Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Uninspired? Perhaps. A bad hire? I don't think so.

Hollis clearly refused to leave his comfort zone again. For a second time, there was no national search and the selection was based, at least in part, on a Spartan purity test. That said, Cole isn't a bad choice. He's a good coach with direct connections to the NTDP. Frankly, Cole should have been the choice six years ago.

If the reports turn out true, I would be rather interested in hearing about his long-term vision for the program.
    How do you know the depth or reach of the search. There are coaches who apply and/or interview that don't want their names out there. Especially with signing day coming up.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      According to a member of the (former) coaching staff, they interviewed a coach who was in the Frozen Four last weekend.

Remember the last time Danton Cole was "announced"?

http://detroit.sbnation.com/2011/3/2...e-hockey-coach
      Paul Pearl? David Carle?
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

My money would be on Andy Slaggert. But no confirmation on that.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
          Judging solely from his all-caps use, Hondo seems to really, really, really think it's Cole.
          Do you trust him as a source? That tweet pretty much screams I'M FIRST!!!! If no one else has confirmed it, I wonder if he is speaking out of turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Do you trust him as a source? That tweet pretty much screams I'M FIRST!!!! If no one else has confirmed it, I wonder if he is speaking out of turn.
            Hondo's usually right, but he also once reported Izzo was being considered to take over the football team. So... yeah.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Hondo's usually right, but he also once reported Izzo was being considered to take over the football team. So... yeah.
              I'm going to be as diplomatic as I possibly can be about this: Hondo is not the type of person who adheres to journalistic convention.

That said, when it comes to scoops, Hondo is right more often than not.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Well...

66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                  I'm going to be as diplomatic as I possibly can be about this: Hondo is not the type of person who adheres to journalistic convention.

That said, when it comes to scoops, Hondo is right more often than not.
                  I get he's absolutely a homer given his site and publication , but from the little I've checked out his Twitter feed and other stuff, he also seems to be a bit of a fanboy. Congrats to him for making a living off of that. I'm sure he has the connections to provide a scoop like that but it's been hours since he posted that and nothing has come out of the Athletic Department, has it? Usually you see a scoop like that and then it becomes official within the hour. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I get he's absolutely a homer given his site and publication , but from the little I've checked out his Twitter feed and other stuff, he also seems to be a bit of a fanboy. Congrats to him for making a living off of that. I'm sure he has the connections to provide a scoop like that but it's been hours since he posted that and nothing has come out of the Athletic Department, has it? Usually you see a scoop like that and then it becomes official within the hour. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere, have you?
                    Well, I direct you to the above tweet from long-time WILX sports director Tim Staudt.
                    66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Also, this:

66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        According to a member of the (former) coaching staff, they interviewed a coach who was in the Frozen Four last weekend.
                        I will actually vomit if they're interviewing Paul Pooley.
                        66 - 86 - 07

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          I mean, it could be true. Of course, I also remember when Mike Babcock coming off back to back Olympic golds was going to leave the Red Wings to coach in Ann Arbor.
                          I remember that rumor. I never believed it, the reasoning behind it was valid but not realistic. Those blue-bloods with money must have been smoking something.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            No, you're just posting and arguing on an MSU thread. And who would ever accuse you with that screen name anyway?
                            Says the Techie....
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              And had to go back five pages to quote me. But not obsessed
                              I made that sig when you posted that comment. Dolt!

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                So find me a quote from Mel or his representative or even "an anonymous source close to the situation" that Mel wants to come back. Antoine Pitts had better and more credible info than you seem to have.
                                You're not that bright, I have been doing that you putrid Techtard. Go suck your thumb in the UP some more.

Comment

Working...
                                X