Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
    Bill Muckalt
    Sorry, NO! The thought of having to rely upon an um'er to resurrect a MSU program is too much to stomach. I would rather the program be shut down, then that happen.

Comment

UND fans probably said the same anout dean blais

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
        Sorry, NO! The thought of having to rely upon an um'er to resurrect a MSU program is too much to stomach. I would rather the program be shut down, then that happen.
        It's always interesting how fans can put their own emotions above what may be great for the team. Remember that guy from the Blackhawks that Wings fans hated? A D man by the name of Chelios. Turned out to be a pretty good pickup. How about Bergeron? Miami & BG are rivals. The guy from the enemy camp turned out pretty well for the Falcons, right?
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          It's always interesting how fans can put their own emotions above what may be great for the team. Remember that guy from the Blackhawks that Wings fans hated? A D man by the name of Chelios. Turned out to be a pretty good pickup. How about Bergeron? Miami & BG are rivals. The guy from the enemy camp turned out pretty well for the Falcons, right?
          I agree with putting alma-maters aside when looking for a good candidate. But with 3 years of Jr. hockey coaching and 4 as MTU's assistant, I'm not seeing why Muckalt stands out. He did win a Clark Cup without the most talented team in the USHL playing for him. Still, I'd put 4 or 5 realistic candidates ahead of him at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            I agree with putting alma-maters aside when looking for a good candidate. But with 3 years of Jr. hockey coaching and 4 as MTU's assistant, I'm not seeing why Muckalt stands out. He did win a Clark Cup without the most talented team in the USHL playing for him. Still, I'd put 4 or 5 realistic candidates ahead of him at this point.
            His recruiting ability and pipelines to hotbeds of talent may not be as outwardly evident, but when you can get some of the best players from Western Canada and the NTDP, you have a great chance to build a roster that can do a lot of things. With a dearth of talent level in the program, that has to be addressed.

Comment

As an outsider, even though MSU has a great history i'm not seeing this as an easy fix/turnaround. Minnesota and Michigan will always get more talent. Michigan will be hiring a new coach, Wisconsin has a great staff, established Notre Dame is joining. Even penn state and ohio state are coming off tourney appearances. Not like the old CCHA where MSU was usually towards the top. Relying on only former spartans is dangerous. Should be exploring all options. Especially from where Anastos took the program, i think it is a difficult job now.

Comment

@chrissolari: From @GeorgeSipple, frontrunners for vacant MSU hockey job still appear to be George Gwozdecky and Danton Cole. No time frame for decision.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  @chrissolari: From @GeorgeSipple, frontrunners for vacant MSU hockey job still appear to be George Gwozdecky and Danton Cole. No time frame for decision.
                  at age 63, George Gwozdecky would be the definition of a short team hire

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                    at age 63, George Gwozdecky would be the definition of a short team hire
                    Perhaps he brings along an heir apparent?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      As an outsider, even though MSU has a great history i'm not seeing this as an easy fix/turnaround. Minnesota and Michigan will always get more talent. Michigan will be hiring a new coach, Wisconsin has a great staff, established Notre Dame is joining. Even penn state and ohio state are coming off tourney appearances. Not like the old CCHA where MSU was usually towards the top. Relying on only former spartans is dangerous. Should be exploring all options. Especially from where Anastos took the program, i think it is a difficult job now.
                      I agree. MSU needs to crush this hire or our ceiling ends up somewhere around where OSU usually is. Usually mediocre to pretty decent but rarely much of a threat to the better teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Perhaps he brings along an heir apparent?
                        I certainly wouldn't have a problem if this was the case. Really, I wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't, but it wouldn't be as nice.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          I'm a Wings fan as well as a Spartan. And I didn't like Chelios when he was with Chicago, or the Wings. No! Never a um'er. No, no, no! Can I make it any clearer? NEVER EVER will I root for a MSU Team that needed help from um. NEVER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                            I'm a Wings fan as well as a Spartan. And I didn't like Chelios when he was with Chicago, or the Wings. No! Never a um'er. No, no, no! Can I make it any clearer? NEVER EVER will I root for a MSU Team that needed help from um. NEVER!
                            If a Wolverine can help MSU hockey as much as a Spartan has helped UM softball, I will gladly take someone from Ann Arbor.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Didn't Biggie Munn have U-M ties?

Comment

They're not Hitler.

Comment

Working...
                                X