Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by Riz View Post
    I do understand what you're saying but just remember, teams can turn things about quick with their season on the line - See Providence 2015 and Yale 2013. Those two teams had two of the most difficult roads to the national championship, and found a way to get it done despite struggling down the stretch of the regular season.

Do I think BU is going to beat North Dakota? Well, no. Do they have a chance? Well, yes.

I'm not a North Dakota guy either. I just see patterns with North Dakota and they ALWAYS play really well in regionals, hence the reason I have them going to Chicago. Being in Fargo doesn't hurt their chances either. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if BU beat North Dakota, but I have seen crazier things happen in this tournament.
    Just pay attention to #8 Cloonan. BU hasn't lost a game that he has scored in this entire season.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The other thing that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that BU has had trouble scoring goals...

Comment

I do understand what you're saying but just remember, teams can turn things about quick with their season on the line - See Providence 2015 and Yale 2013. Those two teams had two of the most difficult roads to the national championship, and found a way to get it done despite struggling down the stretch of the regular season.
        Yale beat both Minnesota and North Dakota in a neutral site (Grand Rapids). Providence made it through the East regional in 2015 in front of their home crowd. Both instances are different enough that you really can't compare.

Do I think BU is going to beat North Dakota? Well, no. Do they have a chance? Well, yes.
        So does Air Force. I don't think they're going to win but they're pretty good. I don't think they're going to beat Duluth though.

I'm not a North Dakota guy either. I just see patterns with North Dakota and they ALWAYS play really well in regionals, hence the reason I have them going to Chicago. Being in Fargo doesn't hurt their chances either. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if BU beat North Dakota, but I have seen crazier things happen in this tournament.
        I have North Dakota as the team going to Chicago because of the aforementioned game in front of a sold out home crowd, not to mention - BU's been struggling offensively the last month and half. Thought I'd throw that piece of info as I'm not sure if that has been mentioned here. Also, and the biggest point to make, North Dakota has not beaten Duluth this season. In my opinion, it will be very hard for Duluth to beat North Dakota for a 6th (I think?) time. Trust me. BU lived through that special kind of hell in 2006.

This will be the first regional I've missed. Fargo would've been an interesting trip and if I didn't make the trek out to Grand Forks a few years back I would've considered it mostly to add North Dakota to my States I've Been To list. However, with the game starting at 2pm on Friday, it might have meant having to leave Boston Thursday and spend three nights there. That's too much for what will likely be a quick one and done. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Comment

There will be 7 NHL first-round draft picks playing in Fargo regional this weekend (Jost, Boeser, Keller, McAvoy, Bellows, Fabbro, Tufte).
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            This will be the first regional I've missed. Fargo would've been an interesting trip and if I didn't make the trek out to Grand Forks a few years back I would've considered it mostly to add North Dakota to my States I've Been To list. However, with the game starting at 2pm on Friday, it might have meant having to leave Boston Thursday and spend three nights there. That's too much for what will likely be a quick one and done. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.
            Serious question. Did they hold aside an "allotment" of tickets for the schools or did ALL the tickets go on public sale (in which case they would have been all gone weeks ago)? I realize one might be able to go on eBay or some site to get them (even if they may cost $500), but could you even get them from the school? I'm just asking because I was wondering what the NCAA policy was.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Serious question. Did they hold aside an "allotment" of tickets for the schools or did ALL the tickets go on public sale (in which case they would have been all gone weeks ago)? I realize one might be able to go on eBay or some site to get them (even if they may cost $500), but could you even get them from the school? I'm just asking because I was wondering what the NCAA policy was.
              They are SUPPOSED to hold aside an allotment for the schools according to the NCAA policy I believe.

Comment

They are SUPPOSED to hold aside an allotment for the schools according to the NCAA policy I believe.
                I only mention it because of the "lack of attendance" discussions they may have just said "Let's sell as many as we can while we can!"

Comment

I only mention it because of the "lack of attendance" discussions they may have just said "Let's sell as many as we can while we can!"
                  Well that's one way to really **** off a bunch of visiting teams fans that want to see their team play in the regional, as well as the school. I don't think they did that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did to be honest.

Comment

Well that's one way to really **** off a bunch of visiting teams fans that want to see their team play in the regional, as well as the school. I don't think they did that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did to be honest.
                    You probably won't get more than 500 from BU and Ohio State combined...the only "issue" might be with Duluth, whose fans would certainly go but couldn't buy tickets until they knew for sure which regional they would be in. So my guess is they sold 90% in advance and only held out 10%. (Well, probably more like they sold 70%, gave 20% to the NCAA and the rest held out).

Comment

You probably won't get more than 500 from BU and Ohio State combined...the only "issue" might be with Duluth, whose fans would certainly go but couldn't buy tickets until they knew for sure which regional they would be in. So my guess is they sold 90% in advance and only held out 10%. (Well, probably more like they sold 70%, gave 20% to the NCAA and the rest held out).
                      Yeah it would be interesting to see the exact numbers on that for sure.

Comment

You off all people realize that if BU gets out of Fargo without you attending means that you can't attend Frozen Four.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          You off all people realize that if BU gets out of Fargo without you attending means that you can't attend Frozen Four.
                          Oh trust me, you don't think that has crossed my mind???

Also, every school gets an allotment. We had the opportunity to order them through BU months ago.

Comment

So does Air Force. I don't think they're going to win but they're pretty good. I don't think they're going to beat Duluth though.
                            And by Air Force, I mean Ohio State of course.

Comment

Oh trust me, you don't think that has crossed my mind???

Also, every school gets an allotment. We had the opportunity to order them through BU months ago.
                              Months ago? Aren't the regionals all priced differently so how were they selling them months ago? Also they didn't even know which regional they were going to...

Comment

Months ago? Aren't the regionals all priced differently so how were they selling them months ago? Also they didn't even know which regional they were going to...
                                They have a playoff ticket order form and listed out:

Hockey East Tournament at TD Garden - if they made it
                                All 4 Regionals (since they didn't know where BU would get seeded)
                                Frozen Four - if they made it

If they made it, your order would already be in. You could say you just wanted tickets to either Manchester or Providence, or just one or all four if you planned to go regardless where they got sent. Once the selection show was over, they would process the ticket order.

Comment

Working...
                                X