Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I absolutely must meet this person.
    Look in the mirror.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '16-'17

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
      Out east we play lots of 1 game series, which has been known to prevent a 2 game sweep.

Most teams in the WCHA (Bemidji, Minnesota, Minnesota State, North Dakota, Ohio State) are not scheduled to play a non-conference game against a team with a current winning record.

Every Hockey East team has played or will play a non-conference opponent with a winning record, so will 10 of the 12 ECAC teams.
      and your point is?
      maybe the teams with winning records don't want to play the WCHA teams given that in the games that matter, at the NCAA FF, WCHA wins over 75% of the games

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        and your point is?
        maybe the teams with winning records don't want to play the WCHA teams given that in the games that matter, at the NCAA FF, WCHA wins over 75% of the games
        No point. Your right. More Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
          No point. Your right. More Lindenwood.
          We probably don't need to schedule any differently. The WCHA schedule is tough enough...and based on national championships, the recipe works quite well. Remember BC last year? There was a general consensus that they played too soft of a schedule and there's a good chance it cost them. Almost never does any team in the WCHA play that soft a schedule.

Your whole premise is invalid based on the current strength of schedule:

1. Bemidji 4-7-1
          2. Wisconsin 11-0-1
          3. North Dakota 6-4-2
          4. Duluth 7-2-3
          5. Harvard 1-5-0
          6. Dartmouth 1-5-0
          8. St. Cloud 4-7-1
          Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Look in the mirror.
            Oh man I *WISH* I was that good
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Lindenwood has 5 series against WCHA teams this year. I believe they had 6 last year.

Is this the WCHA teams trying to schedule 'easy' victories for themselves or this something closer to community service? Lindenwood needs to schedule a lot of OOC games and they already have serious travel issues for their conference games.

Comment

We can all pick meaningless stats, but what does it prove? Last year, BC was 40-0 against teams from the East, 0-1 against teams from the West. There is some math for you.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Lindenwood has 5 series against WCHA teams this year. I believe they had 6 last year.

Is this the WCHA teams trying to schedule 'easy' victories for themselves or this something closer to community service? Lindenwood needs to schedule a lot of OOC games and they already have serious travel issues for their conference games.
                  It's community service. Mark Johnson has said this directly. Geographically the wcha is the closest to them as well. They might as well just join the wcha, based on geography.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    We can all pick meaningless stats, but what does it prove? Last year, BC was 40-0 against teams from the East, 0-1 against teams from the West. There is some math for you.
                    To be fair, I think they were actually 2-1 vs the west. Swept an opening series against UMD.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      To be fair, I think they were actually 2-1 vs the west. Swept an opening series against UMD.
                      In ARM's defense, Duluth *is* east of Minneapolis.

This thread is the best.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        It's community service. Mark Johnson has said this directly. Geographically the wcha is the closest to them as well. They might as well just join the wcha, based on geography.
                        it is in the best interest of WCHA schools that Lindenwood be a successful program, if one of the WCHA schools left the conference or dropped women's hockey, or another school wanted to join the WCHA, Lindenwood could be a logical school to try to replace them or become the 10th team.

it's also sunny and warm compared to most of the WCHA schools

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          it is in the best interest of WCHA schools that Lindenwood be a successful program, if one of the WCHA schools left the conference or dropped women's hockey, or another school wanted to join the WCHA, Lindenwood could be a logical school to try to replace them or become the 10th team.

it's also sunny and warm compared to most of the WCHA schools
                          I would not like the wcha to go to 10 teams because it would reduce the n/c games unless you went with an unbalanced league schedule, which would suck.

Lindenwood is hosting the ncaa's this year, correct?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Lindenwood is hosting the ncaa's this year, correct?
                            Correct, but at The Family Arena in St. Charles, not at Lindenwood Ice Arena (their home rink) 22 miles away in Wentzville.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              To be fair...
                              I was trying to follow the precedent established: pick an arbitrary stat, use it incorrectly with inaccuracies, extrapolate like crazy, and then act like you've proven something.

Plus, I'm old, and I don't remember things that happened over 12 months ago. Or 12 minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                I was trying to follow the precedent established: pick an arbitrary stat, use it incorrectly with inaccuracies, extrapolate like crazy, and then act like you've proven something.

Plus, I'm old, and I don't remember things that happened over 12 months ago. Or 12 minutes ago.
                                I was somewhat surprised that no BC supporters mentioned the UMD games but they are just checked out except for GS.

I found myself walking down the hall at work today and I forgot why I was walking down the hall. I'm not even sure you need to be old to do that.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X