Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
    Cole will end up at MSU.....Blashill or Pearson at UM....don't doubt me ever again...haha
    You're already wrong.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      He was. Not sure if he still has that job.

He's also 63 and kind of an egomaniac. His wife also likes Colorado. Plus, I think he'll get into a fist fight with Izzo or Dantonio. The guy is a legitimate legend, but I also think he's a bad fit for MSU.
      I'd pay to see Gwoz clock D'antoni upside the head....

Izzo could be on the undercard.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        I'd pay to see Gwoz clock D'antoni upside the head....

Izzo could be on the undercard.
        You should've kept my preseason quote in your sig for a nice before and after.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          Cole will end up at MSU.....Blashill or Pearson at UM....don't doubt me ever again...haha
          The job at skunk valley will be filled long before Blashill could be available. As for Sparty, if I were Cole, I'd tell Hollis what he could do with himself. And State fans got what they deserved after what they did to Comley. Hey, how 'bout making it Miller time. Though it's doubtful they'd do as well as the Granatos.

In all seriousness, the last time State dipped into the Bowling Green well, it seemed to work okay.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
            The job at skunk valley will be filled long before Blashill could be available. As for Sparty, if I were Cole, I'd tell Hollis what he could do with himself. And State fans got what they deserved after what they did to Comley. Hey, how 'bout making it Miller time. Though it's doubtful they'd do as well as the Granatos.

In all seriousness, the last time State dipped into the Bowling Green well, it seemed to work okay.
            I think he already did so, by hinting he would make himself available in an advisory capacity. Think about it, and luxuriate in the delicious, ironic sarcasm.

Comment

It's interesting you said that, because there's one camp here that blames the Miller clan for what was "done to" Comley.

Comment

Here's my initial list of interviews:

Obvious ones: Danton Cole (if he isn't still ****ed about not getting job last time) and Gwoz
                Dark horses (maybe the best choices): Blashill, Nate Leaman, Chris Bergeron,
                Long shots (who knows if they even want to coach): Chris Chelios?

Anybody else I'm missing?

Comment

how 'bout making it Miller time. Though it's doubtful they'd do as well as the Granatos.
                  I don't know... What if you got like seven or eight of them?
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    You're already wrong.
                    Yep that's what I was told a few days ago too...we shall see

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post

Blashill will be available right after the frozen four...not long to wait if the deal is done through back door channels

Comment

Interesting to only me: My dad was pushing for Gwoz really hard to replace Mason. Think of where we'd be if that happened.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          Interesting to only me: My dad was pushing for Gwoz really hard to replace Mason. Think of where we'd be if that happened.

Oh well.
                          Oh you are cruel

Comment

I hope the new coach restores the old stick salute Shadows post game. I have a low level contact in the AD who told me a few months ago tha Anastos Ais the one who wanted it changed. Why? No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                              I hope the new coach restores the old stick salute Shadows post game. I have a low level contact in the AD who told me a few months ago tha Anastos Ais the one who wanted it changed. Why? No idea.
                              Yeah, this should be one of the first things our students and fans should lobby for once the new coach is hired. The Shadows stick salute was a great tradition.
                              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                              66 - 86 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Another matter is whether or not this development will change the decisions of Appleton and maybe Osburn, whatever they may be.

If they stick around I think the next coach will have some nice pieces to work with.

Comment

Working...
                                X