Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    Give the huge lift B16 has given UM and UW we can only hope the Michigan schools and Notre Dame never ever get women's hockey
    The only way this would work is if they join the wcha. Going B6 in women's hockey would be a disaster.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      Give the huge lift B16 has given UM and UW we can only hope the Michigan schools and Notre Dame never ever get women's hockey
      I agree. We've had seasons tickets to the men's games for over 25 years, but are not going to renew next season. Don't like the B16. Don't like the $200 gift/donation. Miss the games with the WCHA teams and dare I say especially the hated "Sioux." There was nothing wrong with the format they had with Michigan and Michigan State. And in full disclosure, it's getting tougher for us to attend two hockey games when the men and women play the same day.

Getting a B16 conference for women's hockey would be a disaster IMHO.
      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-15-2017, 08:25 AM. Reason: WCHA teams
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Going B6 in women's hockey would be a disaster.
        We must have been typing this at the exact same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

After watching Bob Morris, I'm pretty convinced any team in the wcha could win the cha title.
          Your squad actually put up more goals in home games against Minnesota and Duluth this year than Robert Morris. Does that mean Robert Morris would have finished second in the WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
            Your squad actually put up more goals in home games against Minnesota and Duluth this year than Robert Morris. Does that mean Robert Morris would have finished second in the WCHA?
            Of course not, it's not the score that tells me any team in the wcha could win the cha title, it's my eyes that tell me (bear in mind I've seen UW play every wcha team a minimum of twice, plus Cornell and Clarkson twice). I'm not saying MSU or Bemidji would dominate the cha, but my eyes tell me they can beat Robert Morris, and they are the best the cha has to offer.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Comparing the average scores throughout the season, rather than cherry-picking just the two games, would lead to a very different conclusion.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Don't mean to pile on, but on the chance that you weren't being facetious (no emoticon) I find it a little other worldly to think that Robert Morris could have possibly gone 1-3-1 (UMD) or 1-1-2 (UM) this year let alone allowed fewer goals in two away games to that team across the river from us. It brings to mind one of my favorite Everly Brothers songs though.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-15-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Fishing has been pretty good for EF1 today...
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                    I find it a little other worldly to think that Robert Morris could have possibly gone 1-3-1 (UMD) or 1-1-2 (UM) this year
                    It was stranger that Wisconsin only won 4 of 9 games despite outscoring Minnesota and UMD 27-12.

Robert Morris had a neutral site tie against Clarkson. Minnesota gets Clarkson neutral site this week-end.

Comment

It brings to mind one of my favorite Everly Brothers songs though.
                      Let me guess: 'I Wonder If I Care As Much'?

Comment

It was stranger that Wisconsin only won 4 of 9 games despite outscoring Minnesota and UMD 27-12.
                        hey cherry picker
                        not when you consider the scores of two of the wins accounted for 16 of those goals
                        throw out those two games it is 11-10 and a 2-2-3 record

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          hey cherry picker
                          not when you consider the scores of two of the wins accounted for 16 of those goals
                          throw out those two games it is 11-10 and a 2-2-3 record
                          Correct. Wisconsin had the misfortune of not spreading out the collective beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                            Let me guess: 'I Wonder If I Care As Much'?
                            Nope. "All I Have To Do Is Dream."
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-15-2017, 04:38 PM. Reason: 1960 Hit

Comment

Nope. "All I Have To Do Is Dream."
                              Your welcome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTYe9eDqxe8
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Thanks indeed. Seems like only yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X