Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Did anyone else have trouble trying to listen to the MSU-UND game last night? Spartan Sports Network's link to the Hockey game, linked up to Women's BB instead. So I tried the UND site, only to find out you have to register in advance. No Game Tracker. And they wanted too much money for the video stream. Like the Hockey program, a sad state of affairs.
    iHeartRadio is your friend.

Edit: 96.1 The Fox in Grand Forks.
    Last edited by SJHovey; 11-26-2016, 09:58 AM.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      iHeartRadio is your friend.

Edit: 96.1 The Fox in Grand Forks.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        ND had a game tracker on their site.

But really the best option is to download the CHN app.
        Never found GT on the UND site. I'll look into the CHN app.

Comment

Now that was productive weekend. We win a few more faceoffs and who knows ... fresher legs could have meant an extra goal. But I'll certainly take a win and tie at NoDak. Time for a late snack at Darcy's.

Comment

If it goes into the books as a tie, why the 3-on-3 OT? Congrats by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              If it goes into the books as a tie, why the 3-on-3 OT? Congrats by the way.
              Just for fun, I guess. We''ve been tossing in a bonus shootout after non-con ties ever since the CCHA and later the B1G adopted it. Fans and players like it.

Anyways, that's probably the most surprising weekend we've had in years. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                Just for fun, I guess. We''ve been tossing in a bonus shootout after non-con ties ever since the CCHA and later the B1G adopted it. Fans and players like it.

Anyways, that's probably the most surprising weekend we've had in years. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
                Far preferable to a shootout. I'm glad B1G will be using it as well.

Comment

Really wish we didn't have (effectively) another bye week already so we could carry some of this momentum into games that count, but the bright side is we'll be really rested for the two weeks of conference play before winter break.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Really wish we didn't have (effectively) another bye week already so we could carry some of this momentum into games that count, but the bright side is we'll be really rested for the two weeks of conference play before winter break.
                    I know it evens out but this grates on me as well. By the time the GLI arrives, Tech will have played an astonishing 8 more games than we have. Most Ivy League squads will have caught up to us in games played and they aren't even allowed to start their season for at least 3 weeks after
                    everyone else.

Something else just caught my attention. For the rest of the season it appears that the quality of any given opponent will now bottom out at roughly "good." No more mediocre OSU/PSU or sad sack Wisconsin to nab wins from. In fact, I think everyone is assuming we will be taking Wisconsin's place as the sad sack free points punching bag. Luckily, we',ve proven that we can skate with most teams but I'm a little worried some tough stretches may be ahead.
                    Last edited by Pirateasaur; 11-27-2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Tim Staudt likes it this way. Oh wait, am I obsessing again?

Comment

A good week-end. Didn't expect that.
                        However, last in the country in PK at 73%. 40th in PP at 14.5%. Goals for jumped to 2.45 gpg. Goals against plummeted to 3.55. In no way, shape or form should tCHHCoMSU be off the hook for this catastrophe of a program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                          A good week-end. Didn't expect that.
                          However, last in the country in PK at 73%. 40th in PP at 14.5%. Goals for jumped to 2.45 gpg. Goals against plummeted to 3.55. In no way, shape or form should tCHHCoMSU be off the hook for this catastrophe of a program.
                          Well, I think that first weekend at LSSU is really sagging our numbers. I am just going to take this season as it goes and hope we get more surprises. It's a tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                            Well, I think that first weekend at LSSU is really sagging our numbers. I am just going to take this season as it goes and hope we get more surprises. It's a tough schedule.
                            That's a realistic approach. Can't get too depressed after the first weekend considering where the roster started from, nor get a sense that we're really on our way after last weekend, considering - although the results were grand - how UND mostly carried the play and controlled the puck.

However (and I'm going to say this again and probably earn a "meh"), I'm really encouraged by Minney's play in net. He in no way is at fault for the two goals MSU gave up on Saturday. It's also interesting that the Spartans are getting contributions spread through the roster. Their limited shots on net - let's face it - were productive.

To earn more wins, some guys who are supposed to step up need to start doing so. I'm talking to you, seniors. Haag for example had a good start to the year but seems to have tailed off. Stenglein appears to suffer, save for rare stretches, from senioritis. Holland has been steady, but I last saw Pavelek's picture on a milk carton. etc.

Joe Cox is every bit the captain.
                            Last edited by owslachief; 11-29-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

If you subtract the LSSU series, Goals for is at 2.55 and Goals Against is 2.88. MSU has had 4 really terrible games on the PK.. Both LSSU games and one game each against Tech and Ferris (all 4 games were losses, hard to believe I know).

Either way I am just really encouraged that we can at least compete with a team of North Dakota's caliber, even if they are struggling right now. Makes me hopeful for the coming months.

Comment

Also congrats to Jared Rosburg who was named the BIG Ten First Star of the week with 2 goals (technically 3, OT winner didn't actually count) and 1 assist on the weekend!

Makes me wonder if he would have made a difference last year or if it was almost a blessing in disguise that he is a freshman this year. This group should be darn good in 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X