Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 240

Thread: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

  1. #1
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,064

    North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Banner #8 is in the rafters and the annual exhibition game against U of Manitoba is in the books - a 5-1 win. Season starts with a home series against Canisius next weekend. It's going to be a fun season.

  2. #2
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    33,379

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Good luck to the Sioux this season. if it isn't Maine then North Dakota all the way
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,769

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    The pre game ceremony was pretty cool. Gino got a huge applause when he represented the 82' championship. St Clair got the biggest for representing the 2016 championship. All 8 were represented by a former player of team that one it that year.



    Peski, Yon, and Bowen looked pretty good for the freshman. Yost can fly. Not a physical game at all. But it's an exibition game and now it's time for the real deal. Go Sioux!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,664

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Looking forward to tomorrow night. Defense of the national title is about to begin!
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Good luck to the Sioux this season. if it isn't Maine then North Dakota all the way
    Aside from the obvious similarities between these two programs, the Blais/Walsh relationship formed a bond between our fanbases which I hope will continue, even with the passage of time.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,769

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    6-0 Sioux over Canusius after 2. 6 different goal scorers which is nice to see. Only 5 Canadiens on the team. Has to be the lowest amount ever.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Frustrating game... loads of work to do. The fact we only put up 6 on a atlantic hockey team is very worrisome.

  8. #8
    Unbeatable in Sega's NHL 94
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    612

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Frustrating game... loads of work to do. The fact we only put up 6 on a atlantic hockey team is very worrisome.
    The BeaST (Brock, Shane, Tyson) line looked good; each player had a goal tonite and were all over the ice. But it's REALLY early so not going to get too excited yet.
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
    The BeaST (Brock, Shane, Tyson) line looked good; each player had a goal tonite and were all over the ice. But it's REALLY early so not going to get too excited yet.
    So the CBS line has changed to the TBS line?

  10. #10
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,664

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    It is always good to start a title defense with a win.
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  11. #11
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,664

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    I see this weekend's challenging series against a storied rival has generated much discussion
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  12. #12
    Unbeatable in Sega's NHL 94
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    612

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    So the CBS line has changed to the TBS line?
    meh...we did the network thing last year...how about something new?
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
    meh...we did the network thing last year...how about something new?
    Agreed... I always thought the CBS line thing was a bit corny. It certainly was no Pony Express.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hockeytown,USA
    Posts
    2,769

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Schmaltz and Cagguila make their big clubs.

    http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211224597

  15. #15
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,064

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
    Schmaltz and Cagguila make their big clubs.

    http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=211224597
    And Schmaltz gets his first NHL goal. In case you weren't paying attention, the boys beat RPI to go to 3-0 on the year, the first time they have been 3-0 since '09-'10. Anyone remember when the team struggled to get to .500 at the break and then went on a tear to make the tourny? Seems like a long two years ago. Bemidji coming to town this weekend with a 4-0 record. Kind of looks like a split to me.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    And Schmaltz gets his first NHL goal. In case you weren't paying attention, the boys beat RPI to go to 3-0 on the year, the first time they have been 3-0 since '09-'10. Anyone remember when the team struggled to get to .500 at the break and then went on a tear to make the tourny? Seems like a long two years ago. Bemidji coming to town this weekend with a 4-0 record. Kind of looks like a split to me.
    I think you got the split right UND still looks a little shaky. They are trying too hard to get that extra pass in and need to be more physical. Their D needs to tighten up a lot too they have had a good amount of mistakes already. also If UND would just kick simonson off the team they would get better he is soooo bad!
    Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 10-16-2016 at 11:49 PM.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    5,711

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
    I think you got the split right UND still looks a little shaky. They are trying too hard to get that extra pass in and need to be more physical. Their D needs to tighten up a lot too they have had a good amount of mistakes already. also If UND would just kick simonson off the team they would get better he is soooo bad!
    Simonson's fine. Plays hard and isn't afraid to go in front of the net.

    I don't think we have any idea what this team is like. No disrespect intended to any of our opponents thus far, but we've played three games, at home, against some pretty weak competition.

    It will be a small step up in competition this weekend since Serratore always has BSU playing hard, and they're off to a nice start this year. But until we finish the six games that follow (@UMD, @Minnesota, DU), we really won't know the skill and compete level of this year's team.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  18. #18
    ****** by the NC$$ ecbrevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dickinson, ND
    Posts
    27,664

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    But until we finish the six games that follow (@UMD, @Minnesota, DU), we really won't know the skill and compete level of this year's team.
    Toss SCSU in there too after DU. No matter how good/bad UND and SCSU are playing at the time they meet, that series almost always ends up in a split and the series has become a real rivalry. The four weekends starting with Duluth will be very telling in regards to the possibilities for this team.
    University of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

  19. #19
    Fighting Sioux Fan Forever
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    10,064

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: North Dakota '16 - '17 Season Thread - Let's Do It Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    I agree... from what I've read he's going to be a great player and maybe wear a letter one day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •