Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Originally posted by Don C View Post
    Enjoy the weekend at your new facility. The staff made us feel welcome and there is not a bad seat in the house , But didn't set, I enjoyed the standing area around the rink. Your new arena should help with recruiting , very nice facility.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the new rink and had a good weekend in Hamilton. Hopefully we can schedule another series with your Bears. It was an exciting two games between two pretty evenly matched teams.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      We aren't even mentioned by Fournier the ECAC blog guy today. We took three points from a decent Hockey East team over the weekend ! What's with that ??
      I don't know about that. Maine was picked 12th by the HE coaches and 11th/12th in the USCHO preview. They may end up decent, but no one's going to be impressed. Yet...
      ECAC Champions: 1990
      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
        I don't know about that. Maine was picked 12th by the HE coaches and 11th/12th in the USCHO preview. They may end up decent, but no one's going to be impressed. Yet...
        ...you got more "points" on them than Quinnipiac did. That's saying quite a gosh darn bit. Colgate may end up being this year's surprise, sort of like SLU a couple years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          ...you got more "points" on them than Quinnipiac did. That's saying quite a gosh darn bit. Colgate may end up being this year's surprise, sort of like SLU a couple years ago.
          Yea it looks like as of now Maine will be a good home team and struggle on the road. 3-1 at home and 0-2-2 on the road. From the other Maine threads the posters seem to think they will be a solid home team who improved a lot from last year and will be competitive this year even if they lose. Their next 6 games will show how competitive they will be in HE as they have BC, UML, and Vermont. I think they will be a 7-10 team in HE. Honestly a win and tie over ANY HE team is good and is good for the ECAC. Glad to see we had a good weekend.

I'm not buying Harvard and Dartmouth just yet. ASU not a great team still and I don't think Michigan will be that good this year as they lost A TON last year. A win this weekend would be huge on the road but we"ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
            They beat Q-Pac and lost to them in OT, they also swept RPI, not too shabby. Do your homework !
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
              Also wondering if there was an article I missed - and if not, why - about our new arena? New rinks always get a nod on this site - that is, if you're UNO or NoDak or even Qpac, I guess. Hope any Maine fans who made the long trip enjoyed themselves and the new facility.
              College Hockey News posted this a few weeks ago:
              http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._start_for.php

Glad to hear we finally got our first win of the season, and our first in the new rink! Looking at the team statistics, it's good to see Adam Dauda leading the way in goals and points. Remember, he missed the first half of last season due to medical issues. Bobby McMann is second in scoring right now. Like I said earlier in this thread, expect great things from him going forward. He's also wearing number 9, which is always a good omen. Furthermore, (a lucky) 13 different players have scored at least 1 goal in the first 7 games of the season. Finding the back of the net hasn't been a problem this season. However, we are a young team and the growing pains we've seen aren't surprising to me. It's not how you start, but how you finish.

Lack of depth last season torched us. That definitely isn't a problem this season. As far as the rest of this season goes, I expect it to be similar to 2012-13, hopefully without the "February collapse" that we saw that year.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Finn is the top play http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-..._fb_sf40642649

Comment

Assume Finn is getting the nod this season to start league play? Have to like our SOG vs. Maine, so important to keep the pressure on and stay in the offensive zone. A bit more disciplined with the penalties, which was essential...and 3/14 on the pp, not too bad?!

Colgate usually gets a nice contingent of fan support at Bright; hope they are the 6th man. Always hope for a split on the road. Despite having 1 win, only 3 losses in 7 games which sounds much better!

Go 'Gate
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Great save by Charlie. Point is still out, battling mono.

Comment

Congrats to Bobby McMann - ECAC rookie of the week!!! Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

Dauda is #5 in the country with three PP goals in six games. Powerplay has been anemic at best.

Comment

Quiet here today, big test at the Bright tonight.

Comment

Best of luck to the boys tonight!!! Should be a good game! Congrats to Darcy Murphy for scoring his first AHL goal with the Manitoba Moose!!! He was called up from Tulsa. Go 'Gate!!!!!

Comment

• Would love to see Colgate get a road win and 2 pts this weekend. Getting at least 1-2 pts each weekend will really help if they want to fight for a top 8 spot this year. Also I don't want to see a young team lose their first 3-4 games in league play and start panicking. Will be a tough road test but they have some momentum and have played on the road already against MC. Go Gate

Comment

Congrats to Tyson Spink on being named ECHL Rookie of the Month with Toledo..
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X