Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

A few things, empty, According to the announcers on the video feed from last night point is sick, won't play this weekend. Secondly, penalties have been called all over the country and fans are getting sick of it. Check USCHO home site for an article on it.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
      A few things, empty, According to the announcers on the video feed from last night point is sick, won't play this weekend. Secondly, penalties have been called all over the country and fans are getting sick of it. Check USCHO home site for an article on it.
      I did see that article but we are still 43/54 in penalties per game. Hope Point recovers, almost just lost it for good when I saw Racine starting tonight. Hope he plays well and gets the W for Gate we need it.

Comment

DV did not appear overly pleased with the effort last night...and at this point effort may be a necessary but not sufficient condition to get some wins...ECAC looks relatively strong this year (so far) and league play is coming soon...one wonders at this point is home attendance will be an issue this year as well...God I hope not, but after several very successful years at the DIII level (i.e.,championships) Middlebury constructed a new facility, dropped down in DIII play and now has problems drawing flies at their home ice...my guess is we'll know whether our $38 million commitment is successful within 2+ years...

Comment

I don't think Midd dropped down in play so much as others finally caught up, especially Plattsburgh (Go Cardinals!). Head Coach Bill Beaney also retired after 28 years with a record of 516-184-51 (.721) and 8 National Championships! Their arena was one of the nicest when it was built but Beaney left tough shoes to fill.
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Pretty sure Gate should play Brooks even more🙂

Comment

Friday against Maine is a must win

Comment

I have been in the Mediterranean Sea on a 2 week cruise visiting and eating my way around Italy, Spain, Portugal, France and Gibraltar(UK). I come back and with less than one week to go before RPI and Union kick off the ECAC campaign and I find only 22 contestants. Come on people. You have until Friday at 7PM to get your picks in or amend your previous picks. If doing an amendment just give me a new post with your revised picks and state that they are revised.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
                Last edited by vicb; 10-23-2016, 04:09 AM.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Tough to be down a man for 14 minutes of a 60-minute game. No problem seeing Racine in net IMO, just testing the waters before league play begins.

This season, Goals For = 12, Goals Against = 21. In the two games we tied, Colgate scored first. Coming out strong, setting the pace, and scoring first may be key this season. Hope Point won't second-guess his choice to come to Colgate if he doesn't start. My guess is he would not be on the bench anywhere else.
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Think about going to games this weekend. Is there a visitor section, and are there any good places to stay in the area?
                    GO MAINE

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Originally posted by Don C View Post
                      Think about going to games this weekend. Is there a visitor section, and are there any good places to stay in the area?
                      Should be able to buy a ticket at the window. No visitor section per se. There is also standing room, which may be the best seat in the house. "Good" places are few and far between. Suggest the Colgate Inn but it's probably booked with Family Weekend people. There is the Wendt Inn (motel) just north of town, but it's bare bones and may be booked. Try TripAdvisor and Expedia for places to stay in the area - there should be a few but you may have to drive a bit.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

It has seemed like the visitors have been sitting in section 7-8. I don't know if that is official or just what fans have been doing

Comment

Only got to listen to parts of this weekend's games. Like the fight in coming back several times, that will serve the team well going forward. Don't love continuing to fall behind, but Green Coat is right that we'll need patience in a growing year.

I'm not opposed to rotating goalies right now. Point had a nice debut, but Finn gave us 2 good seasons before last year. Hamilton and Racine in there too, sure. I recall DV being willing to let the goalies fight it out and hope one of them grabs the spot. Let one of them beat the others.

2 games coming against Maine. Surely we'll take at least 1 to get the first W in the new rink, right?
                          ECAC Champions: 1990
                          NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                          ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                          NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                          Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

I said "patience" and I will try my best...let's face it folks, our recruiting post Class of 2016 has been quite disappointing. They seem like really good kids (DV always brings in quality young men), but with one or two exceptions they are not impact D-I hockey players. My hope is that with the new facility we can elevate the level of talent entering The Gate EVERY year, not every 3 of 4 years.

Comment

Ouch !!!
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X