X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Wonder if it's being streamed ?
    Ivy League Digital Network. $9.95 for a day pass, but if you buy the $15.95 monthly pass, it'll also buy you tomorrow's game, and our game at Princeton on Jan. 14.

It'll be a tough matchup this afternoon, but hopefully it's the start of a successful 2nd half.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Another heartbreaker.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I thought they played well in the first and 3rd, 2nd not so much

Comment

the bottom line is that we lost (again)...4-10-4 and combined with the men's b-ball team the winter men's sports teams are a combined 6-21-4 (5-21-4 if you omit the b-ball team's win over DIII Union)...

Comment

Yes, we lost, but I'd rather look at the positives. Our last four or five losses are by one goal, no blowouts, this was the #7 team in the country, shots were even 28-28. After being down 3-0 we kept coming and fell just short, we didn't cave. Looks to me that this young team is coming and getting very close to figuring it out. Just have to play three periods, not just one or two.

Comment

On the bright side: Tyler Penner went 9-3 on faceoffs, pretty good. He may be a good 1-2 punch with Adam Dauda.
              Last edited by ColSkate65; 12-31-2016, 11:30 AM.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Yesterday, we lost 3-2 to a good UMass Lowell team. I thought, okay, we can at least play with the good teams. But today, we put 49 shots on net and lose 4-1? To Army? What the hell!

Good Riddance 2016. You were not kind to Colgate hockey.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Yesterday, we lost 3-2 to a good UMass Lowell team. I thought, okay, we can at least play with the good teams. But today, we put 49 shots on net and lose 4-1? To Army? What the hell!

Good Riddance 2016. You were not kind to Colgate hockey.
                  I know Army has improved as the season has worn on, but we have also. Losing 4-1 was a shock to my system. I thought for sure we could handle them at this point and take 3rd place. Yes, good riddance to 2016!
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

the compete level is there (it's almost always there with DV-coached teams)...what is necessary is an improvement in speed and skill over the next year or two...after many years of relatively low-scoring games, goal scored in College hockey are on the rise...we are simply not equipped at this point to consistently score 3 goals/game...

Comment

A bit of good news.........Bobby McMann was chosen as the ECAC Rookie of the Week for his play in the Ledyard Classic. I hope the team will take this time (off this weekend) without academic pressures and games to bear down and practice hard. Go 'Gate.

Comment

Tough to write anything when you don't see your team play for two months every year from Nov to Jan. Something should be done about this scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Tough to write anything when you don't see your team play for two months every year from Nov to Jan. Something should be done about this scheduling.
                          The league block schedule for next season was recently posted to eLynah. Next season we play TWO league home games the first weekend of January, while students are still on winter break!

Anyways, the stretch run begins this weekend. Nothing but league games from here on out. Time to lay it all on the line.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Now schedule something in early December and we will only wait one month.

Comment

Quinnipiac game is being streamed by QU and on SNY channel 45 here in central NY Friday at 7.

Comment

Looking like another tough season for the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X