Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

I'm good Steve... hope all is well with you?

Probably going to be a early spring for us unless we got hot and make a run through the playoffs.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Does anyone know how to get this game? Having an awful time with the stream from Clarkson. The telecast looks good but it keeps breaking up, buffering, etc. Anybody know how to bring this in? Is it being televised anywhere. HELP!!!
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
        Anybody know how to bring this in? Is it being televised anywhere. HELP!!!
        The game wasn't on a live TV channel in New York state last night. SNY is airing it on tape delay this afternoon, but maybe it was a good thing you had trouble watching last night, because it was as frustrating as it could possibly get for us. The game was closer than the final score indicated, but once again, we had absolutely no offense. We could not get any rhythm going in the attacking zone, and while we played good defense, a turnover early in the 2nd period - our only real mistake of the night - lead to Clarkson's 1st goal. At the time it didn't hurt, but I didn't expect it to hold up as the game-winner. Even worse, we put up a goose egg for the 2nd time in the last 4 games. We've only scored 15 goals in our last 10 games, and 7 of those goals came over 2 games. I've never seen such offensive futility from us in the 12 seasons I've been following Colgate hockey!

And to add insult to injury, all 3 of Clarkson's goals were from the same player, giving him a natural hat trick. Okay, his 3rd goal was an empty-netter, but had we shut him down, we could have been looking at a different result. Princeton and Yale both lost last night, so 8th place is still in reach. However, with 3 games to go and a game tonight in a building where we've historically had trouble, things are looking grim
        Colgate '09

Comment

Tonight is a must win.

Comment

1-0 with a goal scored with 2:28 left, and an open netter. what a shame.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rainman;6446222]The game wasn't on a live TV channel in New York state last night. SNY is airing it on tape delay this afternoon, but maybe it was a good thing you had trouble watching last night, because it was as frustrating as it could possibly get for us.)

Went with Gate Radio for most of the game then was able to see the 3rd as the video improved. Frustrating game. We weren't able to get in their corners and cycle the puck and create chances. Don't think we had many grade-A shots; mostly to the sides. That hit on Kulevich should definitely have been a major. Big chance he could have broken his neck on a hit like that. ECAC should take a look at the tape IMO.

Why can't Clarkson beam their games like we do or RPI does?....and they have students doing the job.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Watched the game tonight (and loved the SLU announcers, had not listened to them before... homers, but fun homers) and was at the rink when we played the Larries in Hamilton. We still can't score, but our ability to play physically and compete on an equal basis has grown dramatically as the season has progressed. SLU kicked us around earlier in the year, tonight was much more even... hopefully a good sign going forward!

Comment

Surprised and pleased when I saw the score this am. That point may loom large. Looks like Point was great.

Comment

Would have been nice to hold the lead, but a road point against a solid opponent was well earned.

Home ice definitely still in play.

Comment

Whatever happened to Austin Smith? Was he the leading scorer in the NCAA back in 2002?
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

That was an interesting question, one to which I just had to find an answer.

He currently plays for HC Innsbruck in the Austrian League.

Man, I miss the points he used to put up; he averaged more than a point his game over the course of his collegiate career. His senior year he had 57 points which is more than three times what our leading scorer has this year.

Comment

2007-08 Penticton Vees BCHL 60 32 35 67 42 |
                          2008-09 Colgate Univ. NCAA 37 17 14 31 24 -5 |
                          2009-10 Colgate Univ. NCAA 36 16 25 41 20 8 |
                          2010-11 Colgate Univ. NCAA 41 10 21 31 36 -9 |
                          2011-12 Colgate Univ. NCAA 39 36 21 57 30 25 |
                          Texas Stars AHL 12 0 3 3 8 -6 |
                          2012-13 Texas Stars AHL 16 2 1 3 6 1 |
                          Idaho Steelheads ECHL 38 27 23 50 15 24 | Playoffs 17 7 5 12 0 12
                          2013-14 Texas Stars AHL 10 0 0 0 4 -1 |
                          Idaho Steelheads ECHL 4 1 0 1 18 0 |
                          Ässät Loan Liiga 28 6 7 13 20 -5 |
                          2014-15 Ässät Liiga 10 2 1 3 8 6 |
                          Allen Americans ECHL 7 3 6 9 6 7 |
                          Ravensburg Towerstars DEL2 29 22 19 41 26 | Playoffs 4 1 2 3 8
                          2015-16 Ravensburg Towerstars DEL2 40 37 18 55 40 15 | Playoffs 11 7 4 11 14 0
                          2016-17 HC Innsbruck EBEL 50 26 27 53 36 8
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

So I was trying to figure out what allows us to have a home series, this is what I have for now....if there are any other situations post them

1st) get as many points as Princeton AND
                            - Get 2 more points than Dartmouth
                            - Get 3 more points than Yale
                            - End up in a three way tie with Yale and Dartmouth (we win with most points between teams)
                            - End up in a four way tie with Yale, Dartmouth and Princeton. ( we win with most points between teams)

*We do not have the tie breaker against Dartmouth based on the 3rd tiebreaker (points against the top 4, assuming top four is Union, Harvard, Cornell and St. Lawrence), and there is no way for us to be tied with Dartmouth and have the 2nd tiebreaker (league wins). So we have to be ahead of them at the end of Saturday. Yale we just have to tie with as we have the head to head win.

If anyone sees another way or if I messed up a tie breaker, let the discussion begin

Comment

I forget what the second tiebreaker is, we were 1-1 against Dartmouth, they scored one more goal, is that it ? I thought it was record against top four ?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                I forget what the second tiebreaker is, we were 1-1 against Dartmouth, they scored one more goal, is that it ? I thought it was record against top four ?
                                Record between teams, then most wins, THEN top four.

http://ecachockey.com/men/2016-17/standings (bottom of page)

Comment

Working...
                                X