Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    If a Wolverine can help MSU hockey as much as a Spartan has helped UM softball, I will gladly take someone from Ann Arbor.
    Sorry. But no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      They're not Hitler.
      No they are not. Nor Mao, Stalin, Mussolini. Nor Peron or Marco's. More like the snobbish, stuffy, demeanor of Charles DeGaulle.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
        Didn't Biggie Munn have U-M ties?
        He may have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
          I'm a Wings fan as well as a Spartan. And I didn't like Chelios when he was with Chicago, or the Wings. No! Never a um'er. No, no, no! Can I make it any clearer? NEVER EVER will I root for a MSU Team that needed help from um. NEVER!
          Biggie Munn spent 7 years as a Michigan assistant. And how far did you get with the MSU alum?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Graham Couch, writer for LSJ, just said in his Live Chat that he doesn't think it will be any of the "top four candidates" which I'm assuming would include Cole and Gwoz. Wonder who it will be then?

I also hope it includes Bob Daniels... I think it took him way to long to win at Ferris and that is a school where hockey is the #1 sport. I don't think he would turn around MSU quick enough.
            Last edited by gomsuman; 04-05-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Well Mike Gabinet is off the table. Must be a pretty darn reputable assistant to be replacing Dean Blais. On a positive note, seems that Mason Appleton is leaning toward staying in the fold. But we'll see what shakes out when the next "out of the box" pick is announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                No they are not. Nor Mao, Stalin, Mussolini. Nor Peron or Marco's. More like the snobbish, stuffy, demeanor of Charles DeGaulle.
                Hey, that's political stuff, right? And they're all dead people!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  Well Mike Gabinet is off the table. Must be a pretty darn reputable assistant to be replacing Dean Blais. On a positive note, seems that Mason Appleton is leaning toward staying in the fold. But we'll see what shakes out when the next "out of the box" pick is announced.
                  I see Northern is including a current player (I'm assuming a captain or upperclassman) in their search committee (quite a large search committee at NMU). Is MSU doing the same? Or is it strictly Hollis with no ones help?

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                    I see Northern is including a current player (I'm assuming a captain or upperclassman) in their search committee (quite a large search committee at NMU). Is MSU doing the same? Or is it strictly Hollis with no ones help?
                    In an alternate universe, I'd love to believe that either of the prime candidates for captain next season (my first choice Osburn) would be working with Hollis et al. My sense is that's just not his M.O.

While I'm on the topic of players, Osburn never takes a shift off. May have been opined here elsewhere, but Osburn would represent the biggest loss to the program among frustrated middle-classmen.
                    Last edited by owslachief; 04-05-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Graham Couch also thought Alex Carder was the best QB in the state over Kirk Cousins, so maybe we'll have Gwoz after all.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Graham Couch also thought Alex Carder was the best QB in the state over Kirk Cousins, so maybe we'll have Gwoz after all.
                        Everybody makes mistakes... If I was correct all the time I'd probably be worth a lot more money. I just take his word as he is in direct contact with people I don't have access to (Hollis, etc.)

I'm sure some of you fine people in this forum may have more insider information than Couch has but that was the first time I had heard it might not be one of the obvious choices...

Comment

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Mmmm Hollis, prove me wrong, dawg. I've been slinging **** at you for a while now. Use it as motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                              Mmmm Hollis, prove me wrong, dawg. I've been slinging **** at you for a while now. Use it as motivation.
                              Hollis fears you more than any other spirit.

Another Michigan-based reporter has corroborated the above message, and it may end up being a news brief in the next few hours. Well, that ticks one of my two top checkboxes, but I have to add another when I think about it: At 63, what it his long-term commitment? Or at least the potential perception thereof? On the other hand, suppose we do this in 3-year increments. Is he the bridge that gets us to a program (long-term) guy - and pulls this enterprise out of its morass?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Hollis fears you more than any other spirit.

Another Michigan-based reporter has corroborated the above message, and it may end up being a news brief in the next few hours. Well, that ticks one of my two top checkboxes, but I have to add another when I think about it: At 63, what it his long-term commitment? Or at least the potential perception thereof? On the other hand, suppose we do this in 3-year increments. Is he the bridge that gets us to a program (long-term) guy - and pulls this enterprise out of its morass?
                                I would hope he brings a couple assistants with him that would be a good heir apparent... He gets MSU back to national relevance in 3-6 years then he retires a couple after that the guy after him should have a pretty dang good gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X