X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    So any chance the boys win on Saturday?
    The football team is going to kick arse..
    o

Comment

Not sure how many UND fans are going but I know you guys travel well. I am going down and looking forward to another BC/UND matchup.

After a hot streak BC has come down to earth with recent losses to HU and UM. BC lost one of their best players in Fitzgerald for at least a month and gutted out an OT win with seconds left 2-1 on a shorthanded goal against NU. NU had beaten Minnesota, then in turn the Gophs beat BC on their recent trip east.

BC is playing 20 underclassmen after the big exit of last years team who left early to sign contracts.

But we still have experienced upper classmen to lead the team.

I didn't know what to expect from this young team but they're doing better than most people expected.

I suspect UND lost a lot too from last years team.

BTW, our football is terrible but with a 6-6 record, they're still going to a bowl.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Now that was one entertaining college hockey game. Huge win by UND over BC. The Garden was over run by Sioux fans. Announcers said at least 8000 in the stands. Jost with 2 beauty's and Johnson kept them in the game in the first period when BC dominated. Hopefully this is the type of game to get this team going moving forward.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

So any chance the boys win on Saturday?
          Why yes there is
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._for_north.php
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              Why yes there is

Fun game to watch! Hopefully they can carry the momentum into next weekend and sweep WMU, and then have a second half run into the tournament.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Fun game to watch! Hopefully they can carry the momentum into next weekend and sweep WMU, and then have a second half run into the tournament.
                That win moved them up to 7 in the pairwise. Gardner with a bonehead major penalty at the end of the second that dang near cost them the game. Hopefully he learns from it because that was bush league.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

All the signs of a talented but young and inexperienced team. Get swept by Michigan St. at home, then beat a good BC team on neutral ice. Hopefully they gel in the second half of the season like so many teams of the past 10 years have, and they are in better shape at this point (record wise) than many of those teams were.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Western Michigan at the Ralph this weekend. Who would have thought this would be a "big" early season with UND looking to climb past WM in the standings?

Comment

UND is now 26-2-2 in the month of December since 2010.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Too bad that Brock will miss World Juniors but it looks like he will be back pretty soon - hopefully back at 100%.

Comment

Too bad that Brock will miss World Juniors but it looks like he will be back pretty soon - hopefully back at 100%.
                          We could use a good second half run, and he could sure help that cause.

Comment

Mandatory viewing:

http://www.tsn.ca/video/jost-s-mothe...uccess~1024208

Comment

Congrats on the win vs Union.
                              You have a lot of individual talent and great team cohesion. I saw very few bad passes, good technique against the boards and a good goalie. If your team continues in this direction, you are going to have a stellar season, and probably even better next year once the freshmen are a bit older.
                              I was very impressed.
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Boeser a game time decision tomorrow night.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X