UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
    I see that the roster has indeed been trimmed down to 31. Still too many though.
    Looks like. Kearly and Ferguson are gone from the D. No cuts from the forwards. I understand Kearly but don't get Ferguson. I think he is as good or better then Lee and Muscoby much less the unproven freshmen. How do you cut guys a month into the school year?

Comment

Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
      How do you cut guys a month into the school year?
      Does anyone know if Sneddon told all these guys ahead of time that he would be making cuts? Not defending him here just curious how you bring in that many players. Assuming they are walk ons but if they are scholarship players, that would be honored regardless if they get cut from the team, correct? As in they can stay enrolled at the school if they don't want to pursue hockey somewhere else?

Comment

Looks like. Kearly and Ferguson are gone from the D. No cuts from the forwards. I understand Kearly but don't get Ferguson. I think he is as good or better then Lee and Muscoby much less the unproven freshmen. How do you cut guys a month into the school year?
        Wouldn't be surprising. This staff has the lowest integrity in NCAA🙂

Comment

That is a lot of players in the stands every game!
          I wonder how that plays into the 'keeping the lines together for a while' idea?
          There will be a lot of grumbling and resentment among the players. I assume that cant be good for team chemistry.

Still hoping for a good start and and positive vibes going forward!

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Wouldn't be surprising. This staff has the lowest integrity in NCAA🙂
            pretty much - could have easily told these two not to come back after end of year meetings in April saved them hassle of putting in deposit and enrolling in school

Like always i'm sure there are going to be defenders of the situation because some people can't see the reality that this program needs a change in direction and is pretty much Sneddon lighting it on fire and laughing to the bank on the way to more 12-15 win seasons because he knows he can't be fired or bought out

Even the two were not contributors its sad because it meant those rumors we heard earlier were true and the staff had intent of bringing in guys to cut some low integrity indeed

Comment

I would think doing this is going to make it much more difficult for the recruiters. The lack of commitment to marginal players might also indicate a problem with player development once they are here...
              Last edited by j24vt; 10-05-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Definitely a bad look for the university and the program.

If Sneddon's contract is up after 2017-18, we will really learn what this new AD thinks of him. I think it shows just how much the coaches need this year's team to do something special, because they're not going to be good next year which will give the university it's best chance to make a change.

Talk about a downer before the first weekend of real hockey.

Comment

Let me get this straight as I dont want to take what you all are complaining about wrongly but could it be true that in college sports

"NOT EVERY PLAYER MAKES THE TEAM"

I thought this was little league and everyone one gets to play.

If you are not a NHL prospect type player and you go to a D1 school (Hockey East no less) you are COMPLETELY aware that
                  playing time and making the roster is not a sure thing.

There seems to be some personnel grudges toward the coaches going on here that is taking our attention away from the players
                  that are actually playing for the Cats. To quote the line from Hoosiers

“I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not."
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                    If you are not a NHL prospect type player and you go to a D1 school (Hockey East no less) you are COMPLETELY aware that
                    Can anyone remember a time another D1 team cut players like this for purely athletic reasons 1 month into the school year?

I cannot, and unless it's common and I just missed it I don't think it's reasonable that players would've expected this was a realistic possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Can anyone remember a time another D1 team cut players like this for purely athletic reasons 1 month into the school year?

I cannot, and unless it's common and I just missed it I don't think it's reasonable that players would've expected this was a realistic possibility.
                      Jerry York pulled this same stunt a few years ago. It's an embarrassment to college hockey and coaches shouldn't be allowed to do it. Why not cut the kids after the end of last season so they can find someplace else to play?
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        Let me get this straight as I dont want to take what you all are complaining about wrongly but could it be true that in college sports

"NOT EVERY PLAYER MAKES THE TEAM"

I thought this was little league and everyone one gets to play.

There seems to be some personnel grudges toward the coaches going on here that is taking our attention away from the players
                        that are actually playing for the Cats. To quote the line from Hoosiers

“I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not."
                        of course kool aid drinker #1 shows up there will be more

You are completely missing point - yes playing time is not a sure thing and players much earn it - but what this staff did was told two players who probably could have been told in April you will not be expected to be in our plans to come back to school put down money to come back perhaps even sign leases on apts and stay and train all summer only to say after one game, hey, see ya later we don't need you - you want to look at this through lens like these kids are now in a complete bind because they cannot go back to junior hockey for a year and now if they transfer they have to sit out and go through a process of unenrolling in school when all this could have been avoided if they were just given an honest answer of hey you arent gonna play find somewhere else to go in April - it is a move that has no integrity

you seem to think because people actually are critical that Sneddon has pretty much done nothing good in like 6 years and cant develop guys and doesnt get good players (dont give me the they all go to BU/BC crap) that its some kind of grudge no man it is just how some people view things and if you want to live in what i believe is a fairy tale land or just happy to be here land that is fine you can do that but it isnt personal its me not liking to see my season ticket money wasted on inferior play and a coach who outs guys and brings in a ton of others acting like he'll finally get it right all the way to 13 win seasons and i think that is reasonable for me to want more and not what is currently happenings

Comment

https://twitter.com/JackMyNBC5/statu...16758570012672

here is what Sneddon said about it dont know if someone asked why he couldn't have made that decision in April to you know not have 33 guys come in? if it is not something you want to do coach why did you do it and bring in that many guys?

Comment

The idea of cutting a college kid from a team really shouldn't bother anyone--in a vacuum. Problem is we don't know if it came as a shock to them/what sneddon told them last year etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Jerry York pulled this same stunt a few years ago. It's an embarrassment to college hockey and coaches shouldn't be allowed to do it. Why not cut the kids after the end of last season so they can find someplace else to play?
                              I assume you are talking about colin sullivan. Do you happen to know what York told him at the end of his freshman year etc? Nope. But you're obsessed with York.

Comment

In that video he does say they will honor their scholarships at the university. That was one thing i was curious about.

Comment

Working...
                                X