Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Conference schedule is out.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050417aac.html

Additionally, the Spartans will play these non-conference dates against WCHA teams:

13 Oct at BGSU
    14 Oct vs BGSU
    27 Oct vs LSSU
    28 Oct vs LSSU
    17 Nov vs Ferris
    18 Nov at Ferris

GLI dates will not be announced until June when NBA and NHL schedules are known.
    So that means we've got four games left to schedule.

I sort of wish the ND games were also home and home.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Muzzatti is also a volunteer, I believe. I'm sure no one minds having him around for free.

Exter is definitely A surprise. I wonder how OSU fans feel about this?
      Not too happy! Joe is a great guy and family man and I wonder why he thought this was a move upwards for him? Like I posted on my team's thread it would be easier to see him go if he wasn't going to a conference rival but you guys should benefit from him.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 05-04-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Conference schedule is out.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...050417aac.html

Additionally, the Spartans will play these non-conference dates against WCHA teams:

13 Oct at BGSU
        14 Oct vs BGSU
        27 Oct vs LSSU
        28 Oct vs LSSU
        17 Nov vs Ferris
        18 Nov at Ferris

GLI dates will not be announced until June when NBA and NHL schedules are known.
        Folks I know in Kalamazoo seem confident we're getting a home-and-home with Western pretty soon, possibly as early as next season. I'll file it under "totally unsubstantiated rumor" until I see something a bit more concrete.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Related: I like the look of our non-conference schedule. IMO, we should be playing BGSU, WMU and LSSU every season. (BGSU and WMU in annual home-and-homes.)
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Not too happy! Joe is a great guy and family man and I wonder why he thought this was a move upwards for him? Like I posted on my team's thread it would be easier to see him go if he wasn't going to a conference rival but you guys should benefit from him.
            He has a history with Cole. They must have maintained a good relationship because I too found it to be an interesting move.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
              Related: I like the look of our non-conference schedule. IMO, we should be playing BGSU, WMU and LSSU every season. (BGSU and WMU in annual home-and-homes.)
              I was actually going to post in response to that info that it is great to see these schools on the schedule again. I always had a bit of a soft spot for LSSU and BGSU. I also attended FSU's hockey camp a few times as a child.

Now just get a series or 2 against a school we would never normally see and we'll be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                Now just get a series or 2 against a school we would never normally see and we'll be set.
                Sadly, we're full. Man, I'd love to play a Danton Cole team.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                  I was actually going to post in response to that info that it is great to see these schools on the schedule again. I always had a bit of a soft spot for LSSU and BGSU. I also attended FSU's hockey camp a few times as a child.

I'm gonna guess we have one more home series to schedule, then one on the road.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Sadly, we're full. Man, I'd love to play a Danton Cole team.

GFM
                    Eh, there's always 2018, or any season after that. It seems like something he'd like to make happen.

Comment

Based on the schedule spreadsheet, our possible remaining opponents are:

AHA- everyone but Air Force, Mercyhurst, and RMU
                      ECAC - Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Princeton, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union
                      Hockey East - UConn, UMass, Merrimack, UNH, Northeastern, Providence, Vermont
                      NCHC- WMU

Italics are schools that would have to be a single game, and not all of these schools are probably possible because I just went by who still has NC slots available, I didn't crosscheck open weeks.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        Eh, there's always 2018, or any season after that. It seems like something he'd like to make happen.
                        A lot of other former CCHA schools don't want anything to do with MSU's 2 for 1 scheduling demands. State made one trip to LSSU. LSSU makes two trips to State. Same for Tech. Offer even swaps of games, and they'll be more interest from more of the former rivals.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Tech swept UM and MSU in Houghton. The results were better for the Bi6 in their own barns. If I remember correctly, Tech was 0-3-1 at Yost and 2-1-1 at Munn with close OT and 1 goal games.

Despite the inequity, looking at our schedule this year, once again could only get Arizona State interested in a home non-conference.
                          At least the 2x1's get the bigger programs in the buildings. I am ok with it only as the games down here allow me to go and see Tech locally.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            A lot of other former CCHA schools don't want anything to do with MSU's 2 for 1 scheduling demands. State made one trip to LSSU. LSSU makes two trips to State. Same for Tech. Offer even swaps of games, and they'll be more interest from more of the former rivals.
                            We've played every Michigan team except NMU in a two game set since the CCHA ended. All of those except WMU have had multiple two game series, and that's mostly because WMU has decided they don't want to play any Michigan team for whatever reason. I think they're only scheduling Ferris at the moment.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Based on the schedule spreadsheet, our possible remaining opponents are:

AHA- everyone but Air Force, Mercyhurst, and RMU
                              ECAC - Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Princeton, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union
                              Hockey East - UConn, UMass, Merrimack, UNH, Northeastern, Providence, Vermont
                              NCHC- WMU

Italics are schools that would have to be a single game, and not all of these schools are probably possible because I just went by who still has NC slots available, I didn't crosscheck open weeks.
                              I had heard last summer that one of MSU's non-B1G opponents would be ASU at their place. After last season's full schedule came out that trip wasn't included. Is this for sure not in the cards for 2017-18?

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                I had heard last summer that one of MSU's non-B1G opponents would be ASU at their place. After last season's full schedule came out that trip wasn't included. Is this for sure not in the cards for 2017-18?
                                ASU has announced their schedule and we aren't on it this year. Last 4 games are probably east coast two year contracts with two home and two away.

Comment

Working...
                                X