3 Clarkson
      4 St. L
      5 Q
      6 UMD
      7 Colgate
      8 BC
      9 Bob M
      10 NE
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '16-'17

1 Wisconsin
        2 St. Lawrence
        3 Minnesota
        4 Clarkson
        5 Minnesota-Duluth
        6 Boston College
        7 Quinnipiac
        8 Colgate
        9 Robert Morris
        10 North Dakota
        ARV: Boston University, Northeastern, Princeton, Cornell
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

1) Wisconsin
          2) St Lawrence
          3) Minnesota
          4) Clarkson
          5) Minnesota-Duluth
          6) Boston College
          7) Quinnipiac
          8) Colgate
          9) Robert Morris
          10) Cornell

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Well, it certainly would help an Eastern team get the runner-up trophy again
            Next year is our best shot!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Next year is our best shot!
              Centralizing for the Oympics does make it interesting...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1. Wisconsin - Keeps on rolling
                2. Minnesota - Lost to BU, but outshot them significantly. Blip.
                3. UMD - Lost to Minn State, but outshot them significantly. Copy/paste.
                4. Clarkson - So close to moving them up, but...
                5. St Lawrence - If I moved Clarkson, I'd have to move them too.
                6. Boston College - Will be hard to move them up given a weak HE conference.
                7. Quinnipiac - Could cause damage in 2nd half
                8. North Dakota - Dangerous, but needs to get on roll
                9. Colgate - Ditto
                10. Cornell - Ditto

Waiting in the wings: RMU (and maybe Princeton)

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                  It's unbelievable that you guys are getting to see how the other half (or 34/35th, or 35/36th, or 40/41st) lives.
                  I was around in 2006-2007, so I've seen UM struggle before. If I live long enough, I'll see the Gophers slide out of the tourney field again.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I was around in 2006-2007, so I've seen UM struggle before. If I live long enough, I'll see the Gophers slide out of the tourney field again.
                    Given the high-end incoming talent the next two years I'm optimistic that this will not happen. And as we look ahead beyond next year, after which Wisconsin looks to be considerably down, the Gophers should be just fine. Not only marginally improved, compared to this year's squad, but talent wise several steps above this year's team. So I think we'll be just fine, in the immediate future. Although long-term, it's inevitable that you will eventually be right. I do think the Gopher Women might be in a bit of lull right now, but given the talent level of the classes coming in, I do see signs that the "future glass" is more than half full.
                    Last edited by D2D; 12-13-2016, 09:02 PM.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Given the high-end incoming talent the next two years I'm optimistic that this will not happen.
                      You're optimistic that I won't live long enough? Thanks bud.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        Centralizing for the Oympics does make it interesting...
                        Personally, I think the thought of centralizing for either Team USA or Team Canada is just silly.. Since the arrival of both the NWHL and the CWHL the gap between these 2 countries and the rest of the world (Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic, Japan, Germany, etc) is even wider! And with these two leagues operating the players used on the Olympic teams are playing hockey anyway! Is there really ever a question as to who will play for the gold medal? I mean come on! You could put together 3 or 4 teams from either country that would pound the other teams at the Olympics! I say shut down the college game for the two week period of the Olympics and let the 3-4 college players that are in the Olympics stay with their collegiate teams prior to and after the games are completed. Every team in college hockey has a bye week or two anyway and would it really be a big deal if you just pushed back the Frozen 4 a week during an Olympic year? I don't think it's necessary AT ALL to centralize the two super power teams!.. Total overkill that really isn't needed!
                        Last edited by pensrule; 12-14-2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                          Personally, I think the thought of centralizing for either Team USA or Team Canada is just silly.. Since the arrival of both the NWHL and the CWHL the gap between these 2 countries and the rest of the world (Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czech Republic, Japan, Germany, etc) is even wider! And with these two leagues operating the players used on the Olympic teams are playing hockey anyway! Is there really ever a question as to who will play for the gold medal? I mean come on! You could put together 3 or 4 teams from either country that would pound the other teams at the Olympics! I say shut down the college game for the two week period of the Olympics and let the 3-4 college players that are in the Olympics stay with their collegiate teams prior to and after the games are completed. Every team in college hockey has a bye week or two anyway and would it really be a big deal if you just pushed back the Frozen 4 a week during an Olympic year? I don't think it's necessary AT ALL to centralize the two super power teams!.. Total overkill that really isn't needed!
                          I don't agree with this. I want the USA to do whatever is necessary to beat Canada.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I don't agree with this. I want the USA to do whatever is necessary to beat Canada.
                            We'll do everything possible, but in the end they'll be playing "Oh Canada" at the end. We believe we can win. Canada knows that they'll win.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              So you centralize the team for 6 months to win one game? I suppose I could see the need to do this if there were no professional leagues for the best players from both the USA or Canada to play in or if college hockey hadn't evolved the way it has over the last 10 years or so. But the best players (collegiate or professional) are already playing in high level leagues on a consistent basis. Both Team Canada and Team USA already get the best of the best together multiple times a year for their respective National team camps and other international tournaments anyway. Why the need to centralize? Is it really a big mystery as to what players will be on the team? I'm sure the Team USA and Team Canada higher ups already know who they want on the team. The womens hockey world is pretty small. And the fact that the rest of the world really isn't any closer to these two teams today than they were 15 years ago..I just don't see the need!
                              Last edited by pensrule; 12-14-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                                So you centralize the team for 6 months to win one game?
                                Yes
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X