Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Boeser a game time decision tomorrow night.
    Having a good night.

Comment

Zane McIntyre was brought up by the Bruins from Providence yesterday to be the backup goalie to Tuuka Rask. He was 10-0-0 for Providence.

Comment

I hope the Omaha players save enough energy for the amount of punishment Dean is going to dole out next week.....yeesh.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          I hope the Omaha players save enough energy for the amount of punishment Dean is going to dole out next week.....yeesh.
          Dean should save some crushers for himself.

Comment

Never saw those 2 arse kickings coming. Wowzer.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              Never saw those 2 arse kickings coming. Wowzer.
              Yeah, UND seems to have developed a good feeling about Baxter arena. Still, I'm not sure I would want to draw Omaha for the playoffs. If they get any goaltending at all they could be dangerous.

It is times like this, though, that I really miss Red Cows around here.

Did we ever get a final word on whether that Omaha goalie substitution was a penalty or not? I saw my first hockey game in the 1960's. I have to admit I have never seen a situation where a team pulls a goalie, then attempts to get him back in the game, "on the fly" a few minutes later. Intuitively it seems to me that it shouldn't be a penalty, but leave it to Dean Blais to create this question.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Is UND improved that much or is UNO just that bad? UND is 7-2-1 in the last 10 games.
                Last edited by Goon; 01-10-2017, 11:27 PM.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Yeah, UND seems to have developed a good feeling about Baxter arena. Still, I'm not sure I would want to draw Omaha for the playoffs. If they get any goaltending at all they could be dangerous.
                  I'm not sure I remember a poorer weekend-long goaltending performance. Nice to be on the receiving end of it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                    Is UND improved that much or is UNO just that bad? UND is 7-2-1 in the last 10 games.
                    I think some of both, but more UND has improved and is looking a lot like teams of the past decade - slow start and gel in the second half of the season. Ask the question again after they play Miami and Duluth.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Did we ever get a final word on whether that Omaha goalie substitution was a penalty or not? I saw my first hockey game in the 1960's. I have to admit I have never seen a situation where a team pulls a goalie, then attempts to get him back in the game, "on the fly" a few minutes later. Intuitively it seems to me that it shouldn't be a penalty, but leave it to Dean Blais to create this question.
                      After some exhaustive research, here's the answer - yes, that was the penalty for "illegal substitution".

Rule 205(c) says that it's ok to sub a goalie for a skater on the fly. It's also ok to sub a goalie for another goalie on the fly. But subbing a skater for a goalie on the fly results in an illegal substitution penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        After some exhaustive research, here's the answer - yes, that was the penalty for "illegal substitution".

Rule 205(c) says that it's ok to sub a goalie for a skater on the fly. It's also ok to sub a goalie for another goalie on the fly. But subbing a skater for a goalie on the fly results in an illegal substitution penalty.
                        According to a director of officiating for one of the conferences, the refs got it wrong. They applied the NHL rule and not the NCAA one. UNO was incorrectly given a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          According to a director of officiating for one of the conferences, the refs got it wrong. They applied the NHL rule and not the NCAA one. UNO was incorrectly given a penalty.
                          Just read the 2014-15 NCAA rule book on the subject (since the NCAA wants you to pay about $8 for the current one). According to NCAA Rule 80 (and referring to Rule 75 in doing so) it is in fact legal for the goalie to sub back in on the fly. So the only reason that a penalty would have been correctly assessed would be for Too Many Men, but it's listed in the box score as Illegal Substitution.

It should be noted that the USA Hockey rules contradict this NCAA rule. Which is always nice.

Comment

Nice article on Karl Goehring:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...ing-all-levels

I am in Grand Forks so I will be at the games this weekend, and the fan luncheon today. Never been to the luncheon - should be fun. And it is January in ND - 17 below with windchill of 40 below right now. A bit chilly.

Comment

• This team won't ever have to worry about unplanned pregnancies, they're sloppy and none of them can finish.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Good article on Casey Johnson. I played against his dad in high school.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...unds-blue-line

Comment

Working...
                                X