Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
    Really good effort tonight. McMann looks dangerous every shift. A little careless with the puck on occasion but very dangerous.
    Agree. McMann is my man. I predict great things for him if he stays around four years. Very talented.

Congrats to Finn on another outstanding effort and setting the record. After that Dartmouth goal off the faceoff in the third I started to get sweaty palms, but the guys came through. Now we have to gear up for another top 20 team in Haavad tonight.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I was in the suite right behind Finn when he made that save in the 3rd, unbelievable. Looked like the Dartmouth shooter had the whole net, nope! He couldn't believe it either, hands to the head in disbelief...

That said, first game all year where I thought we should have won by more than a goal. We were the better team most of the night, why do they need to make us sweat?

Comment

Is there a Colgate video feed for tonight's hockey tilt vs Harvard?

Comment

Yes there is, go to gocolgateraiders.com, find the hockey schedule, then it says watch or listen. Campus Insiders is streaming it. It says 8:00 EST but the game is at 7:00, either a mistake or it's delayed one hour, not sure which. Radio internet broadcast is there also. Hope this helped.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Yes there is, go to gocolgateraiders.com, find the hockey schedule, then it says watch or listen. Campus Insiders is streaming it. It says 8:00 EST but the game is at 7:00, either a mistake or it's delayed one hour, not sure which. Radio internet broadcast is there also. Hope this helped.
            Thank you!

Comment

I forgot to mention in the third period after a scrum in front of Finn, a Dartmouth player had his glove off and threw a punch grazing a Gate players chin. It was a total roundhouse punch in front of everyone fifteen seconds after the whistle. He didn't even get a minor penalty, Dan Fridgen the announcer said a punch thrown constitutes a fighting major in ECAC hockey or NCAA hockey, he couldn't believe a penalty wasn't called. I think they even showed a replay of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                I forgot to mention in the third period after a scrum in front of Finn, a Dartmouth player had his glove off and threw a punch grazing a Gate players chin. It was a total roundhouse punch in front of everyone fifteen seconds after the whistle. He didn't even get a minor penalty, Dan Fridgen the announcer said a punch thrown constitutes a fighting major in ECAC hockey or NCAA hockey, he couldn't believe a penalty wasn't called. I think they even showed a replay of it.
                Did he actually throw it off, or did it seem to come off inadvertently? I've seen a non-glove punch not called as fighting a few times, although one was a face wash that resulted in a game misconduct...

Comment

Caught both games this weekend in the new (impressive) rink. Quick summary is we were evenly matched against Dartmouth, overmatched against Harvard. The Crimson looked good in every facet: puck control, passing, D, etc. We still looked outmatched during Harvard's five-minute major at the end of the second/start of the third. Give Colgate credit for never giving up, though. Scored one late to make it respectable.

Comment

We had a bad 1st period last night that ultimately did us in against Harvard. But they're a very good team, and if there's anything positive that can be taken from last night's game, it's that the team never quit, and Colton Point played a good 40 minutes stopping every shot he faced. This should bode well for us next season.

Meanwhile, we fell back into 9th place with Dartmouth beating Cornell, and RPI, our next opponent, pulled off a road win in Potsdam. They won't be easy. We've played some tough competition the entire season, and will need to bring our "A" game every remaining contest if we want to finish at least 8th (which is very realistic).
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Did he actually throw it off, or did it seem to come off inadvertently? I've seen a non-glove punch not called as fighting a few times, although one was a face wash that resulted in a game misconduct...
                      With all due respect sshablak, the Dartmouth player's glove NEVER came off during the so called punch. So let's reset the situation, the Dartmouth tries a wrapped around which Finn saved so the same Dartmouth player tries a pitchfork; that is when he got jumped by two Colgate players (rightfully so). The one Colgate that he punched had him by the horse-collar pulling him off and that is when the Dartmouth got up blindly and attempted to throw a punch. The score was 2-1 late in the game. Given all this, the possible call could have been Dartmouth double-minor and Colgate minor or just a minor for Dartmouth.

Comment

Caught this weekend's games, and the 3rd period of Clarkson last week. This is an improved team from earlier in the year, and has some real good fight. Getting the first playoff series at Class of '65 is very doable, especially if they keep playing this way. Capital District plus Cornell over the next weekend will be tough, but getting Brown/Yale at home the following weekend will be a more crucial time to pick up points.
                        ECAC Champions: 1990
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

These next 3 games are VERY critical for us! We will "make up" the games in hand that we have on Clarkson and Dartmouth, and have the potential to pass both of them in the standings. With 3 road games in 5 days, this will be a tall order.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Colgate is featured in 3 of the 5 NCAA plays of the week, with Charlie at the #1 spot. Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                              Colgate is featured in 3 of the 5 NCAA plays of the week, with Charlie at the #1 spot. Go 'Gate!!!
                              Dumb question #2,789: where did you find this CU13?
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Gocolgateraiders.com Tell me you never have been there ?

Comment

Working...
                                X