Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 611

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

  1. #1
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,317

    Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Another season begins. Will the Bobcats make it to the windy city?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  2. #2
    BCJHL Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    138

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Looks like the Quebecois were a wee bit "testy" tonight!

    CK
    BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    sad my "Windy City Kitties" thread title didn't make the cut ;(

  4. #4
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,317

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    sad my "Windy City Kitties" thread title didn't make the cut ;(
    Sorry... back when I heard the Frozen Four would be in Chicago I knew I just had to pay homage to Jake & Elwood.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    208

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Mark "Cab Calloway" USA

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    624

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Was very hard to get a read on the team after last night. I think the only thing that was evident was Lawrence wont see the ice this year. Shortbridge and Truehl both looked good like everyone stated. PP looked all over the place. 5 on 3 was pitiful. Stick tap to C. Clifton for staying out of the box, albeit he didnt play much after a period and a half or so.
    Quinnipiac University '15
    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
    ECAC Championship: 2016
    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
    Yuck Fale : 2013

  7. #7
    QU Bobcats
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    340

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    I thought the Sophomores looked a lot stronger this year, Aldzie particularly looked like he is settling nicely. Priskie is still doing what he does, I like this kid. The Cliftons do NOT like Canadians or Canadian Schools because they play very aggressive against these CIS teams every year. The one thing I did notice is that these boys, like always, don't take s.h.!.t. from anyone and they stuck it to McGill as much as McGill stuck it to us.

    Freshmen were out there being Freshmen but I think this might turn into a very strong class. Duane was out there A LOT and maybe that was for him to "prove himself," so to speak. As for the Goaltending, Truehl looked to be the confident starter. I wanted to see Lawerence do well but I felt he was caught out of position a couple of times, and should have put his glove on that goal even though it was a rocket. Shortridge looked young and inexperienced but that isn't to say he wasn't good in what he saw.

    The Bobcats are finally BACK!
    Last edited by DownOnTheFarm; 10-02-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. Thatís why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 ó how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? Thatís kind of the minimum? I donít know.Ē
    - Elon Musk

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Sorry... back when I heard the Frozen Four would be in Chicago I knew I just had to pay homage to Jake & Elwood.
    Fair enough. Bobcats are on a mission from god.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
    I thought the Sophomores looked a lot stronger this year, Aldzie particularly looked like he is settling nicely. Priskie is still doing what he does, I like this kid. The Cliftons do NOT like Canadians or Canadian Schools because they play very aggressive against these CIS teams every year. The one thing I did notice is that these boys, like always, don't take s.h.!.t. from anyone and they stuck it to McGill as much as McGill stuck it to us.

    Freshmen were out there being Freshmen but I think this might turn into a very strong class. Duane was out there A LOT and maybe that was for him to "prove himself," so to speak. As for the Goaltending, Truehl looked to be the confident starter. I wanted to see Lawerence do well but I felt he was caught out of position a couple of times, and should have put his glove on that goal even though it was a rocket. Shortridge looked young and inexperienced but that isn't to say he wasn't good in what he saw.

    The Bobcats are finally BACK!
    Agree with this not being a strong freshman class. Biggest guys that will contribute with be Cutske and Shortridge. That last forward spot may come down to logan Mick or nick jermain. I see brogan Rafferty as the 7th dman in the shiplo role this year.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Eric Hartzell on a tryout with B-Port - could be a 4th former-Bobcat on their roster
    http://www.ctpost.com/soundtigers/ar...photo-11285432

    Edit: make that 5th (St Denis, Toews, both Jones twins)
    Last edited by IsThereADog; 10-04-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: accuracy

  11. #11
    QU Bobcats
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    340

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    Eric Hartzell on a tryout with B-Port - could be a 4th former-Bobcat on their roster
    http://www.ctpost.com/soundtigers/ar...photo-11285432

    Edit: make that 5th (St Denis, Toews, both Jones twins)
    I was just looking at the invite roster and Toews isn't on the list. Does anyone know why?

    Edit: Or is the Pre-Season Roster only filled with Try Outs?
    Last edited by DownOnTheFarm; 10-04-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. Thatís why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 ó how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? Thatís kind of the minimum? I donít know.Ē
    - Elon Musk

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by DownOnTheFarm View Post
    I was just looking at the invite roster and Toews isn't on the list. Does anyone know why?

    Edit: Or is the Pre-Season Roster only filled with Try Outs?
    I think he made (at least one) appearance with the Isles, so maybe it is in their court to officially re-assign him to B-Port if that is their intent

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    I think he made (at least one) appearance with the Isles, so maybe it is in their court to officially re-assign him to B-Port if that is their intent
    He is on an NHL contract. The Bridgeport training camp roster is for AHL contracts. Once Toews gets reassigned from Islanders camp he will be in Bridgeport.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  14. #14
    QU Bobcats
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    340

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    He is on an NHL contract. The Bridgeport training camp roster is for AHL contracts. Once Toews gets reassigned from Islanders camp he will be in Bridgeport.
    Yeah I think I should have done a little critical thinking before posting about that. After about 10 minutes I realized why... hahaha oops.
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. Thatís why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 ó how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? Thatís kind of the minimum? I donít know.Ē
    - Elon Musk

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Keith Petruzzelli is listed as a B prospect on the central scouting rankings. B prospects are between 2nd-3rd round candidates. I think there is a decent chance he elevates himself a bit higher this year with Muskegon.

    https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central...layer-rankings
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 14m14 minutes ago
    '97 RD James Callahan no longer committed to Quinnipiac. 7 assists in 7 GP for Jersey Hitmen in USPHL Premier this season.
    Probably saw a tough depth chart with Fortunato & Furgele eligible and Joe O'Connor coming in and likely 5 D returning. Though Phil Kemp just decommitted from Brown and is a Greenwich product and plays for the USNTDP. Would like to make that switch from Callahan to Kemp if possible.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  17. #17
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    10,317

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Agree with this not being a strong freshman class. Biggest guys that will contribute with be Cutske and Shortridge.
    I hadn't given Shortridge any thought until I saw him Saturday. Seemed confident and able. I think it's Truehl's job to lose but nice to know there's a capable backup just in case. I wouldn't be surprised if Rand does a 2-man rotation. The rest of the freshman need to prove themselves... lot's of promise (at least on paper). Saturday wasn't a good read but nobody stood out. I think the juniors will carry this team with the seniors setting the tone.

    We'll know a lot after this weekend...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    I hadn't given Shortridge any thought until I saw him Saturday. Seemed confident and able. I think it's Truehl's job to lose but nice to know there's a capable backup just in case. I wouldn't be surprised if Rand does a 2-man rotation. The rest of the freshman need to prove themselves... lot's of promise (at least on paper). Saturday wasn't a good read but nobody stood out. I think the juniors will carry this team with the seniors setting the tone.

    We'll know a lot after this weekend...
    I agree with you on Truehl. I think he is the guy that gets the nod. He had the most college experience of any of the 3 and is a big guy in net. Also been in the system for the past year even of he has not played.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    199

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    I agree with you on Truehl. I think he is the guy that gets the nod. He had the most college experience of any of the 3 and is a big guy in net. Also been in the system for the past year even of he has not played.
    According to ECAC columnists Nate Owen & Michael Leboff, "Goaltender Michael Garteig will once again handle the bulk of the playing time in the crease" That's wonderful news /s


    http://www.uscho.com/2016/10/06/majo...#ixzz4MJdQpkTN

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2016-17 - It's 873 miles to Chicago...

    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    According to ECAC columnists Nate Owen & Michael Leboff, "Goaltender Michael Garteig will once again handle the bulk of the playing time in the crease" That's wonderful news /s


    http://www.uscho.com/2016/10/06/majo...#ixzz4MJdQpkTN
    It was lazy reporting throughout the entire article.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •