Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2016-2017

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    I was happy for the girls this weekend... I am just going to support the kids and enjoy the process. I think we have a great coaching staff here now and I will take four points vs a top ten team any day.
    To continue the enjoyment, check out the 3 Stars over on the WCHA Thread. Happy Stargazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      I was happy for the girls this weekend. They have worked pretty hard this season, and the coaching staff has only had a couple months with the kids due to work visa issues. Heck, we are still waiting for another assistant (Hokey Langan) to get clearance to be here. Anyway, enough about government red tape! After a number of near-misses vs top ten teams this season (the exception being a win over Bemidji on the road earlier this season when they were ranked in the top ten), the girls finally got to taste victory yesterday. The expressions on their faces after a big win like that are priceless. Kassidy Sauve has been outstanding in net this season, although sometimes I worry that we are making her work too hard. Knowing Kassidy, though, I don't think she would have it any other way. She likes stopping pucks, and she is having a spectacular season doing it. I am not going to make any bold predictions about wins and losses this season. I am just going to support the kids and enjoy the process. I think we have a great coaching staff here now and I will take four points vs a top ten team any day.
      Your goalie better like shots, she stopped 85 of 87 this weekend! If you can see it, chances are you can stop it and the Ohio defense is allowing her to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        To continue the enjoyment, check out the 3 Stars over on the WCHA Thread. Happy Stargazing!
        Thanks pgb, heading over there now!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
          Your goalie better like shots, she stopped 85 of 87 this weekend! If you can see it, chances are you can stop it and the Ohio defense is allowing her to see it.
          Yeah, in reading the story, coach actually talked to the players during the first intermission about blocking shots so they did not get to Kassidy and they ended up doing a better job of that the rest of the way. The numbers bear that out as North Dakota had 19 shots on goal out of the gate in the first period, 44 for the game (11 in the second period, 14 in the third), so Ohio State did a better job of blocking shots in the second and third periods. Still a big shot discrepancy, but then, I would be willing to bet that UND would rather have gotten a win and the three points than the "shots on goal" victory. Games like yesterday prove that shots on goal can be a very overrated stat. I'll take the win and the three points.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            OK - did not know that. Reggie must be the Buckeye mole!
            Not a Buckeye mole, this info is readily available. 2 players are no longer on the roster at the end of the semester as the overhaul continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
              Not a Buckeye mole, this info is readily available. 2 players are no longer on the roster at the end of the semester as the overhaul continues.
              This is correct. Noticed that over the weekend vs UND. Roster backs it up.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...ockey-mtt.html

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                N 2 players are no longer on the roster at the end of the semester as the overhaul continues.
                Two less players on the roster is factual; the reasons may not be as clear. (as an overhaul)

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                  Two less players on the roster is factual; the reasons may not be as clear. (as an overhaul)
                  Where are the headed to and why?

This is the 2nd time Depinto has left a program.
                  Last edited by Call It; 12-07-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
                    Yeah, you are correct. I should have clarified, Reggie44 is correct that there are two players no longer on the roster. Whether it is the start or continuation of an overhaul, I am not sure about that. Regardless of the reasoning, this is par for the course when a new coach comes in. Some players are just not going to fit in or are not going to thrive in a new coach's system so they decide to move on. We had three players transfer out before Coach Nadine was hired. Two of those three transferred to WCHA teams, so they are sitting out this season.

Comment

Ohio State has given up 1 goal in 4 non-conference games

Comment

• Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                        Can't wait to hear more about the late 2017 signings that will worry the current players.
                        Must have been worried...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          Ohio State has given up 1 goal in 4 non-conference games
                          Ohio State should be a real contender in the next few years, they have excellent goaltending now, defence is strong and just need some depth up front. A good recruiting class will help to address that and the development of this years Freshmen and Sophomores bodes well for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFan View Post
                            Ohio State should be a real contender in the next few years, they have excellent goaltending now, defence is strong and just need some depth up front. A good recruiting class will help to address that and the development of this years Freshmen and Sophomores bodes well for the future.
                            Yeah, if we can just get some goal-scoring, I think we will challenge for a spot in the WCHA top four and home ice in the first round.

Comment

The Wisconsin Badgers picked up where they left off last Sunday. This team is the real deal, not exactly breaking news or a surprise. The Badgers are #1 for a reason and they were very sharp tonight. Wisconsin scored two goals in the first period, broke the game open with four more in the second period, then added another goal in the third period for a 7-0 final earlier tonight. The four-goal second period resulted in Buckeye goaltender Kassidy Sauve being replaced by freshman netminder Kaylee Remington. Sauve has been spectacular this season and has kept the Buckeyes in a lot of games, but tonight was just not her night. The #1-ranked Badgers had something to do with that. As has been the case in most of our games this season, Ohio State was outshot by a wide margin, 48-14. Kassidy Sauve saved 26 of the 32 shots she faced and Kaylee Remington stopped 15 of the 16 shots she faced. Wisconsin's Ann-Renee Desbiens saved all 14 of the shots she faced for the shutout. I've talked about Wisconsin's goal scoring. That was not the whole story. Wisconsin's defense really smothered Ohio State tonight and did not allow the Buckeyes to get much going. Back to the Badger offense ... goals were scored by Jenny Ryan (2), Sam Cogan, Annie Pankowski (2), Emily Clark, and Baylee Wellhausen. I think Coach Nadine Muzerall probably said it best after the game ... "At the end of the day the Badgers are the number one team in the country and they're more skilled than we are." The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time being 3:07 pm EST.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                The Wisconsin Badgers picked up where they left off last Sunday. This team is the real deal, not exactly breaking news or a surprise. The Badgers are #1 for a reason and they were very sharp tonight. Wisconsin scored two goals in the first period, broke the game open with four more in the second period, then added another goal in the third period for a 7-0 final earlier tonight. The four-goal second period resulted in Buckeye goaltender Kassidy Sauve being replaced by freshman netminder Kaylee Remington. Sauve has been spectacular this season and has kept the Buckeyes in a lot of games, but tonight was just not her night. The #1-ranked Badgers had something to do with that. As has been the case in most of our games this season, Ohio State was outshot by a wide margin, 48-14. Kassidy Sauve saved 26 of the 32 shots she faced and Kaylee Remington stopped 15 of the 16 shots she faced. Wisconsin's Ann-Renee Desbiens saved all 14 of the shots she faced for the shutout. I've talked about Wisconsin's goal scoring. That was not the whole story. Wisconsin's defense really smothered Ohio State tonight and did not allow the Buckeyes to get much going. Back to the Badger offense ... goals were scored by Jenny Ryan (2), Sam Cogan, Annie Pankowski (2), Emily Clark, and Baylee Wellhausen. I think Coach Nadine Muzerall probably said it best after the game ... "At the end of the day the Badgers are the number one team in the country and they're more skilled than we are." The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time being 3:07 pm EST.
                                A positive take away from tonight's game (I watched some of it) is that you didn't get scored on as often as UM did in that game last Sunday and UM is ranked #2.

Another positive for you, but an aside...saw one of your alums, Natalie Spooner, in a Lady Speed Stick commercial the other day featuring females (athletes)...looked familiar but couldn't figure out who it was the first time I saw it then saw it again the next day and realized who it was. Following in Tessa Bonhomme's footsteps of capitalizing on their "celebrity"...all the power to them...really nice to see.

The commercial shows (among many other scenes/individuals) a female hockey player from behind skating and shooting on net and then it later shows her in the dressing room sitting after a good work out staring at the camera. The play on words just occurred to me ..."Lady Speed Stick".

Comment

Working...
                                X