Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 611

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 7m7 minutes ago
    Terrific young pickup for Quinnipiac staff today, receiving commitment from Mid Fairfield '02 F Victor Czerneckianair.
    9. Victor Czerneckianair, #13 Mid Fairfield, 5-9/150, 2/17/02, Shoots Left -€” He's a very good skater with lateral agility. He possesses the ability to cut and move around opposing defenders with finesse. He made a terrific move in the shootout on Saturday, showing off his hands.

    http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...blades-whl-ohl

    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7540823/...fa7f584c7a6aec
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,627

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Every time we've play you guys the past 3 years it's been an exciting, entertaining game. I would love for Q to take ND's spot in Hockey East, but I know you're in a very good position currently. Looking forward to another good game tonight.

  3. #43
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,133

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Can somebody in QPac-land please tell your vidstream producer to stop overlaying the PA announcements and piped-in music on top of the play-by-play track. It's ruining an otherwise top-notch stream.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  4. #44
    QU Bobcats
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    340

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    Can somebody in QPac-land please tell your vidstream producer to stop overlaying the PA announcements and piped-in music on top of the play-by-play track. It's ruining an otherwise top-notch stream.
    I like when they drown them out. It makes it more enjoyable!
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. Thatís why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 ó how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? Thatís kind of the minimum? I donít know.Ē
    - Elon Musk

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Really good win tonight. The team had legs, the offense showed up and Chris Truehl looks to have taken the #1 job by the horns. Still need to cut the penalties down.

  6. #46
    GO BOBCATS!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Every year you get so excited to watch a little hockey, then October comes and you have to sit through these early-season ref shows. Every single season, the NCAA decides the refs need to be super strict with everything in October, making these games borderline unwatchable. And it always gets better once we've had a few games under our belt. Give it a few weeks, and we'll finally be able to watch hockey, not whatever version of hockey the refs are trying to call in October. Just awful.

    As for the hockey we did see in the middle of the ref show, QU looked better tonight. Truehl was terrific again -- he's the starter until he proves he shouldn't be, at this point. I thought they were better defensively -- Rafferty was a lot quieter, but defensively he was solid.

    PP needs some serious work, there just isn't nearly enough creativity right now. You have to think that will turn around at some point.

    Three points against a really good Northeastern team, not a bad way to start the season.

  7. #47
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,306

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Truehl is the real deal.

    Power play needs a lot of work.

    PK was fantastic tonight.

    Defense, which I thought would be our strength, needs some work but did play a little better tonight.

    Much better energy tonight. They skated with the Huskies all night.

    Back to Truehl... none of the 4 goals he gave up this weekend were his fault and the 2nd goal tonight should have been called back because of the high stick. He is solid and shows confidence along with great post-to-post movement. I noticed tonight that even when he goes down he still covers a lot of net due to his size. Very impressive start for him, and the team. I'll take the 3 points as we head to an unbeaten Maine for 2 next weekend.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  8. #48
    GO BOBCATS!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Truehl is the real deal.

    Power play needs a lot of work.

    PK was fantastic tonight.

    Defense, which I thought would be our strength, needs some work but did play a little better tonight.

    Much better energy tonight. They skated with the Huskies all night.

    Back to Truehl... none of the 4 goals he gave up this weekend were his fault and the 2nd goal tonight should have been called back because of the high stick. He is solid and shows confidence along with great post-to-post movement. I noticed tonight that even when he goes down he still covers a lot of net due to his size. Very impressive start for him, and the team. I'll take the 3 points as we head to an unbeaten Maine for 2 next weekend.
    He's also very positionally-sound. As big as he is, he makes himself even bigger thanks to his positioning. Very strong goaltender.

    And yes, I almost forgot about the PK -- excellent performance, especially that 5-on-3.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,197
    well played. gluck rest of the season.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Very Happy leaving TD last night. I think we'll be hearing a lot of TRUUUUUUEHL chants this year up on the hill. I guess the move of Shiplo to F is as much about not enough F's as it is too much D. I'd like to see Duane be a bit more physical. In my opinion he seems to shy away from contact. He's a big body, he should be more than a screen out there.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Very Happy leaving TD last night. I think we'll be hearing a lot of TRUUUUUUEHL chants this year up on the hill. I guess the move of Shiplo to F is as much about not enough F's as it is too much D. I'd like to see Duane be a bit more physical. In my opinion he seems to shy away from contact. He's a big body, he should be more than a screen out there.
    Rand is scratching 3 forwards a night so far in Nick Jermain, Alex Whelan and Logan Mick. They have forwards they just trust Shiplo to create offense more. Jermian should still be in juniors and was only brought in early when Sam Anas left. Logan Mick has had trouble in the past staying healthy and Alex Whelan is coming from Tier III junior hockey.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Aldworth has a ton of potential but is a bit too selfish for me. If he can find the back of the net I'll be ok with that but until then...
    I'm going to disagree with you slightly on this one Mark. I think we need to find different linemates for him to match some of his speed. It's hard to be unselfish if your teammates are still on the opposite blue line and you've blown past the D into the zone.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Rand is scratching 3 forwards a night so far in Nick Jermain, Alex Whelan and Logan Mick. They have forwards they just trust Shiplo to create offense more. Jermian should still be in juniors and was only brought in early when Sam Anas left. Logan Mick has had trouble in the past staying healthy and Alex Whelan is coming from Tier III junior hockey.
    Very good points, I probably should have said shortage of seasoned, ready to go forwards. Thanks!

