Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Cockrell is suspended for tonights game for a hit in OT where the guy was injured. No penalty was called. It didnt seem bad live but havent seen a replay...anyone's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by red133883 View Post
    Cockrell is suspended for tonights game for a hit in OT where the guy was injured. No penalty was called. It didnt seem bad live but havent seen a replay...anyone's thoughts?
    He should be banned for awhile. It was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. He clearly elbows him right in the head. The hit was on Maine's best dman who probably got a concussion out of it.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    He should be banned for awhile. It was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. He clearly elbows him right in the head. The hit was on Maine's best dman who probably got a concussion out of it.
    Yep, pretty nasty elbow up high to the head. Concussion when head hit the glass is my guess. Hate seeing those

Nice win Raiders !!!!
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

If that was one of the dirtiest hits you have ever seen you haven't watched much hockey. Initial point of impact was the shoulder and raising the hands to contact the head, and then the glass did the most damage. He played tonight pretty well, so I'd be surprised if it was a concussion. I was glad to see him play tonight as he looked bad coming off the ice.

As far as tonight's game it was mirror opposite of last nights. Colgate came to play in the first and then Maine came firing back.

Things I like:

1) The new, optimistic GreenCoat
    2) The fact that 4 of the top 5 scorers are underclassmen
    3) Most of all, the first win in the new barn.

It certainly looks like it's going to be a rebuilding year but maybe in a positive way. There might be some good potential in this freshman class (and how about Dauda averaging more than a point a game!) And lastly, it was great to see not only the youngsters produce tonight but some of the seniors as well.

Hopefully, they can continue to build from here . . .

Nice to see a win against Maine. Go 'gate!

Let's Go 'Gate!

3 point weekend

Love seeing freshmen contributing like this, makes you feel good for the future. They showed some fight coming back from 0-2 on Friday, then not panicking when they lost the 3-1 lead on Saturday. All good things. Anyone would have guessed 1-1-3 to start in the new rink?

Tough tests to start the season. Harvard looks solid, and Dartmouth just beat Michigan. Getting even a split would be a big result early in the year
    ECAC Champions: 1990
    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
    Let's Go 'Gate!

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Ya' had to have a good feeling when we scored that first goal..
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Nick, Trevor, Tyler, Henry, Paul, Josh, Nick and Evan"

good effort on Saturday save a 10-minute period in third where, again, lack of discipline in defensive zone was poor...very glad to see a win, in part because they deserved a "W" and, as a young team, get that first win is important...I like our freshmen, especially on a long-term basis, McMann...keep the defensive mistakes to a minimum and perhaps we'll get a split this weekend...to be honest, I still think this is a rebuilding year, with more talent to come, but turnarounds in hockey can be pretty fast...anything near .500 this year would be a success...and, yes, my medications haven't changed...I'm an Indian fan and Browns fan so...let's say...objectivity is a blessing and a curse...go GATE

Here every day

Alum and supporter Mike Martin passed away Saturday at his home. Condolencses.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Here every day

We aren't even mentioned by Fournier the ECAC blog guy today. We took three points from a decent Hockey East team over the weekend ! What's with that ??

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    We aren't even mentioned by Fournier the ECAC blog guy today. We took three points from a decent Hockey East team over the weekend ! What's with that ??
    Duly noted. I just left a message below the blog asking why.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Nick, Trevor, Tyler, Henry, Paul, Josh, Nick and Evan"

Go 'Gate!

Also wondering if there was an article I missed - and if not, why - about our new arena? New rinks always get a nod on this site - that is, if you're UNO or NoDak or even Qpac, I guess. Hope any Maine fans who made the long trip enjoyed themselves and the new facility.
    C O L G A T E
    1990 NCAA FINALS

Enjoy the weekend at your new facility. The staff made us feel welcome and there is not a bad seat in the house , But didn't set, I enjoyed the standing area around the rink. Your new arena should help with recruiting , very nice facility.
    GO MAINE

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Enjoy the weekend at your new facility. The staff made us feel welcome and there is not a bad seat in the house , But didn't set, I enjoyed the standing area around the rink. Your new arena should help with recruiting , very nice facility.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the new rink and had a good weekend in Hamilton. Hopefully we can schedule another series with your Bears. It was an exciting two games between two pretty evenly matched teams.

Let's Go 'Gate!

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    I don't know about that. Maine was picked 12th by the HE coaches and 11th/12th in the USCHO preview. They may end up decent, but no one's going to be impressed. Yet...
    ECAC Champions: 1990
    NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
    ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
    NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
    Let's Go 'Gate!

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
    I don't know about that. Maine was picked 12th by the HE coaches and 11th/12th in the USCHO preview. They may end up decent, but no one's going to be impressed. Yet...
    ...you got more "points" on them than Quinnipiac did. That's saying quite a gosh darn bit. Colgate may end up being this year's surprise, sort of like SLU a couple years ago.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    ...you got more "points" on them than Quinnipiac did. That's saying quite a gosh darn bit. Colgate may end up being this year's surprise, sort of like SLU a couple years ago.
    Yea it looks like as of now Maine will be a good home team and struggle on the road. 3-1 at home and 0-2-2 on the road. From the other Maine threads the posters seem to think they will be a solid home team who improved a lot from last year and will be competitive this year even if they lose. Their next 6 games will show how competitive they will be in HE as they have BC, UML, and Vermont. I think they will be a 7-10 team in HE. Honestly a win and tie over ANY HE team is good and is good for the ECAC. Glad to see we had a good weekend.

I'm not buying Harvard and Dartmouth just yet. ASU not a great team still and I don't think Michigan will be that good this year as they lost A TON last year. A win this weekend would be huge on the road but we"ll see.

Here every day

Quote Originally Posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
    They beat Q-Pac and lost to them in OT, they also swept RPI, not too shabby. Do your homework !

Thread Information