Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

The sight lines are way better. There are seven rows around most of the rink, they are steeper than Starr so they're higher but closer to the glass, you're right on top of the play. Plus there's about two feet from your seat to the seat in front of you, lot's of room for your legs. Just lot's of room everywhere. You'll love it. The two endzones look thru netting, I personally can't watch thru that.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

A heads up, the seats are soldout for Saturday, but now there's SRO so for anybody going don't think you can't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        A heads up, the seats are soldout for Saturday, but now there's SRO so for anybody going don't think you can't get in.
        Glad to hear SRO is happening. Are said tickets also going to be available generally, or only in cases where seats are gone? Some of us prefer to stand, and I don't know how narrow the seats are (the ones at Compton where Notre Dame plays are REALLY narrow, SRO is preferred)...

Comment

As a BU fan who is travelling to Colgate and is looking forward to seeing a new rink, it is beautiful, but surprised on how small it is. What is the seating capacity and how does it compare to the previous rink? I know there isn't a huge population in the area, but was there any talk about it being too small?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            As a BU fan who is travelling to Colgate and is looking forward to seeing a new rink, it is beautiful, but surprised on how small it is. What is the seating capacity and how does it compare to the previous rink? I know there isn't a huge population in the area, but was there any talk about it being too small?
            I think Shabby knows the figures on that. Shabby, can you chime in?
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              I think Shabby knows the figures on that. Shabby, can you chime in?
              If I remember correctly it holds around 1500 or so, it seems really small but that is about what they are going to get a game. Tater glad you are coming and I hope you enjoy the campus but this is not Boston or even close to a big city, only 2 lights downtown. The big question is do you want to build a rink that holds 3 or 4 times the avg attendance so it "looks good" or build it for your fan base that you know you will get. Take a look at the attendance stats on this site and you will see what I am talking about. No need to build a 5000 seat arena when you are averaging 2100 etc... The town is very small and I know a lot of fans are driving from outside of Hamilton to see games myself included.

Best of luck to BU this year except for our game and if you are a beer guy stop at Good Nature for some good microbrews

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                If I remember correctly it holds around 1500 or so, it seems really small but that is about what they are going to get a game. Tater glad you are coming and I hope you enjoy the campus but this is not Boston or even close to a big city, only 2 lights downtown. The big question is do you want to build a rink that holds 3 or 4 times the avg attendance so it "looks good" or build it for your fan base that you know you will get. Take a look at the attendance stats on this site and you will see what I am talking about. No need to build a 5000 seat arena when you are averaging 2100 etc... The town is very small and I know a lot of fans are driving from outside of Hamilton to see games myself included.

Best of luck to BU this year except for our game and if you are a beer guy stop at Good Nature for some good microbrews
                Gotcha. And I wasn't expecting a 5k arena, thinking more 2.5-3k capacity. Sometimes a new arena can boost attendance. BU's (newer) arena draws more than their old arena on even almost its worst day, though sometimes there are significant areas of empty seats too. Again, much, much larger local population.

Anyways, from what I've seen, the new arena looks great and am looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post

I saw on the Colgate website that capacity was 2100. It looks beautiful. I'm an ASU alum and fan and hope we can get something like that. Keeping fingers crossed. Any of you making the trip to Tempe? You are playing in our Oceanside Arena and an arena it is not. Only holds like 750. But it will do for now. We also use the Coyotes rink for some games. Good luck and look forward to having you all out in Tempe!

Comment

Seating capacity of the new arena is 2,222 at a cost of $37.8 million.
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                      Seating capacity of the new arena is 2,222 at a cost of $37.8 million.
                      That's over 17k per seat!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

TD Bank Sports Center...built 2004, $52,000,000.....2016 dollars.....$59,300,000.....3386 seats......$17513.29 per seat!!
                        Go 'gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by blemberg View Post
                          TD Bank Sports Center...built 2004, $52,000,000.....2016 dollars.....$59,300,000.....3386 seats......$17513.29 per seat!!
                          Go 'gate!!
                          That's wrong. 52 million for the separate basketball and hockey arenas.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

TD Bank Sports Center vs. Class of 1965 Arena.....you pick!

Comment

The day has finally come ! Waited about twenty years, in about three years we'll be competing with Q-Pac Hiya Mark.

Comment

Time to hit the road for an unprecedented and memorable weekend in the making, win or lose. On the field, on the ice...thank you, AD & VP Chun...and Welcome to Colgate, President Casey!

Go 'Gate!
                                Beat Cornell FB
                                Beat Army MIH
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...