UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    For the purposes of the NCAA, only the 5x5, five minute OT counts. Anything done above and beyond is used for conference points or, in this case, for gits and shiggles. This game was officially a tie.
    Maybe that is why O'Donnell was out there, but I don't think so.
    Glad to know about the tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
      I'll take the tie. Surprised the tv announcers did not know OT rules!
      Wow, like you said, bad job by the announcers! I would have gone to sleep a little easier last night! ;-)

Comment

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Loved the effort by a few of the guys out there last night!
        Blocking shots, diving, crashing net (luckily no calls there!), it was nice to see.
        A few plays were too defensively casual and a few d-men got schooled 1 on 1 a few too many times.
        Also an interesting lineup....NO Lee or Coughlin stands out to me.
        Maybe coach is putting trust in a few other guys?

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          Wow, like you said, bad job by the announcers! I would have gone to sleep a little easier last night! ;-)
          I bet alot of Omaha fans had a big surprise when they saw the score this morning wasn't 5-4.

My 2 cents....if the result doesn't count why play it, unless its a 4 team tourney and someone needs to advance.

Alot of scoring so far in these 3 games without those 3 scorers. Goals spread out as well not just one line.

5 minute major was a joke Omaha player was just caught unready thought he was going to lay Rob out. Young D played
          well the rest of the way with only 5 guys.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Regarding the 5 minute major: If Hamilton didn't stand up as he hit him I don't think it would have been a penalty. Checking 101.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              For the purposes of the NCAA, only the 5x5, five minute OT counts. Anything done above and beyond is used for conference points or, in this case, for gits and shiggles. This game was officially a tie.
              In the case of a non conference game this seems like a great opportunity for players to get injured for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                In the case of a non conference game this seems like a great opportunity for players to get injured for no reason.
                Agreed. I think it's a dumb idea even for conference games. Seems players would be more prone to injury when they're tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                  Loved the effort by a few of the guys out there last night!
                  Blocking shots, diving, crashing net (luckily no calls there!), it was nice to see.
                  A few plays were too defensively casual and a few d-men got schooled 1 on 1 a few too many times.
                  Also an interesting lineup....NO Lee or Coughlin stands out to me.
                  Maybe coach is putting trust in a few other guys?

Go Cats Go!
                  WooHoo!

Comment

Big win for the cats in Omaha! Puffer played great tonight and I feel like Lekkas won the starting job with his play this weekend. Especially coming in with the two goal deficit in the first and blanking a talented UNO team the rest of the way.

Comment

16 goals in 4 games WOW!!!! Last year Vermont took 9 games to get that much.

Anybody else thinking we have a real good chance to beat Michigan that didnt 48 hours ago???
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Now how do you fit the four other guys back into the lineup? I know Mario and Bradley will get back in but what about the other two. Hopefully it doesn't mess up what these boys have created. This team is one weak goal away from being 2-0-2. Clarkson beat umass Lowell and tied providence this weekend. I think the Santa era is over he looked lost last night and the freshman looked great

Comment

I stopped listening after they went down 2-0 for the second straight night. Thought they were headed for a blowout.

Great to see some of the underclassman really step up. Seems like we're headed for a two-headed monster in goal again this year. Santaguida will find his way back in to the starter role at some point before Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                            I stopped listening after they went down 2-0 for the second straight night. Thought they were headed for a blowout.

Great to see some of the underclassman really step up. Seems like we're headed for a two-headed monster in goal again this year. Santaguida will find his way back in to the starter role at some point before Christmas
                            As an Omaha fan I was really impressed with UVM and especially #40's relief performance. He played very confident and didn't allow many rebounds. The Puffer line was dominant Saturday. We didn't have an answer for it.
                            Now go beat everyone else so we don't look bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                              Don't know about Santa working his way back into the starter's job, but hope you're right about the two-headed monster thing. Right now I'm not sure I'd trust Santa in a backup role.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Sauce View Post
                                As an Omaha fan I was really impressed with UVM and especially #40's relief performance. He played very confident and didn't allow many rebounds. The Puffer line was dominant Saturday. We didn't have an answer for it.
                                Now go beat everyone else so we don't look bad!
                                I was apprehensive about dropping $15 to watch last nights game but came away with the best PPV experience watching any road game! It was worth it!
                                Your announcing crew was great! They were complimentary toward the good things UVM was doing and even slightly criticizing UNO when necessary. They knew the UVM players names and quite knowledgable about the game.
                                UNO team didnt get chippy late either as teams seem to do. I thought the announcing crew were the perfect balance of being homers and being honest. The quality of the feed was great too.
                                Far cry from a few of the TERRIBLE hockey east away crews and school feeds. I hope this series will renew for a few more years.

Our defensive energy was great! Relentless forecheck and back checking caused offensive chances that we didnt choke on.
                                Love seeing those soph/jr take it up a level. Puffer/Priv and linemates really sparked the rest!

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Working...
                                X