North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    And Schmaltz gets his first NHL goal. In case you weren't paying attention, the boys beat RPI to go to 3-0 on the year, the first time they have been 3-0 since '09-'10. Anyone remember when the team struggled to get to .500 at the break and then went on a tear to make the tourny? Seems like a long two years ago. Bemidji coming to town this weekend with a 4-0 record. Kind of looks like a split to me.
    I think you got the split right UND still looks a little shaky. They are trying too hard to get that extra pass in and need to be more physical. Their D needs to tighten up a lot too they have had a good amount of mistakes already. also If UND would just kick simonson off the team they would get better he is soooo bad!
    Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 10-16-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
      I think you got the split right UND still looks a little shaky. They are trying too hard to get that extra pass in and need to be more physical. Their D needs to tighten up a lot too they have had a good amount of mistakes already. also If UND would just kick simonson off the team they would get better he is soooo bad!
      Simonson's fine. Plays hard and isn't afraid to go in front of the net.

I don't think we have any idea what this team is like. No disrespect intended to any of our opponents thus far, but we've played three games, at home, against some pretty weak competition.

It will be a small step up in competition this weekend since Serratore always has BSU playing hard, and they're off to a nice start this year. But until we finish the six games that follow (@UMD, @Minnesota, DU), we really won't know the skill and compete level of this year's team.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        But until we finish the six games that follow (@UMD, @Minnesota, DU), we really won't know the skill and compete level of this year's team.
        Toss SCSU in there too after DU. No matter how good/bad UND and SCSU are playing at the time they meet, that series almost always ends up in a split and the series has become a real rivalry. The four weekends starting with Duluth will be very telling in regards to the possibilities for this team.
        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Looks like a good pick-up:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...its-und-hockey
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
            I agree... from what I've read he's going to be a great player and maybe wear a letter one day.

Comment

BSU goalie has played great hockey so far this season and the Beavers as a team are looking pretty good. Combined with the close proximity of the schools making this a bit of a rivalry game even though BSU is fairly new to D-I (I always imagine that BSU is very motivated to beat UND) this should provide a step up from the first two weekends in terms of competition.
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Beavers score first 2 and Boeser says let me take care of this boys. Scores the next 3 and the Sioux beat the Beav 3-2.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Beavers score first 2 and Boeser says let me take care of this boys. Scores the next 3 and the Sioux beat the Beav 3-2.
                  Yep... We've been spoiled with the amount of talent that have come through the program but this kid is special. Guessing goof fans still get a bit sore everytime they see him on the scoresheet. Kind of an off night, lots of dumb penalties and lazy D but they got the job done. Albeit on a penalty shot that should not have been called a penalty. Imagine how good Brock will be his senior season...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    Yep... We've been spoiled with the amount of talent that have come through the program but this kid is special. Guessing goof fans still get a bit sore everytime they see him on the scoresheet. Kind of an off night, lots of dumb penalties and lazy D but they got the job done. Albeit on a penalty shot that should not have been called a penalty. Imagine how good Brock will be his senior season...
                    And Jost will be a junior.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

And Jost will be a junior.
                      A man can dream...

Comment

Cam not as good as you all believe.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          A man can dream...
                          Yes we can. Hopefully Jost follows Boeser's move and comes back for his second year.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                            Cam not as good as you all believe.
                            What game did you watch yesterday? Other than Boeser taking charge of offense, Cam is the biggest reason the Beavers didn't score any more goals.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                              What game did you watch yesterday? Other than Boeser taking charge of offense, Cam is the biggest reason the Beavers didn't score any more goals.
                              This. I think Cam wishes he had the second goal back but otherwise had a great game. Our D didn't have the most spectacular game. Several times they let bsu get behind them and left Cam out to dry. I can count at least 4 very tough saves that could have/should have been goals... I can't name another NCAA goalie I'd rather have in net for us.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                                Cam is not as good as you all think. Both of the goals were weak. Did not look good Saturday. Had a strong D last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X