Page 1 of 49 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 965

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,445

    Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    The Eagles will be tested early on at the Ice Breaker Tournament in Denver, Friday, Oct. 7, against a scrappy Air Force team with good goaltending. They'll play either Denver or Ohio State on Saturday. Six frosh forwards were on the ice in Sunday's exhibition and 4 frosh D. They'll be thrown into the fire next week and it will be a good test for the young Eagles.

    Here was the lineup for the exhibition game on Sunday ... Box/Lineup

    Looking forward to another fun season of Eagle hockey!
    Go Eagles!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    The Eagles will be tested early on at the Ice Breaker Tournament in Denver, Friday, Oct. 7, against a scrappy Air Force team with good goaltending. They'll play either Denver or Ohio State on Saturday. Six frosh forwards were on the ice in Sunday's exhibition and 4 frosh D. They'll be thrown into the fire next week and it will be a good test for the young Eagles.

    Here was the lineup for the exhibition game on Sunday ... Box/Lineup

    Looking forward to another fun season of Eagle hockey!
    Go Eagles!
    Starrett, the Air Force goalie is from Bellingham and originally committed to Boston U.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,227

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    I have no idea where this stacks up against other schedules and obviously York likes going on the road for a couple non-conference weekends but only two of the first 11 games are at home. I'd imagine it could be some tough sledding with all the new faces. Not sure what is expected of Carleton this year in CIS but I was curious and looked it up. They were/are ranked as a top 10 CIS team so wasn't like BC played a bottom feeder yesterday. And if I recall, BC actually lost to New Brunswick last year. Wasn't there but I was told Woll and Edquist acquitted themselves nicely. Looking forward to the season and eventually a home game...and then eventually some additional home games.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I have no idea where this stacks up against other schedules and obviously York likes going on the road for a couple non-conference weekends but only two of the first 11 games are at home. I'd imagine it could be some tough sledding with all the new faces. Not sure what is expected of Carleton this year in CIS but I was curious and looked it up. They were/are ranked as a top 10 CIS team so wasn't like BC played a bottom feeder yesterday. And if I recall, BC actually lost to New Brunswick last year. Wasn't there but I was told Woll and Edquist acquitted themselves nicely. Looking forward to the season and eventually a home game...and then eventually some additional home games.
    Just so you know, Holy Cross overcame a 5-2 third period deficit to beat Carleton 7-5.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,227

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Ya i saw they played HC saturday

  6. #6
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,610

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Just so you know, Holy Cross overcame a 5-2 third period deficit to beat Carleton 7-5.
    Was that at the NESC in Marlboro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  7. #7
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    675

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    I was at the Carleton game. The goalies did acquit themselves rather well.

    Carleton may be ranked in the top 10 of CIS teams, but their team speed was sorely lacking.

    It was an extremely dirty game. Scads of penalties. BC's power play looked very poor, including a full 2:00 5-3 that they did not score on.

    The freshman were for the most part, not particularly noteworthy, though McPhee scored a very nice goal on an individual effort. Cotton has good size, you can see obvious potential there, but it may take some time for him to develop. The Finnish twins skate well.

    I think there are going to be some serious growing pains the first half of this year with the lack of depth and especially lack of experience. It is hard to believe they have no juniors. Going to make for a weird senior night next season, no?
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,227

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    They can just honor the other team's seniors

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Boston
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    They can just honor the other team's seniors
    Or perhaps our own senior citizens like FiveHole12 and myself.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Was that at the NESC in Marlboro?
    Yep, the hockey rink/basketball renovations are not done yet at Holy Cross while the indoor football facility will be getting worked on for a few more months.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    37

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    I was at the Carleton game. The goalies did acquit themselves rather well.

    Carleton may be ranked in the top 10 of CIS teams, but their team speed was sorely lacking.

    It was an extremely dirty game. Scads of penalties. BC's power play looked very poor, including a full 2:00 5-3 that they did not score on.

    The freshman were for the most part, not particularly noteworthy, though McPhee scored a very nice goal on an individual effort. Cotton has good size, you can see obvious potential there, but it may take some time for him to develop. The Finnish twins skate well.

    I think there are going to be some serious growing pains the first half of this year with the lack of depth and especially lack of experience. It is hard to believe they have no juniors. Going to make for a weird senior night next season, no?
    What were you expecting from the freshmen?

    I thought that considering that this was their first college game against some older and bigger competition - they played well.

  12. #12
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    675

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by recruited View Post
    What were you expecting from the freshmen?
    About what I got. No apparent immediate difference makers this year. Last you could tell from the get go that White, Wood, and Casey Fitzgerald would be immediate difference makers. None of those in this year's class. Some of these freshman will no doubt develop into good players, but it's going to take time for them to make an impact.

    Now if everyone who's supposed to show up next year does and lives up to their reputations, that is going to be the type of talent injection BC fans have become accustomed to.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bear Republic
    Posts
    4,802

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    Or perhaps our own senior citizens like FiveHole12 and myself.
    me too right Mookie? looks like there's no way to watch this per BCI
    *****

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,445

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    Or perhaps our own senior citizens like FiveHole12 and myself.
    Wait... 29 isn't old.
    Seriously though, I'm no profromdover.

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    me too right Mookie? looks like there's no way to watch this per BCI
    Yea... you too buddy, you old bahstad!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  15. #15
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36,141
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Wait... 29 isn't old.
    Seriously though, I'm no profromdover.
    Pro no like hockey no more. He at the theatre tonight watching Wicked

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Woof - any of you guys fly out here for that one...

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    38

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Great game tonight, Eagles. It's our first ever win over you guys and the first time we've met since you beat us 1-0 in the NCAA tourney. Good luck tomorrow night!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,445

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 81Stalagian View Post
    Great game tonight, Eagles. It's our first ever win over you guys and the first time we've met since you beat us 1-0 in the NCAA tourney. Good luck tomorrow night!
    A good win for Air Force and congrats on winning the Ice Breaker.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South Shore, MA
    Posts
    7,445

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    That's a big win for the Eagles at Denver! Woot!
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,227

    Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

    No calnan and casey fitz, didn't expect that. Have a night, Woll!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •