Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
    Haven't been this excited for a December home weekend in quite awhile. Student tickets for Friday sold out in less than two hours so the Gut should be buzzing. I actually expect them to pick up 2 points, but if they could pick up 3-4 it would be a huge statement. My concern is that this team gets swept and it completely destroys them mentally.
    I don't see the Cats getting swept, but of course it's never out of the realm of possibility. Think this one's likely to be a split, although I'd give the Cats about a 20% chance of sweeping. Should be two good hockey games regardless.

Comment

I'll predict a split, both 1 goals games, or 1+ENG, one goes to OT. Also, Conelly picks split but gets it wrong, and Hendrickson goes with a BU sweep because well because that's how he always picks.

Weekend really could go in any direction at this point. Either team ending up with a sweep would be well within reason right now. Cats are playing very well, BU just has so much talent... it's a toss up. Really going to depend on who shows up to play and who wants to work the hardest.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I agree with the split most likely. 3 points plus would be obviously huge at this point in the season...

I don't see us getting steamrolled and swept (to the point of demoralizing the team). That said if it did happen we'll have a very good Union team coming into the Gut the next weekend...

There are so many tough stretches in the schedule but the next 8 games at home (BU x2, Union x2, Bentley x2, St. Lawrence, Northeastern) are a huge opportunity for the team to keep the run going vs quality opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          I'll predict a split, both 1 goals games, or 1+ENG, one goes to OT. Also, Conelly picks split but gets it wrong, and Hendrickson goes with a BU sweep because well because that's how he always picks.
          I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Hendrickson will pick a split. It's the smart play and even Hendrickson's got to be getting at least a touch of Catamount Fever!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Hendrickson will pick a split. It's the smart play and even Hendrickson's got to be getting at least a touch of Catamount Fever!
            Read his USCHO Dear Santa column haha...

For Vermont
            "And, of course, that USCHO knucklehead Hendrickson picks us to lose every game unless we’re playing the Little Sisters of the Poor."

... against BU he's going with the sweep!

Comment

For Vermont
              "And, of course, that USCHO knucklehead Hendrickson picks us to lose every game unless we’re playing the Little Sisters of the Poor."

Ha ha, his quote for that is spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Ha ha, his quote for that is spot on!
                Acknowledging the problem is the first step in finding a solution. Maybe Hendrickson will come around yet...

Comment

From the UVM Hockey Blog.

UVM Hockey Blog ‏@TheVTHockeyBlog
                  Injury news: @UVMmhockey defender Ori Abramson has suffered a lower body injury. Out indefinitely.

Jarrid Privitera is also out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    From the UVM Hockey Blog.

Injury news: @UVMmhockey defender Ori Abramson has suffered a lower body injury. Out indefinitely.

Jarrid Privitera is also out this weekend.
                    That is not good for this weekend.....

How about the women's team with two OT wins over Northeastern!! The first with a EAG at the end of the game to tie and then win in OT. They are coming around as well!!

Comment

Man we're going to miss Ori's physical presence out there this weekend.

Hopefully i didn't curse J. Priv by winning his military appreciation day jersey (which finally showed up).

I would love to be up in Burlington this weekend... but I won't even be able to stream the game tonight.
                      Last edited by CTcatamount; 12-09-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

For Vermont

Ha, you called it! Still no love from Hendrickson! Hopefully the Cats will make him eat his words!!!

Comment

Too bad for the two x-BU commits that they won't be able to face their old suitors.

If Keller plays, I think BU gets 3-4 points. If he doesn't, I see UVM getting 3-4. The team hasn't been the same without him. He is the only one that can really generate offense all on his own. Harper can bury the opportunities, but doesn't create them the way Clayton does.

Last time BU was at the Gut, BU stole the game with a late goal by Evan Rodrigues and Eichel tipping home an OT winner. Maybe Sneddon will use that as motivation.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Last time BU was at the Gut, BU stole the game with a late goal by Evan Rodrigues and Eichel tipping home an OT winner. Maybe Sneddon will use that as motivation.
                            Tough game to lose after an excellent effort.

That was a hell of a tip on the winner... I think his back was to goal and the puck was about thigh high and 3 feet away from his body.

Comment

I was at this game. I'm pretty sure Alexx Privitera forgot he wasn't playing for BU anymore, because he put that puck right on the tape for Rodrigues going the other way. Took all of the air out of Gutterson. Hurts even more because that UVM team probably came up 1 quality win short of making the tournament.

Comment

First trip up to the Gut (for the Saturday game), and second to last HEA arena. Any recommendations on what to do in the city?
                                Last edited by Rhett Hot; 12-09-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X