Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
    According to today's Wednesday Women, Ann-Renée Desbiens is out due to concussion protocol. One can surmise that it was a kick to the head that put her out.
    It sure was that. She played the following week, but felt bad after that, hence going into the protocol. And those MSU announcers couldn't bring themselves to admit it was a cheap shot. I would have loved to hear them react to the suspension. Yeah, I'm holding a grudge. Still p/o'ed Kessel came out of nowhere and saved the rodent season last year.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Still p/o'ed Kessel came out of nowhere and saved the rodent season last year.
      Badger fans didn't seem to have a problem when it was announced out of nowhere at the beginning of the season she wouldn't be playing in 2015/16.

here is a trend Badger fans can take heart in:
      Minnesota has not won a game since the election traveling to a Red State, apparently leaving the safe zone is too traumatic for them

Comment

It sure was that. She played the following week, but felt bad after that, hence going into the protocol. And those MSU announcers couldn't bring themselves to admit it was a cheap shot. I would have loved to hear them react to the suspension. Yeah, I'm holding a grudge. Still p/o'ed Kessel came out of nowhere and saved the rodent season last year.
        See, there is the difference between you and me. I am hoping ARD is better and plays while you are bitter that you were forced to watch perhaps the best forward in womens hockey history play again. A) You can't be the best if you can't beat the best and B) I place the health and well being of even an opponent ahead of a championship/

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          See, there is the difference between you and me. I am hoping ARD is better and plays while you are bitter that you were forced to watch perhaps the best forward in womens hockey history play again. A) You can't be the best if you can't beat the best and B) I place the health and well being of even an opponent ahead of a championship/
          the other difference is that a Utopian never passes the opportunity to prove their moral superiority over a conservative, even if it requires being a hypopcrite
          to most people, actions speak louder than words, but to a Utopian, what one says is more important, and the ends always justifies the means

Comment

I think most Gopher fans don't understand the frustration of most Badger fans when it comes to Kessel's return. While I certainly can't vouch for all Badger fans, I wished (in retrospect) the following had happened:

Scenario #1
            Amanda Kessel never gets hurt, leads Team USA to a gold medal and comes back to Minnesota for her senior year and wins a national title (that they ended up winning even without her)

Scenario #2 (assuming an injury was inevitable)
            While unfortunate to miss her senior year, Amanda Kessel makes her triumphant return to hockey with Team USA and helps them win more world championships and then that elusive gold medal in 2018 and beyond.

Unfortunately (for Badger fans), the fashion of her actual return extended Wisconsin's misery in the NCAAs since 2011. Not saying Minnesota couldn't have won without her (ala 2015), but they were most certainly better with her.

Only the most jaded (and nasty) of sports fan wants their rivals' players to get hurt and stay hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              I think most Gopher fans don't understand the frustration of most Badger fans when it comes to Kessel's return. While I certainly can't vouch for all Badger fans, I wished (in retrospect) the following had happened:

Scenario #1
              Amanda Kessel never gets hurt, leads Team USA to a gold medal and comes back to Minnesota for her senior year and wins a national title (that they ended up winning even without her)

While unfortunate to miss her senior year, Amanda Kessel makes her triumphant return to hockey with Team USA and helps them win more world championships and then that elusive gold medal in 2018 and beyond.

Unfortunately (for Badger fans), the fashion of her actual return extended Wisconsin's misery in the NCAAs since 2011. Not saying Minnesota couldn't have won without her (ala 2015), but they were most certainly better with her.

Only the most jaded (and nasty) of sports fan wants their rivals' players to get hurt and stay hurt.
              What's this "don't understand the frustration" stuff? Like Gopher fans didn't go through frustrating times when Wisconsin was on top winning multiple championships? THE only thing I want to understand is that the Gophers are doing everything in their power to prolong and extend the misery and frustration of the evil red menance that is the BADgers.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Scenario #1

Yeah, instead she goes from being 100% retired, and Badger fans breathe a sigh of relief, to she's back all in the same season! It's equivalent to her being raised from the hockey dead. Sure, it was sad that she couldn't play, it was a bad deal for her, Minnesota and Team USA, but she was officially DONE.

I sure hope the UW players don't put too much pressure on themselves and can play loose and fast this weekend. There's Fr playing critical roles for UW all through the line-up, it will be neat to see how they react and play.

Comment

it will be interesting to see if Wisco fans whine about this as long as ne7minder has whined about the Lamo's transferring to UND

Comment

Scenario #1

We watched for a couple of years when UM had a better team on paper but lost to UW anyway, so I think we can discuss frustration all you want. If I had any money I would have been betting people Kessel was never coming back so I understand the shock. I do wonder what some people would whine about had she recovered enough to have been with the team from day 1 but I really don't care. I want everyone to put their best 21 up and go head to head.

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      it will be interesting to see if Wisco fans whine about this as long as ne7minder has whined about the Lamo's transferring to UND
                      Difference is I never whined about their transfer. I whined about the way they played. I know complexity is beyond your limited range of thought but there is a difference. Had you known me the year they played here you would have heard me whine about the way they played that year too.

