Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

A great tie for us, Finn saves our bacon big time !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Charlie was/is amazing!! Fantastic game for him!!!! Happy for the team. It seems our confidence is growing. Fun game to watch. Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

42-15 in shots for the Cantabs.....how did we almost win this game? Finn was unbelieveable. Our D played much better IMO. Maybe a 3-pt weekend?
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Finn was great, stole us our first point of the season

Comment

• Wow what a game for my boy Finn, he must be motivated by my criticism, good for him. That is an outstanding performance and he stole a point for sure on the road as noted.

That being said penalties are still a major problem for this team, our goalie is not going to bail us out every night. Also from those who watched did we get outplayed that bad or were the SOG some what deceiving because of the penalties?

Comment

I was at the game last night. We were crooks for 52 minutes and 51 seconds, getting badly outshot (shots were 18-2 Harvard after the 1st period, despite us leading 1-0) but poised to make the ultimate robbery! Then Harvard scored and I had this sinking feeling. But give credit to the Raiders for not succubing to the pressure. We did steal 1 point from the Crimson tonight, and Charlie Finn was certainly up to the task at hand. I sure hope he can continue to play like this for the remainder of the season - it would be HUGE!

Side note - Harvard's goal horn/song is the same as the Boston Bruins? Weak. I'm sure Ted & Ryan Donato have something to do with that.
              Colgate '09

Comment

You can only ask your goaltender to do so much. Another brilliant game by Finn, but we've got to get some offense going or there are going to be a lot of 1-0, 0-0, or 1-1 games this season. PK doing great but the PP not so much. At least the frosh are getting some good experience, going on the road, learning how tough it is to play ECAC hockey. Hopefully this pays off with some points at Yale and Brown next weekend.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                  Wow what a game for my boy Finn, he must be motivated by my criticism, good for him. That is an outstanding performance and he stole a point for sure on the road as noted.

That being said penalties are still a major problem for this team, our goalie is not going to bail us out every night. Also from those who watched did we get outplayed that bad or were the SOG some what deceiving because of the penalties?
                  You got outplayed. Badly. I've never seen a game at Bright where Harvard so dominated the other team for a majority of the game. We had three open net chances that we whiffed on. Finn definitely stole this one for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                    I was at the game last night. We were crooks for 52 minutes and 51 seconds, getting badly outshot (shots were 18-2 Harvard after the 1st period, despite us leading 1-0) but poised to make the ultimate robbery! Then Harvard scored and I had this sinking feeling. But give credit to the Raiders for not succubing to the pressure. We did steal 1 point from the Crimson tonight, and Charlie Finn was certainly up to the task at hand. I sure hope he can continue to play like this for the remainder of the season - it would be HUGE!

Side note - Harvard's goal horn/song is the same as the Boston Bruins? Weak. I'm sure Ted & Ryan Donato have something to do with that.
                    It has to do with the fact that the band almost never shows up to our games anymore. Basketball is the on campus sport of choice and they get first dibs I guess on our musicians.

Comment

Great weekend for Charlie

Have to believe, at this point, he's the #1 going forward. Point will get his time, but how do you sit Finn right now?

Can we find enough goals to grab 3 or 4 points this coming weekend?
                      ECAC Champions: 1990
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Could be a season of near misses. Finn is backkkkkkkkkkkk ! We can't play %25 of the time a man down like this past weekend. It wears you down and takes away scoring time. It was 0-0 with two mins left. so close, all in the learning process I assume. Dartmouth beat Michigan.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Looking at box scores of other games, lots of teams racking up penalty minutes. We need better leadership from our captain. Freeman sounds like a loose cannon! We reward ourselves with a 5x3 by taking a penalty? Sad. On the bright side, Finn is standing tall and wide, great freshmen presence, love the uniforms...and Qpac has had its worst weekend in several years ;-)
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

I am encouraged by the overall play of the team this weekend. Obviously Charlie Finn is the super star and I also think there was some good play, especially by the frosh and sophomores in the Dartmouth game. It is early in the season, so I hope we can all be patient and lend support to our young team. Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

As you might well guess from my user name I am a Harvard fan but just wanted to say that your goalie Finn is a miracle worker. The box score says Harvard had 45 shots on goal but I am sure that there were some Harvard shots that did not make the shot counter. Despite that Finn held us to 1 goal. Amazing work! The kid must be a bit shell shocked after that but he stayed steady all game.

Have a good hockey season Colgate!!

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                                Looking at box scores of other games, lots of teams racking up penalty minutes. We need better leadership from our captain. Freeman sounds like a loose cannon! We reward ourselves with a 5x3 by taking a penalty? Sad. On the bright side, Finn is standing tall and wide, great freshmen presence, love the uniforms...and Qpac has had its worst weekend in several years ;-)
                                Get used to this, it's now a commonality across the NCAA. There is zero tolerance for the obstruction and stick penalties (at least in most games). I'm a little surprised, with the amount of time played in October, the team didn't adjust to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X