Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    PLEASE beat Brown...
    The only positive thing I got from driving 98.7 miles round trip last night is that we didn't lose to Brown......oh, and two slices of good pizza at Oliverys...
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

You missed a great game last night. Today's Albany Times Union in reporting Friday's ECAC scores has Colgate beating Brown 7-3

Comment

Fun fact: this was our first time playing a home game against Brown since November 21, 2014. On that date, we played an ugly game against the Bears, being down 3-1 at one point, losing Darcy Murphy to a 5-minute major and game DQ (which would eventually lead to him being suspended in our game at BU), but ultimately winning 4-3 in OT.

Tonight: we never trailed, but it was deadlocked after two. We scored first and it looked like the game was going to go our way, only for Brown to tie it up about 30 seconds later. Then we lose a player to a 5-minute major and game misconduct, giving all the momentum to the Bears. But we get a lucky-bounce goal with about 45 seconds left and it holds up as the game-winner.

Sadly, we're still struggling to score goals, but winning breeds confidence. On a VERY positive note, we have our goalie for the next 3 seasons in Colton Point. Tonight was his first career home win, and first career league win.
        Colgate '09

Comment

Nice win for the team. Happy for Colton on his first home and first league win.......the first of MANY! Was Citron's penalty a Game DQ or Game Misconduct?
          I ran into three of my favorite alumni players at the game......David Cann '04, Paul Kelley '04 and Jon Smyth '06. SO great to see them. They were VERY impressed with the facility.
          Go 'Gate!!

Comment

It was a misconduct

Comment

Lucky goal & a win... I'll take it! Point made some big saves. Harrison running the Brown goalie was really dumb, and Citron's major was worse. We were debating in the stands whether he's eligible for tomorrow or not, with the general consensus being they should bench him even if he's allowed to go.

Who starts in goal tomorrow? Betting is on Finn, though if Belichick was behind the bench it would be Point.

Comment

Shoulder surjury preventing me from seeing the games. Snowing like crazy here today, will stream it on campus insiders. How lucky was the goal Gate83 ?
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  Shoulder surjury preventing me from seeing the games. Snowing like crazy here today, will stream it on campus insiders. How lucky was the goal Gate83 ?
                  Pretty lucky. Scrum in front of the net & the puck popped out to where one of our guys got a little wood on it, sort of dribbled into the corner of the goal. Refs reviewed as there was some question (at least from our perspective in section 12) whether Harrison was again interfering with the goalie while the puck went in. Fortunately no call & we'll take the W...

Given the forecast I got out of Hammy first thing this AM & will also be streaming this afternoon. Hope the shoulder feels better & I see you for the regular season finale in a couple of weeks!

Comment

Really good effort this afternoon.

Particularly Kulevich and McMann who both chipped in three points.

Comment

yes...got stronger as the game went on, probably because DV will able to legitimately roll four lines all game...McMann very strong and Kulevich good as always...last night not so much, but they continue to hustle and they really crashed the net today...just keep improving every game...

Comment

Great win this afternoon, and a 4-point weekend to boot! First time since Keith Allain became head coach at Yale that we sweep the regular season series against them.

Don't look now, but we hold tiebreakers against both Yale and Princeton now. 8th place doesn't look out of reach anymore
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Being such a tough growing year for fourteen frosh and sophs I decided not to post anything negative here. The kids are maturing and starting to turn things around, they badly needed something to feel good about, I'm sure.

Last eight games 4-4
                          Last 10 Games 4-5-1
                          Scoring first 5-2-4
                          Leading after one 3-0-4
                          Leading after two 3-0-4
                          Opp scores first 3-15-4
                          Home 6-5-3 Very surprised we have a winning home record

Score first,key.

Clarkson game starts at 8:30 Must be for American Sports Network ? Streamed by Clarkson very good if I remember. Think SLU charges

Comment

Think SLU charges
                            SLU is a free stream Steve. Only Union and the Ivy's charge.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Clarkson game starts at 8:30 Must be for American Sports Network ? Streamed by Clarkson very good if I remember. Think SLU charges
                              Not sure about a TV channel for New York State, but the Clarkson game is an ASN-produced broadcast. Here in New England, the game is on NESN plus. There should also be a free live stream, I know that's been the case for Colgate home games picked up by ASN.

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Mark is correct. Free streams for both of our games this weekend. Playoffs probably won't be free again though (league decision)
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Thanks Mark and how are you ? When I hit the watch button on our schedule for SLU it said eight dollars on the bottom, I'll check again.

Comment

Working...
                                X