time? The point was that he gets his team motivated against the good teams but they play down to the level of the opposition vs the others vis a vis the Patriots, Spurs et al where you see no difference from one game to the next. Always the same preparation and attitude among the players and coaches.
    if bill coached the players on the stillers they would have won 6-7 SB over the same time. (though bill probably wouldn't have drafted any of the wr the stillers have )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Maybe like 3 SBs, easy on the 6-7

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Exactly the dreadful defensive system he has won at Union and PC with....block a ton of shots and get lucky to beat the other team with some grinding goals.
        Sure gets lucky an awful lot

You left out Unions pp was about 40%

Non scholarship school getting players like ghostisbehere, Carr, Simpson, jorris, bodie and many others to go there and than develop them. Ton of players to pros over last 5 years. Out skated and hammered bc and mn in back to back nights, pretty tough to do and beat BC back to back years in ncaa playoffs. Must have been all those blocked shots
        Beat BU by dominating 3rd and out coaching them Accari,
        Tanev, Jankiwski, gillies, Schaller, Gilmore, Rooney, mingola bunch of kids playing pros, several in NHL

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Sure gets lucky an awful lot

You left out Unions pp was about 40%

Non scholarship school getting players like ghostisbehere, Carr, Simpson, jorris, bodie and many others to go there and than develop them. Ton of players to pros over last 5 years. Out skated and hammered bc and mn in back to back nights, pretty tough to do and beat BC back to back years in ncaa playoffs. Must have been all those blocked shots
          Beat BU by dominating 3rd and out coaching them Accari,
          Tanev, Jankiwski, gillies, Schaller, Gilmore, Rooney, mingola bunch of kids playing pros, several in NHL
          Hoky that was obviously sarcasm. Your parental bias is showing
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            Hoky that was obviously sarcasm. Your parental bias is showing
            I do like the revisionist history that union hammered BC in the FF. beat, yes. Hammered, no. Must be thinking about the previous year when union did hammer BC in providence.

Nothing like a good nate leaman argument between these two in the BC thread. Settle it in a steel cage.

Comment

Just saw that York is going to miss tonight's game as he will "undergo an outpatient eye procedure today" according to CHN. Interesting.

He's not going to coach forever. Need to come up with a solid succession plan just in case.

Or maybe he just made this up to avoid getting beat up by those mean Merrimack players!
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Return of pirate Jerry???

I bet he'd be a better AD than Bates

Comment

Wishing York a quick recovery.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

2-2 tie, good comeback by warriors.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      2-2 tie, good comeback by warriors.
                      Agree. So many times in recent years (especially against a team like BC), 'Mack would be down a couple goals, and the game would be all but over. Good to see them come back and get the tie with 2 in the 3rd.
                      Saw that Gaudreau got 10 right at the end of the game. What caused that?
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Probably had some words for the refs. That's my guess at least.

Comment

Ridiculous 6 pm game tonight. Gave my tix to a former season ticket holder.

Comment

Also going to miss this one (conflict in schedule). 6 pm games suck.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Season ticket holder loyalty card arrived in the mail today. Was wondering if we were going to get those again.
                              I'll be there tonight. Traffic is tough no matter the start time these days. No problem getting out of work ... my boss is awesome!!!
                              Go Eagles!
                              Last edited by FiveHole12; 10-28-2016, 02:12 PM.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Season ticket holder loyalty card arrived in the mail today. Was wondering if we were going to get those again.
                                Color me intrigued. What are these? What do you use them for? Like, discounts on concessions, etc? How do you get one?

Comment

Working...
                                X