Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

It doesn't get any easier this weekend, Maine beat Q-Pac in OT then lost to them in OT. They are Cornellesque with fifteen guys 6-2 or over. It's Point time I think.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Can't wait to see your new barn. Hoping for good weather, only thing that would make the trip better is a weekend of snowmobiling to fill in between games and maybe 2 wins.
      GO MAINE

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        It doesn't get any easier this weekend, Maine beat Q-Pac in OT then lost to them in OT. They are Cornellesque with fifteen guys 6-2 or over. It's Point time I think.
        Agreed 100%. I would be stunned/****ed if anybody but him starts Friday. The others have had their chances, I hope he is no longer sick, we need to get in the win column asap before this becomes a real long winter. We have been generating some offense so let's keep that up with some solid goaltending and we can win.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          My prediction is that we'll see a split this weekend, which probably suits both teams. I think Maine has more talent but they had to travel to Miami last weekend and then have the seven hour drive out there this weekend.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Congratulations to Jared Cockrell being named the Rookie of the Week from the ECAC. It's just the beginning for him!!! Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
              ...The others have had their chances, I hope he is no longer sick, we need to get in the win column asap before this becomes a real long winter.
              Isn't it a bit early to say the others have had their chances? I know we have a disappointing record so far, but have Finn, Racine et al really had enough games to get warmed up? I know the season is fast slipping away, but Finn was our "savior" goalie just a year or two ago. That being said, I agree it's time to bring on Point. Maybe split the duties this weekend? to see how he does against a really good team. Give him some game experience, but not the 2 game set? Just MHO.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I'd play Point Friday & see how he does... Saturday start dependent on Friday result. Hope to see him both nights!

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
                  Only one day left to get your picks in.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    Isn't it a bit early to say the others have had their chances? I know we have a disappointing record so far, but have Finn, Racine et al really had enough games to get warmed up? I know the season is fast slipping away, but Finn was our "savior" goalie just a year or two ago. That being said, I agree it's time to bring on Point. Maybe split the duties this weekend? to see how he does against a really good team. Give him some game experience, but not the 2 game set? Just MHO.
                    I'm seeing the same Finn we saw last year. No doubt he came on strong the end of his first year and I didn't even mind his play his sophomore year although some did not like it. Last year was real bad though and I know he didn't have great D to work with but also did not play great.

To judge the others in just a few games is not fair I know but I just see Point as the future and the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Honestly he is an NHL draft pick and we don't get a lot of them so I don't understand why he shouldn't be working toward being our number 1 real soon.

Comment

Don't forget Finn was hurt all last year I believe, he had surjury last spring.

Comment

Vaughan said during his interview on the Maine broadcast that Point is sick and will be out a couple weeks.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Seemed like two pretty evenly matched teams tonight. Like kissing your sister. Good to see the frosh stepping up. We had our chances. Lotta work still to be done, but maybe we get the first "W" tomorrow. Finn looked on top of his game.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Sometimes a tie is ok and I'm ok with last night. Down 2-0 entering the third, one more and I was outta there. We tied it and had our chances to win outshooting Maine 16-3 in the third. Impressed with the work ethic of this team, I thought we were snakebitten for much of the game, after ringing one off the post in the second was wondering if we would ever score. A definite improvement over what I've seen so far this year, let's win one tonight, very possible.

Comment

agree with Shabby...one of the best third period efforts I've seen in quite a while, and the Frosh were involved in much of the effort...we also cut down our defensive zone give-a-ways in period #3, had some zip coming out of our zone, controlled play in the offensive zone...very easily could've won, but after being down 2-0 after two, a tie is not all bad...again, frosh looking better and better...keepin' hope alive...

Comment

Like what I'm reading about the work ethic. Trying to find some box scores. Who got on the scoresheet?

Comment

Working...
                                X