Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    A self-respecting hockey program needs Wins = 4 x Jerseys. So I'm looking for 4 jerseys and 16 wins.
    - - - -
    Hey what gives? We're focusing on VOLLEYBALL, not basketball
    Maybe it's an inverse relationship? We made the tournament with two jerseys back in 2011-12. Ever since we started adding more we've only gotten worse.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Tom Anastos is still the head coach of MSU at the close of business Monday.

If he was going to get let go, it was probably going to happen today. Since it didn't happen today, he's probably not getting let go.

On to year seven...
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        Asbestos will resign on Monday...that is all...you are welcome
        Dude, that's mean. You're just putting a carrot in front of them and keep yanking it away. Granted it's sparty and they deserve all of the pain they get but that's just plain mean.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          Dude, that's mean. You're just putting a carrot in front of them and keep yanking it away. Granted it's sparty and they deserve all of the pain they get but that's just plain mean.
          It's happening ...in the words of Aaron Rodgers....relax....and nobody deserves this guy's tenure...it's not even possible to be this bad at MSU

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            Tom Anastos is still the head coach of MSU at the close of business Monday.

If he was going to get let go, it was probably going to happen today. Since it didn't happen today, he's probably not getting let go.

On to year seven...
            Yeah................

Comment

College Hockey News‏ @chnews
              Tom Anastos has announced his resignation as head coach at Michigan State
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I say we get Scotty Bowman.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  College Hockey News‏ @chnews
                  Tom Anastos has announced his resignation as head coach at Michigan State
                  MSU website says he's gone!
                  Our prayers are heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                    MSU website says he's gone!
                    Our prayers are heard!
                    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t-Michigan.php

Comment

So, you can fire Asbestos.

Very telling that Tom Newton is the interim head coach, not Kelly Miller. I'd read that as Kelly has no shot at the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        So, you can fire Asbestos.

Very telling that Tom Newton is the interim head coach, not Kelly Miller. I'd read that as Kelly has no shot at the job.
                        I don't know. Newton has been on board forever. Let him hold the reigns for a bit.

As for Kelly, there'd probably be a riot if there was a hire from within. A small riot these days, sure, but still a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          I don't know. Newton has been on board forever. Let him hold the reigns for a bit.

As for Kelly, there'd probably be a riot if there was a hire from within. A small riot these days, sure, but still a riot.
                          This is the least MSU can do for Tom Newton. Considering his pedigree at every stop exept a permanent HC, and what he's meant to players here for over 2 1/2 decades, he would not be a downgrade were it long-term. But getting recruiting reset is vitally important and I think a proven HC name is needed.

Kelly is not the answer.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 03-21-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I've got it on good authority that your next hockey coach will be Fred Pletsch.
                            ---
                            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                            19 Conference Championships
                            10 Conference Tournament Championships
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Danton Cole and Gwoz should be the front runners.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

isn't Gwozdecky coaching high school hockey right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X