  14. #54
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,306

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you slightly on this one Mark. I think we need to find different linemates for him to match some of his speed. It's hard to be unselfish if your teammates are still on the opposite blue line and you've blown past the D into the zone.
    The problem is there's nobody on the team that can keep up with him. He blows by everyone coming up ice and then ends up down near the net with no support. Several times this weekend he could have gone behind the net and sent the puck out to the point but instead tried to get fancy off to the side of the net. That's what makes me use the term "selfish"... pass the puck, set up down low, and make something happen.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  15. #55
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,306

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Very Happy leaving TD last night. I think we'll be hearing a lot of TRUUUUUUEHL chants this year up on the hill. I guess the move of Shiplo to F is as much about not enough F's as it is too much D. I'd like to see Duane be a bit more physical. In my opinion he seems to shy away from contact. He's a big body, he should be more than a screen out there.
    Shiplo is most likely because he showed lots of promise when called on at the end of last season. Also, the freshmen need to acclimate to the D1 game and maybe Rand felt this wasn't the right circumstance.

    Duane needs to use that big body a whole bunch more. He needs to park it in front of the goalie and take away his vision. Several times on the PP last night he was off to the side of the crease and Ruck had a clear view of the action out in front. I really thought he was going to be a power forward but I saw nothing this weekend that even comes close. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt being week 1... there were several others not skating up to their potential either.

    Again it's only week one and things will get better. The biggest problem is the PP... Rand needs to find the right combination to put out there. I'm sure that will be a large part of practice this week.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    The problem is there's nobody on the team that can keep up with him. He blows by everyone coming up ice and then ends up down near the net with no support. Several times this weekend he could have gone behind the net and sent the puck out to the point but instead tried to get fancy off to the side of the net. That's what makes me use the term "selfish"... pass the puck, set up down low, and make something happen.
    Fair enough - he's certainly got the skill; hopefully he/the coaches can figure out a way to make him a consistent threat
    Last edited by IsThereADog; 10-09-2016 at 08:35 PM.

  17. #57
    QU Bobcats
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    340

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    I see that no one is talking about my new favorite player, Karlis Cukste. This kid, though young and inexperienced, might fit into a VanBrabant style of play. I loved how he moved up in between the circles for his goal. He is going to put on more size, get stronger, and more confident. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people this season... FEAR THE BALTICS!!!!
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. Thatís why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 ó how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? Thatís kind of the minimum? I donít know.Ē
    - Elon Musk

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,090

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
    I see that no one is talking about my new favorite player, Karlis Cukste. This kid, though young and inexperienced, might fit into a VanBrabant style of play. I loved how he moved up in between the circles for his goal. He is going to put on more size, get stronger, and more confident. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people this season... FEAR THE BALTICS!!!!
    I'm hoping that landing him will lead to a trend of landing more talented European players to Quinnipiac in the future.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  19. #59
    GO BOBCATS!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    I'm hoping that landing him will lead to a trend of landing more talented European players to Quinnipiac in the future.
    As a journalist, I really want to know how they recruited him. Why did he decide to go to the US for hockey, how did Quinnipiac hear about him, etc. I think that would be a fascinating story -- I hope the Chronicle or Chip does a piece on it. Feel like that would be a really interesting article.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    As a journalist, I really want to know how they recruited him. Why did he decide to go to the US for hockey, how did Quinnipiac hear about him, etc. I think that would be a fascinating story -- I hope the Chronicle or Chip does a piece on it. Feel like that would be a really interesting article.
    He was definitely a late added recruit by the program. He previously players for the Chicago Steel in the USHL for the past year but prior to that played in Latvia and was good enough to be drafted out of Europe by the San Jose sharks in 2015. I'm amazed he still was available when he committed April 19th. I bet the only reason he was added was the early loss of Devon Toews.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •