Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exhibition Scoreboard

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It counts against your 34-game limit. Even if you play a D-III team.
    Thanks. Didn't realize that.

Last night after the Merrimack game the head coach said they just might play a "scrimmage" game against a fellow NCAA team instead. His comments make sense now.

Comment

It's a joke, these CIS teams have nothing to lose, in the Clarkson-UQTR game time and time again the UQTR players were facemasking Clarkson players and punching them in their facemask to mock them because these guys are wearing visors. UQTR were the better team on this night and won but as a fan I'm just hoping nobody picks up an injury. In my opinion if this is going to be cracked down on it's going to be the NCAA sending video to the CIS and them actually discipling them, because correct me if I'm wrong but if there is a suspendable play for the NCAA team in these exhibition games they're still able to be suspended?

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
        It's a joke, these CIS teams have nothing to lose, in the Clarkson-UQTR game time and time again the UQTR players were facemasking Clarkson players and punching them in their facemask to mock them because these guys are wearing visors. UQTR were the better team on this night and won but as a fan I'm just hoping nobody picks up an injury. In my opinion if this is going to be cracked down on it's going to be the NCAA sending video to the CIS and them actually discipling them, because correct me if I'm wrong but if there is a suspendable play for the NCAA team in these exhibition games they're still able to be suspended?
        I quoted the rule book earlier. A game DQ in an exhibition does result in a suspension.

Comment

I can only comment on the BU / UPEI game that I saw.

The game was pretty chippy and the "goonery" was pretty equal both ways. BU in fact had more PIM than PEI.

Comment

RPI 3 McGill 0, another penalty filled game.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

UNH 3 UNB 1. 2 players from each team ejected for misconduct. One UNH player injured (separated shoulder). Officials worked hard to keep the lid on it. Question we UNH fans want an answer for is our player ineligible for next weekends opener v Bentley?

Penalties UNH 9/28 UNB 11/37
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-02-2016, 06:47 PM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI 3 McGill 0, another penalty filled game.
                Was tough to watch in person. No flow what-so-ever as you can imagine; McGill 13/45.....RPI 16/40. That’s 85 PIMs!
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  UNH 3 UNB 1. 2 players from each team ejected for misconduct. One UNH player injured (separated shoulder). Officials worked hard to keep the lid on it. Question we UNH fans want an answer for is our player ineligible for next weekends opener v Bentley?
                  Ineligible. See the post earlier in this thread from Flagdude. BG loses 3 players for our season/WCHA opener at Bemidji under the same rule.

I'm seeing a pattern here...

Comment

Just got back from the OSU-Wilfrid Laurier game. There were definitely a decent amount of penalties, but I couldn't say one team was any more "goonish" than the other. I think its easy to call out the CIS players and say we should do away with these exhibition games, but in my experience the NCAA players are just as guilty of goon tactics as their CIS counterparts. People say the Canadians have nothing to lose, but remember this is just an exhibition for them too. Everybody likes to win, but no one on the CIS teams wants to get players injured any more so than the NCAA teams do. I think a lot of the chippiness comes as much from NCAA players expecting an easy win and getting frustrated when its not handed to them as from any chip on the shoulder the CIS players may or may not have.
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

If it's just a MISCONDUCT, the player is still eligible per normal MISCONDUCT rules. If it's a DISQUALIFICATION, as were the BG players, the player must sit out the next game, or games, per the DISQUALIFICATION rules.

The only thing that affects the NCAA in these games are injuries and disqualifications. In the case of the Windsor players being assessed DISQUALIFICATION penalties in the BG game, they should be suspended for the next game they play against an NCAA team (Michigan today). I do not know if that happened or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        Ineligible. See the post earlier in this thread from Flagdude. BG loses 3 players for our season/WCHA opener at Bemidji under the same rule.

I'm seeing a pattern here...
                        Got it thanks...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Goalie ejected from Acadia for a spear at PC and there was a few hut from behind penalties but very little gooning behavior outside of the spear.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                            If it's just a MISCONDUCT, the player is still eligible per normal MISCONDUCT rules. If it's a DISQUALIFICATION, as were the BG players, the player must sit out the next game, or games, per the DISQUALIFICATION rules.

The only thing that affects the NCAA in these games are injuries and disqualifications. In the case of the Windsor players being assessed DISQUALIFICATION penalties in the BG game, they should be suspended for the next game they play against an NCAA team (Michigan today). I do not know if that happened or not.
                            Ah. Yes. Misconduct vs. DQ. I didn't read closely enough.

Comment

Box score says misconduct; he's eligible. However, two more game misconducts this season, and he will be suspended. http://www.collegehockeystats.net/16...s/mnbrunh1.o02

Comment

SLU-QTR not a lot of rough stuff except a couple of scrum in front of goalies. Way too many ticky-tacky interference calls on both teams...hopefully they get away from over calling that as NCAA play starts!

Comment

Working...
                                X