Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 240

Thread: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

  1. #21
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,700

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    BSU goalie has played great hockey so far this season and the Beavers as a team are looking pretty good. Combined with the close proximity of the schools making this a bit of a rivalry game even though BSU is fairly new to D-I (I always imagine that BSU is very motivated to beat UND) this should provide a step up from the first two weekends in terms of competition.
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Beavers score first 2 and Boeser says let me take care of this boys. Scores the next 3 and the Sioux beat the Beav 3-2.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Beavers score first 2 and Boeser says let me take care of this boys. Scores the next 3 and the Sioux beat the Beav 3-2.
    Yep... We've been spoiled with the amount of talent that have come through the program but this kid is special. Guessing goof fans still get a bit sore everytime they see him on the scoresheet. Kind of an off night, lots of dumb penalties and lazy D but they got the job done. Albeit on a penalty shot that should not have been called a penalty. Imagine how good Brock will be his senior season...

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Yep... We've been spoiled with the amount of talent that have come through the program but this kid is special. Guessing goof fans still get a bit sore everytime they see him on the scoresheet. Kind of an off night, lots of dumb penalties and lazy D but they got the job done. Albeit on a penalty shot that should not have been called a penalty. Imagine how good Brock will be his senior season...
    And Jost will be a junior.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    And Jost will be a junior.
    A man can dream...

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,509

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Beavers score first 2 and Boeser says let me take care of this boys. Scores the next 3 and the Sioux beat the Beav 3-2.
    Cam not as good as you all believe.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    A man can dream...
    Yes we can. Hopefully Jost follows Boeser's move and comes back for his second year.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Cam not as good as you all believe.
    What game did you watch yesterday? Other than Boeser taking charge of offense, Cam is the biggest reason the Beavers didn't score any more goals.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    What game did you watch yesterday? Other than Boeser taking charge of offense, Cam is the biggest reason the Beavers didn't score any more goals.
    This. I think Cam wishes he had the second goal back but otherwise had a great game. Our D didn't have the most spectacular game. Several times they let bsu get behind them and left Cam out to dry. I can count at least 4 very tough saves that could have/should have been goals... I can't name another NCAA goalie I'd rather have in net for us.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,509

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    What game did you watch yesterday? Other than Boeser taking charge of offense, Cam is the biggest reason the Beavers didn't score any more goals.
    Cam is not as good as you all think. Both of the goals were weak. Did not look good Saturday. Had a strong D last year.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    Cam is not as good as you all think. Both of the goals were weak. Did not look good Saturday. Had a strong D last year.
    Yeah, the entire TEAM didn't look good today. Especially after scoring that 5th goal they let up while Bemidji kept pushing to win.

  12. #32
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,700

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Yeah, the entire TEAM didn't look good today. Especially after scoring that 5th goal they let up while Bemidji kept pushing to win.
    They will definitely need more focus with the lead or there are teams on the schedule this season that will make them pay.
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,313

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by ecbrevik View Post
    They will definitely need more focus with the lead or there are teams on the schedule this season that will make them pay.
    Very true, including the next several weekends. This D group is young, and people underestimate how difficult it can be to play with a lead late. Opponents are crashing and playing more men deep, so assignments and coverages change and it's easy to get caught chasing. Last night's game was great experience for them. Bemidji can play.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Since 2014 the Sioux are 37-4-4 at the Ralph. That's impressive.

  15. #35
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Since 2014 the Sioux are 37-4-4 at the Ralph. That's impressive.
    And in spite of not living in (or near) Grand Forks, I have been there for at least two of those losses.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    And in spite of not living in (or near) Grand Forks, I have been there for at least two of those losses.
    Ughhh.... the wisconson game... **shudder**

  17. #37
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,700

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    And in spite of not living in (or near) Grand Forks, I have been there for at least two of those losses.
    So THAT'S why they lost!
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    And in spite of not living in (or near) Grand Forks, I have been there for at least two of those losses.
    That's not good. Not good at all. I've been to probably close to 130 games since the new Ralph was built. Have maybe witnessed 20 losses max.

  19. #39
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Ughhh.... the wisconson game... **shudder**
    That wasn't even one of the games!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecbrevik View Post
    So THAT'S why they lost!
    Not my fault! After going to the FF in '08, '11, '14 and '15, I sent a letter to UND offering to stop going to FF games if they paid me $1,000,000. They didn't agree so I went again in '16. I don't think I have any leverage left.

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    That's not good. Not good at all. I've been to probably close to 130 games since the new Ralph was built. Have maybe witnessed 20 losses max.
    Slacker.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  20. #40
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    It looks like another good recruit:

    http://www.inforum.com/sports/414380...its-und-hockey
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •