No announcement yet.

UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..5 gms @ beginning of the season. Not late season.. not end of or post season.

Hopefully kids involved learn & grow from it.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

I've tried real hard to support Sneddon and staff but have grown tired the past few seasons with what appears to be just gross mismanagement of the program. The recruiting is in shambles, the on ice product is not getting any better, and the reputation of the team has gone downhill. We have gone from a steak of 70+ sell out games and a 7-8 year waiting list on season tickets to no waiting list and discounted games for some of the lowlier teams.

I'm done. Fire Sneddon and his Assts.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
        Maybe we need to rename the season thread.
        Don't see an option to rename the thread

Comment

*** guys haha.

Pre-season Press Conference:
          No seriously... we want to get off to a great start this season. All the players are 100% committed and we're returning a lot of leadership. Great bunch of kids that are ready to work for each other.

2 Days before the first game:
          Nevermind. Lets just be a losing team that plays a boring style of hockey. Our student leaders don't really care and our coach inspires positivity and commitment from nobody.

Pretty hilarious to watch the 10.5 weekly press conference on youtube (Mario, Blanleil, Sneddon).
          Sneddon: We're real mature this year.
          Mario: Can't wait to get going. Clarkson is tough. (Inner monologue: Going to way tougher without me)
          Blanleil: F this.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            I'm done. Fire Sneddon and his Assts.
            Yay! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by CTcatamount View Post
              *** guys haha.

Pre-season Press Conference:
              No seriously... we want to get off to a great start this season. All the players are 100% committed and we're returning a lot of leadership. Great bunch of kids that are ready to work for each other.

2 Days before the first game:
              Nevermind. Lets just be a losing team that plays a boring style of hockey. Our student leaders don't really care and our coach inspires positivity and commitment from nobody.

Pretty hilarious to watch the 10.5 weekly press conference on youtube (Mario, Blanleil, Sneddon).
              Sneddon: We're real mature this year.
              Mario: Can't wait to get going. Clarkson is tough. (Inner monologue: Going to way tougher without me)
              Blanleil: F this.
              I love how the new AD blames it on "Junior Hockey" to deflect from the fact the "extensive" programs they have in place for anti-hazing didn't work. The fact of the matter is that some athletes don't like to drink until they puke and these guys were forced to via peer pressure from the captains. I get they are in college and young men that make mistakes but keeping them as captains is wrong. They got caught breaking a school policy and the law. I'm sorry mister Sneddon but they are not "the right guys". The best leaders lead by example and respect for a program that has a major black eye with this kind of crap. But as I stated earlier, the buck stops at the top and all I saw in the press conference was deflection by the leader. Keeping them as captains is no different than "sweeping" it under the rug in my opinion. The bar is now 5 games.

Comment

Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

Well this has been a fun 48 hours. I guess the "awful news" bet was the winner.

The pre-season quotes from Sneddon on team leadership really make you cringe at this point. I think the five games suspension is the right length, but I think this team should play without having assigned captains at least for the rest of the semester. Does anyone know what the Hockey East rules are regarding captains? Are they required to have them?

Catmandoo, I think Schulman is right to bring up the junior hockey aspect. Honestly, I would be shocked if this is the first hazing that these players have experienced in their careers, or even the most severe. This is an endemic problem in our sport. I don't say that to make excuses, but there is only so much prevention/education that you can do. Ultimately it is up to the team leadership make good decisions and the coaches to be aware what is going on. I think the University's response has been a positive from this.

Really hard to see a situation where they extend Sneddon at this point. He has to stop being in the news for off ice stuff and find a way to make a winning team on the ice. Both of those things seem unlikely right now.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Yup, second year PhD candidate. Living in Midtown right now, its a fun time. Hoping to see 3 Lowell games over the holidays, besides the FF those will be the only games I make it to this year. I'd hope Tech would consider adding hockey, but with the way the football team is playing this year I am not getting my hopes up.
                  Very cool. I work in the One Atlantic Center building -- the big building at the corner of 14th Street and West Peachtree. I grew up in VT (in addition to attending UVM), but don't get up there much these days. Haven't missed much hockey-wise!

Comment

Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

Sneddon should be gone as well as the "Captains".. there is no place for this ****. Time to bring in someone like Ian Boyce (for those old enough to remember him).. Smart Player.. Good Leader..

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Really?

Well guys, it could be worse as you know too well from previous hazing incidents. Not cool and surprising it happened again at UVM but at least it wasn't Elephant Walk II.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                        Sneddon should be gone as well as the "Captains".. there is no place for this ****. Time to bring in someone like Ian Boyce (for those old enough to remember him).. Smart Player.. Good Leader..
                        Boyce is doing fine in life financially to not take over this flaming pile of **** of a program right now
                        Schulman off to a flying start as AD letting his boy off easy if I am him right now behind scenes I'm finding people to contribute to Sneddons buyout and letting him go after the year but who to replace him - its a good job if you look at it the right way and don't do what Sneddons done the last 6 years which shouldnt be hard for most people out to prove themselves

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy View Post
                          Boyce is doing fine in life financially to not take over this flaming pile of **** of a program right now
                          Schulman off to a flying start as AD letting his boy off easy if I am him right now behind scenes I'm finding people to contribute to Sneddons buyout and letting him go after the year but who to replace him - its a good job if you look at it the right way and don't do what Sneddons done the last 6 years which shouldnt be hard for most people out to prove themselves
                          Yeah I didn't think Boyce would do it.. that's why the "Like Boyce".... I think having 21 year old Freshman vs 18 is part of the problem now too (Boyce I think was 17 when he got to UVM and so was Draper).. I wish we would go back to true Freshman...

Comment

O'Donnell handing over pucks like Halloween candy...3 so far along with getting blown by a few times..

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                              O'Donnell handing over pucks like Halloween candy...3 so far along with getting blown by a few times..
                              O'Donnell gets beat wide...then can't contain his man and Clarkson scores..

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Great job of refocusing after a trying few days.

Clarkson very slopping turning it over twice in a row now 5-2 Vermont.

MVP tonight was the PK (have not said that in a while)

Sats game just got more interesting.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X