X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2016-2017

Nice weekend OSU!

Comment

• Great weekend by the Buckeyes, congrats!

Question for you, anyone know anything about Crystal Sorem? She was on the roster early and played some, but I don't see her listed now. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Great weekend by the Buckeyes, congrats!

Question for you, anyone know anything about Crystal Sorem? She was on the roster early and played some, but I don't see her listed now. Thanks.
        Goldy_331, I have no idea what happened with Crystal Sorem, nor Ariana DePinto, but neither are on the roster at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          Goldy_331, I have no idea what happened with Crystal Sorem, nor Ariana DePinto, but neither are on the roster at this time.
          Thanks. May have to ask her dad.

Comment

I did not watch the game online, I only have a box score in front of me. The game was competitive for a couple of periods. Both teams scored a goal in the first period and the game stayed that way until the third period. At that point, Minnesota-Duluth exploded for five third period goals and won going away by a final score of 6-1. Rebecca Freiburger scored Ohio State's only goal. The UMD goals were scored by Sidney Morin, Katherine McGovern (2), Demi Crossman, Jessica Healey, and Maria Lindh. Kassidy Sauve saved 28 of the 33 shots she faced. She was replaced by Kaylee Remington who saved 6 of the 7 shots she faced. Minnesota-Duluth backstop Maddie Rooney saved 18 of the 19 shots she faced. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 5:07 pm EST.

Comment

Minnesota-Duluth completed the sweep earlier today by a final score of 3-0. The Bulldogs outshot the Buckeyes 32-18 with UMD goaltender Maddie Rooney stopping all 18 of Ohio State's shots. Buckeye backstop Kassidy Sauve did her best to keep Ohio State in the game with a 29-save performance. The Bulldog goals were scored by Ashleigh Brykaliuk, Lara Stalder, and Linnea Hedin. Both teams will be back in action next weekend with UMD hosting North Dakota and the Buckeyes hosting St. Cloud.

Comment

Heads up Buckeyes.

If you haven't looked, there is an active discussion of OSU Women's Hockey going on over in the UMD thread!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Heads up Buckeyes.

If you haven't looked, there is an active discussion of OSU Women's Hockey going on over in the UMD thread!
                  Should I venture over there?

Comment

Ohio State dropped game one of this weekend's series vs St. Cloud by a final score of 3-1. The coaching staff was disappointed, and you could see the disappointment on the players' faces after the game. The game started well for the Buckeyes as they spent a good portion of the first period in the offensive zone but could only get a power play goal from Lauren Spring. St. Cloud got on the board toward the end of the period, scoring a goal with 1:21 left in the first period to tie it. The Huskies' goal was scored by Lauren Hespenheide. Both teams went scoreless in the second period. Ohio State was done in by a slow start in the third period. The period started with a power play for the Buckeyes, but they were not able to score. Ohio State's slow start to the third period continued for a couple more minutes and St. Cloud capitalized with a couple of goals to take a 3-1 lead, which turned out to be the difference in tonight's game. Christa Moody got the game-winner for the Huskies and Kayla Friesen added an insurance goal. Ohio State outshot St. Cloud 34-26 with Husky backstop Janine Alder stopping 33 of those shots. Kassidy Sauve stopped 23 of the 26 shots she faced. The two teams face off in the finale tomorrow at 3:07 pm EST.

Comment

Gloomy last night. Forecast for today is more favorable. For the full Weather Report, see the WCHA thread.

Comment

The Buckeyes spotted St. Cloud a 2-goal lead but "stormed" back in the third period to knot the game up, then got the extra point in a shootout. St. Cloud scored a goal each in the first two periods to take a 2-0 lead. Those goals were scored by Julia Tylke and Emma Turbyville. In the third period, the Buckeye goals were scored by Rebecca Freiburger and Jessica Dunne. Neither team scored in overtime, so the game went to a shootout where Ohio State's Dani Sadek scored the only goal and goaltender Kassidy Sauve stonewalled all three Husky shooters. Ohio State outshot St. Cloud 38-31 with Sauve stopping 29 of those 31 shots. Husky backstop Janine Alder stopped 36 of the 38 shots she faced. Next week Ohio State hosts the Mavericks of Minnesota State. St. Cloud will host Bemidji State.
                        Last edited by osualum86; 02-05-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Well, given the tie, I'd have to say it was partly cloudy, rather than a true storm. But something big happened in 3rd Period on Saturday. See the WCHA Thread.

Comment

Gonna be heading down to the OSU Ice Rink here in a little bit. Ohio State welcomes the Mavericks of Minnesota State this weekend in the last home games for seniors Breanne Grant and Katie Matheny. These two should really be admired and honored accordingly this weekend by fans and their teammates for their work ethic, perseverance, and resiliency in the face of playing for three different coaches in their four years here at Ohio State! They will be sorely missed and this poster wishes both of them the absolute best in all their endeavors. The numbers indicate this will be a highly competitive series as the two teams split earlier this season in Mankato by identical scores of 2-1. The Buckeyes took Friday's contest with the Mavericks coming back to win Saturday's game. The Buckeyes currently set in 6th place in the WCHA standings with 21 points, two behind 5th-place St. Cloud and two ahead of 7th-place Bemidji. Those two teams actually play each other this weekend in St. Cloud. Minnesota State has had more success this season than in the recent past, but sets in 8th place with 11 points. Should be an interesting series. For those coming in from out of town, the weather should not be a problem ... high of 38 today and a high of 57 tomorrow (typical Ohio weather). The chance of precipitation is 0% today, 10% tomorrow. I am taking off. See everyone at the game later!!

Comment

Ugh. Wish we had somebody who could score consistently. I thought we'd win tonight for sure.
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                                Ugh. Wish we had somebody who could score consistently. I thought we'd win tonight for sure.
                                Yeah, I love our team, but we have to figure out the goal scoring. We cannot expect Kassidy Sauve to pitch a shutout every game. She has been spectacular this season, but that's a little much to ask. We have plenty of talented girls who can put the puck in the net. They just need to do it. As for the numbers tonight, the Buckeyes outshot the Mavericks 41-25 with Kassidy Sauve stopping 24 of those shots and Minnesota State's Brianna Quade earning 40 saves. Demi Gardner scored MSU's goal and the Buckeyes' goal was scored by Maddy Field. Neither team scored in OT, so the game went to a shootout where the Mavericks prevailed to get the extra point. I'll have to pull up the box score for this one as the shootout went ten rounds, which was a record for Ohio State. Minnesota State's shootout goals were scored by Anna Keys, Steph Keryluk, Hannah Davidson, and Amanda Conway (game-winner). The Buckeye shootout goals were scored by Julianna Iafallo, Lauren Spring, and Lauren Boyle. The teams are back at it tomorrow with the Buckeyes honoring seniors Breanne Grant and Katie Matheny. The ceremony is reportedly (according to tonight's recap on ohiostatebuckeyes.com) being held before the game tomorrow, which starts at 1:07 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X