Ohio State Buckeyes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2016-2017

JP had hired a coach to replace Carson, Is this the one they are waiting on? New staff should want to get their own person.

Comment

I guess only the admin and current staff would be able to answer that question. Makes sense that something like this is in the works as I don't believe that OSU would have a problem attracting an assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        Understand that another coach has been hired and currently going through the paperwork process.
        Heard the same.

I can't see a two-person system working or making sense. This is not how you want to bring in the new era.
        Agreed. But I've heard nothing to suggest that a two-coach system was ever the intent...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Heard the same.

Agreed. But I've heard nothing to suggest that a two-coach system was ever the intent...
          Good to hear. I was commenting on a previous post that alluded to the Buckeyes going with 2 coaches this year.

Comment

Good to hear. I was commenting on a previous post that alluded to the Buckeyes going with 2 coaches this year.
            Fully understood. I was alluding to the previous posts as well.

Comment

Ohio State picked up a quality road win at #8 Bemidji State by a final score of 3-1. The Buckeye goals were scored by junior forward Lauren Spring, sophomore forward Erin Langermeier, and scoring her first goal as a Buckeye was freshman forward Rebecca Freiburger. Sophomore goaltender Kassidy Sauve stopped 35 of the 36 shots she faced and Bemidji senior goaltender Brittni Mowat stopped 19 of the 22 shots she faced. Although Ohio State was outshot again, it was not as bad as it has been the past couple weeks (36-22). The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST. Here is the recap from ohiostatebuckeyes.com.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...101416aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Ohio State picked up a quality road win at #8 Bemidji State by a final score of 3-1. The Buckeye goals were scored by junior forward Lauren Spring, sophomore forward Erin Langermeier, and scoring her first goal as a Buckeye was freshman forward Rebecca Freiburger. Sophomore goaltender Kassidy Sauve stopped 35 of the 36 shots she faced and Bemidji senior goaltender Brittni Mowat stopped 19 of the 22 shots she faced. Although Ohio State was outshot again, it was not as bad as it has been the past couple weeks (36-22). The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 4:07 pm EST. Here is the recap from ohiostatebuckeyes.com.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...101416aaa.html
                Another good win. Would love to see more shots though. Relying so much on defence/goaltending always makes me nervous.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                  Another good win. Would love to see more shots though. Relying so much on defence/goaltending always makes me nervous.
                  I wouldn't read too much into the SOG statistics in this one. As many have alluded to in previous seasons when Ohio State was the team outshooting our opponents in games that we lost, Bemidji State took quite a few more shots than Ohio State did in the third period when they were trying to come back from a 3-0 deficit. If you check the box score and the SOG by period, you'll see it was very even through two periods with Ohio State actually leading the SOG 18-17 after two periods. Bemidji State outshot us 19-4 in the third period when they were trying to rally from a 3-0 deficit.

Comment

Excellent point.

Comment

Understand that another coach has been hired and currently going through the paperwork process. I can't see a two-person system working or making sense. This is not how you want to bring in the new era.
                      Former player Hokey Langan is apparently waiting on her visa paperwork to become the second assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                        Former player Hokey Langan is apparently waiting on her visa paperwork to become the second assistant.

Comment

Hokey Langan is a great hire, was a great player, real passion for the game. OSU seems to be on the right track ! Nice to see an alumni hired !

Comment

I had heard about Hokey, too. I think she will be an excellent addition to the team.

On the ice earlier today, Bemidji bounced back with a 4-1 win. Shots on goal (that seems to be the hot topic around here ) were a problem for the Buckeyes today as they were outshot 36-15. Kassidy Sauve stopped 32 shots while her counterpart for Bemidji, senior Brittni Mowat, stopped 14 of the 15 shots she faced today. Sophomore transfer Ariana DePinto scored Ohio State's only goal. The Bemidji State goals were scored by Madison Hutchinson, Emily Bergland (2), and Emma Terres. Another story in the game was Bemidji State had six power plays to Ohio State's three, and the Beavers scored on three of those six power plays. Now that I see that in the box score, that probably had a bearing on the SOG. Still, not a bad thing to get three points on the road vs #8 in the country, and a team that won all four games vs the Bucks last season. With six road games to start the season, and four of those road games against teams ranked in the top ten, if someone would have told me we would come out of that with a 3-2-1 record, I would have taken that. I know the girls wanted to finish the sweep today, but Bemidji is good and they came to play today. So, finally, the girls get to come home, although they are going to be facing the Gophers. Should be interesting. I know the girls are excited to get back on their home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              I wouldn't read too much into the SOG statistics in this one. As many have alluded to in previous seasons when Ohio State was the team outshooting our opponents in games that we lost, Bemidji State took quite a few more shots than Ohio State did in the third period when they were trying to come back from a 3-0 deficit. If you check the box score and the SOG by period, you'll see it was very even through two periods with Ohio State actually leading the SOG 18-17 after two periods. Bemidji State outshot us 19-4 in the third period when they were trying to rally from a 3-0 deficit.
                              When you get outshot 19-4 in the 3rd period of game 1 of a 2 game series, you might want to read into it as it is a momentum builder and as witnessed on Saturday, Bemidji's strong play continued into game 2. I do believe that we saw a very tired Buckeyes team yesterday as a result of starting the season with 6 straight on the road. Spending some time at home will give the coaching staff some time to work with the team, time they have not had. The giveaways in their own zone were frequent and are a definite concern. However a very positive start to the season for this young squad!

Comment

All things considered, I'd say it's been a great start to the season for Ohio State women's hockey!

Here's a nice piece at wcha.com on the Buckeyes with special attention to Jincy Dunne and Coach Muzerall.

http://www.wcha.com/women/pres1617/201610/oct13bro.php

Comment

Working...
                                X