You must be so proud that you have finally managed to bait me into responding to you since I had not done that since you went after my kids last year. SO proud of your ability to bait, your truly are a grandmaster baiter. such a tiny goal but a stretch for you.
                      Last edited by ne7minder; 12-01-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        I'm not sure I'l lever get over it, though I have to remind myself to focus on the tremendous season UW did have; losing that last game will sting until UW can beat them time after time after time. Which may never happen.

Any reports from rodentland on their key injuries? Will they travel but not play?

Comment

Difference is I never whined about their transfer. I whined about the way they played. I know complexity is beyond your limited range of thought but there is a difference. Had you known me the year they played here you would have heard me whine about the way they played that year too.

You must be so proud that you have finally managed to bait me into responding to you since I had not done that since you went after my kids last year. SO proud of your ability to bait, your truly are a grandmaster baiter. such a tiny goal but a stretch for you.
                          that's good, admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure
                          sorry I misunderstood what you whine about, my brain has been trained to tune out to what a person is saying when I hear somebody whining

Any reports from rodentland on their key injuries? Will they travel but not play?
                          as far as who is scratched, we, just like you, won't know until game time
                          and as for your band, I remember the days when the WI band would show up at the Old Barn for men's games
                          one band would play, the other would play louder
                          it made for a great atmosphere

and unlike the turds from BU, at least the bands were respectful of one another and wouldn't play while the other played

Comment

Final Score From Friday, December 2nd
                            North Dakota 1
                            Ohio State 1
                            (North Dakota Wins Shootout 2-1)

Ties To The Past & Present

Last April in Tampa, the college hockey community was emphatically told "Sioux Forever." The best traveling fan base in college hockey made it clear that they were maintaining their ties to the past. Last night's UND contingent was less in your face, but there certainly were Sioux jerseys to be seen and Sioux references to be heard. Fighting Hawks? Not so much. As far as I could tell, the only one making Fighting Hawks references was the Ohio State PA Announcer. Not complainin'; just sayin'.

The game itself was a different kind of tie. At the end of 65 minutes of action, the score remained knotted at 1. The hardworking teams contested pretty much every touch of the puck. Both goals were products of rink-long rushes. When the defenses had an opportunity to get set in their own ends, they were impenetrable.

The 3 Stars of the Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

Honorable Mention: (tie) Emma Nuutinen, North Dakota and Jincy Dunne, Ohio State
                            Sometimes shootouts are protracted struggles, dominated by the goalies. Not last night. Along with Ryleigh Houston, Emma & Jincy scored highlight reel goals during the bonus festivities. All three successful shots were smart, slick and perfectly placed. Jincy's goal was particularly wicked. Flattening her stick to fake a lacrosse shot, she then pulled the puck across her body to create the opening she needed.

Each of the three goals clearly qualified as "fun to watch." Which makes shootouts a good thing, eh? Be that as it may, UND had two of the three conversions. That gave them the extra point in the WCHA standings.

#3 Star: Dani Sadek, Ohio State
                            Dani was great Friday night. On one particularly memorable sequence, it looked like the dangerous Amy Menke was gone on a breakaway. But not only did Sadek keep pace with Menke, she defended her perfectly. The result of the play? The puck did nothing more than leak through, dribbling to the net for Kassidy Sauvé's easiest "save" of the night. At the time, Sadek's stalwart play preserved a 1-0 Buckeye lead, and could potentially have been the play of the game.

Dani also started the Buckeye scoring play, gaining possession next to the OSU net...

#2 Star: (tie) Maddy Field, Ohio State and Julianna Iafallo, Ohio State
                            ... and handing the puck off to Julianna. Iafallo was a fine two-way player all night, btw. Anyhow, Julianna brought the puck forward to the defensive blue line and hit Maddy with a nice break-out pass. Field did the rest, wheeling over the offensive blue line and putting a blistering shot in the lower left hand corner of the UND net.

#1 Star: (tie) Ryleigh Houston, North Dakota and Sarah Lacavalier, North Dakota
                            The North Dakota scoring play also started in the defensive zone, and was fittingly similar to the OSU tally. Things got started with a D2D pass from Anna Kilponen to Halli Krzyzaniak. The breakout pass went to Ryleigh, then on to Sarah. A quick Lacavalier pass went back to Houston, and Ryleigh made no mistake.

Up Next: The series continues at 3:07PM Saturday. More good hockey in store.
                            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 12-03-2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              Last night's UND contingent was less in your face, but there certainly were Sioux jerseys to be seen and Sioux references to be heard. Fighting Hawks? Not so much. As far as I could tell, the only one making Fighting Hawks references was the Ohio State PA Announcer.
                              Last night I watched the online stream of UND playing Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA women's volleyball tourney and I saw a UND fan wearing a Fighting Hawks T-shirt. Until then, I wasn't aware that such a thing existed.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Last night I watched the online stream of UND playing Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA women's volleyball tourney and I saw a UND fan wearing a Fighting Hawks T-shirt. Until then, I wasn't aware that such a thing existed.
                                Must be a volleyball thing. At the men's recent games half of Mariucci seemed to be filled with Sioux jerseys. My wife and I spent the time between periods seeing if we could spot anything with a Fighting Hawk on it among the fans. We never did. I mentioned this to my son-in-law a couple of days later and he said maybe it was because the Hawk name is so new. I told him I don't think so.
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X