UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uvmcatobserver View Post
    Yeah. Once again the cats get out goaltended. Give this team average goaltending around .915 save % (not .850 save %) and they are top 4 HE and high 3 seed NCAA. With current goaltending will be 7th place HE and bubble NCAA team
    This. Stef is REALLY struggling right now. Good chance he is just burned out from being in net so long. Either way it is hard to have any confidence in him at the moment. Last night was frustrating. A tie is acceptable but, uvm was the better team, especially in that third period/overtime and they only got one point. Gonna be a nervy stretch run.

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Feel like the Cats gave away a point last night. The hooking on Shaw was a ticky tack penalty, something that shouldn't have been called with 2 minutes left, and was a gift for ND! On the other hand, what was Shaw doing? Hooking in the corner? That guy wasn't going anywhere and the Cats could have easily recovered later in the play. Stupid! Hope they come out strong tonight and have something to show for their good play. Go Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Feel like the Cats gave away a point last night. The hooking on Shaw was a ticky tack penalty, something that shouldn't have been called with 2 minutes left, and was a gift for ND! On the other hand, what was Shaw doing? Hooking in the corner? That guy wasn't going anywhere and the Cats could have easily recovered later in the play. Stupid! Hope they come out strong tonight and have something to show for their good play. Go Cats.
        Vermont's Shaw, UMass Lowell's Campbell Suspended One Game

Comment

[QUOTE=CatClass08;6436649Let's face it this program is never going to need a 5000+ rink. That's not a knock on the program. [/QUOTE]

You obviously were not around during the Perrin and St Louis era when they had people sleeping out overnight to grab the last 100 tickets for each
          game and they also had many people watching the game in Patrick on a big screen because they could have sold 6000-7000 a game easy. True that
          was not the norm but if this team was a top 20 team consistently I see 5000+ a game common as we can fill 4000 without the students which very few
          teams in this league can say.
          Last edited by Cat lover; 02-04-2017, 10:12 AM.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

While I agree a tie here considering how the game started is not bad and it still sets up the Cats for a HUGE game tonight in which they
            can all but bury ND from bumping them out of home ice. A win here puts them 3 points up on ND but it also gives them the tiebreaker
            which makes the lead 4 points which I don't see Nd coming back from when they have 4 road games left including the last 2 at BU. The
            schedule favors VT.

I don't blame the team on the end of the game as it was caused largly by the play by two players, first Lekkas was beat on a weak shot
            because he was caught flopping out of control again and the last goal because Shaw committed the sin of getting a penalty in the off
            zone up a goal late. Could the ref have let it go sure but replay showed he did hook him and in that spot in the game there was no need
            to hook a player a rink length away from your goal.

Vermont was the better team in OT and if they can be tied or ahead late today I see our line depth being a big advantage as it seemed to
            be In the second half of the game last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              I don't blame the team on the end of the game as it was caused largly by the play by two players, first Lekkas was beat on a weak shot
              because he was caught flopping out of control again and the last goal because Shaw committed the sin of getting a penalty in the off
              zone up a goal late. Could the ref have let it go sure but replay showed he did hook him and in that spot in the game there was no need
              to hook a player a rink length away from your goal.
              You sure the Shaw penalty was in the offensive zone? I remember it being in the defensive zone. It came in the left end of the rink, as seen on TV, which was the goal the Cats were defending in the third period. Either way, dumb, but certainly more excusable in the defensive zone.

Comment

• Hmmm, I don't even recall what that was. I remember him drawing a penalty in the 1st period, but can't recall what it was. The TV announcers didn't make a big deal of it. Oh well.....

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  You sure the Shaw penalty was in the offensive zone? I remember it being in the defensive zone. It came in the left end of the rink, as seen on TV, which was the goal the Cats were defending in the third period. Either way, dumb, but certainly more excusable in the defensive zone.
                  Totally sure. Shaw was the forechecker and the D man was trying to bring the puck up the boards.

Comment

Forgione is back!
                    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      You obviously were not around during the Perrin and St Louis era when they had people sleeping out overnight to grab the last 100 tickets for each
                      game and they also had many people watching the game in Patrick on a big screen because they could have sold 6000-7000 a game easy. True that
                      was not the norm but if this team was a top 20 team consistently I see 5000+ a game common as we can fill 4000 without the students which very few
                      teams in this league can say.
                      You don't even have to go back that far... the waiting list for season tickets only went away last season. Even as little as 5 years ago you were looking at 500+ people on the waiting list. Just goes to show what the on ice product does to ticket sales. A run of good seasons and you could go to 5000+ sales per game regularly. That 1000 extra seats generates a lot of income.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Time to sit 40 and 18 and 5. 18 and 5 have started every period this year and continue to get beat in key situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                          Time to sit 40 and 18 and 5. 18 and 5 have started every period this year and continue to get beat in key situations.
                          Agreed re 18 and 5 but history would indicate that the coach won't change it up. No matter how badly APriv played game after game, he was always thrown out there as if he was the answer.

Comment

I have never seen a coach so unable to respond. He was totally out-coached and was frozen as if he didn't have any idea what to do. Surely his AD must see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by vstar View Post
                              I have never seen a coach so unable to respond. He was totally out-coached and was frozen as if he didn't have any idea what to do. Surely his AD must see that.
                              What, specifically, are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                                On a brighter note, the renderings for the new basketball gym look absolutely stunning.
                                Just saw these and agree it looks pretty cool. I'm not an architect or engineer, but it seems they could take that basic structure, put a bit more money into it, and make it suitable for hockey and basketball. No?

Comment

Working...
                                X