>> AHC Pick'em 2016-2017 <<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    And its Air Force vs Robert Morris tomorrow night.
    1 pick for RMU while there are 11 for AFA.

Somebody's going up against the rest of the world tonight.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      1 pick for RMU while there are 11 for AFA.

Somebody's going up against the rest of the world tonight.
      I went with AF but would not be surprised to see this bunch of RMU seniors put up a terrific fight and pull out a win. They've had some hard luck here in the recent past and this trophy is missing from their mantle after success in the regular season. I don't expect the wide open game like last years final though, probably more in the line of last nights tight and physical Army-AF game.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: >> AHC Pick'em 2016-2017 <<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        I went with AF but would not be surprised to see this bunch of RMU seniors put up a terrific fight and pull out a win. They've had some hard luck here in the recent past and this trophy is missing from their mantle after success in the regular season. I don't expect the wide open game like last years final though, probably more in the line of last nights tight and physical Army-AF game.
        Interesting to see what happens if it's a hard fought battle, maybe going into a couple of overtimes with RMU squeaking out a win and the possibility of two AHA teams making the tournament but the Pairwise thread doesn't see AFA making it if they lose tonight.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

So I looked at the AF-Army box score as I was interested in the attendance as the rink looked empty from a standpoint of watching it on TV. Attendance was 630. I then looked at last years AF-RIT semifinal. That games attendance was over 3300. The Robert Morris - Canisius game box score lists the attendance at 200. Don't know if it was the wrong teams or a lack of advertising but those are some pretty poor numbers for such a big rink. I hope tonight's attendance is significantly better. Light snow and drizzle right now just outside the BCA so I hope that gets some casual local fans interested in coming out tonight to watch some college hockey.
          Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Maybe not the right thread for this, but I was struck by how Air Force's last game loss to Sacred Heart not only cost them the regular season conference title, but also a chance to get an at large bid should they lose to Robert Morris tonight. They would be the last team out in a lot of scenarios (basically ones where BC and Wisconsin lose), and you'd have to think that taking out a loss to the 47th ranked RPI team in the nation would have them pretty comfortably in.

Interesting to note that if they take care of business tonight, they could easily jump all the way up to a 3 seed if results go their way. Mostly if Wisconsin beats Penn State. Then Air Force would finish ahead of Wisconsin (who would get an automatic bid), the WCHA champion, as well as Norte Dame and Providence. I found a scenario at one point today where they would finish ahead of Penn State as well, but I can't seem to replicate it. Probably something to do where common opponents switches a pairwise comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              Maybe not the right thread for this, but I was struck by how Air Force's last game loss to Sacred Heart not only cost them the regular season conference title, but also a chance to get an at large bid should they lose to Robert Morris tonight. They would be the last team out in a lot of scenarios (basically ones where BC and Wisconsin lose), and you'd have to think that taking out a loss to the 47th ranked RPI team in the nation would have them pretty comfortably in.

Interesting to note that if they take care of business tonight, they could easily jump all the way up to a 3 seed if results go their way. Mostly if Wisconsin beats Penn State. Then Air Force would finish ahead of Wisconsin (who would get an automatic bid), the WCHA champion, as well as Norte Dame and Providence. I found a scenario at one point today where they would finish ahead of Penn State as well, but I can't seem to replicate it. Probably something to do where common opponents switches a pairwise comparison.
              Air Force did their part and with 25 minutes left, Clinton should pull out the win, err! PS had a 1-0 lead
              RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post

Well congrats to Air Force and also a congrats to RMU for a valiant effort. I don't think losing to SHU was that big a deal to AF. They like everybody else in Atlantic Hockey only want to win the tournament and the auto-bid especially when the league schedule is skewed by only having eleven teams.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Congrats to Air Force, and congrats to komey1 who missed most of the regular season, but pulled off the playoff win!

Code:
                  Place   Username.........Points
                  1	komey1............35
                  2	XCTiger...........34
                  2	kwm4385...........34
                  4	97osu.............32
                  5	TalonsUpPuckDown..31
                  5	mar7967...........31
                  7	RitBLKnORGsuit....30
                  7	Laker Dude........30
                  7	Blitz.............30
                  10	Colonialfan.......29
                  11	Bing..............26
                  12	Blazer777.........24
                  12	AICJacketsVoice...24
                  14	snively65.........23
                  15	Downstate_RIT_Fan.16
                  16	WINative..........10
                  17	cplinford..........5
                  17	cornwallace........5
                  Thanks for playing along this season!
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Attention for the AHC playoffs is pretty much non-existent in Rochester. Other than a couple videos during intermissions at RIT games, and some banners outside the arena (which I saw mainly because I work downtown two blocks from there) I saw nothing about it. There were no members of the local media covering the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      ...Other than a couple videos during intermissions at RIT games....
                      Same videos are played at Tate Rink between periods..... At one of the Army - Mercyhurst playoff games two weeks ago I mentioned to the couple sitting next to me while the Atlantic Hockey Championship infomercial was playing that they should make sure they go up to Rochester and the BCA if Army makes it up there. I was trying to drum up a little business for Atlantic Hockey,, I told them how great the place was. Little did I know that they were hockey parents (had a player on the Army team) and the Mom said to me she had been up there so many times she lost count while her son played in the various youth league tournaments in the northeast. They often stayed at the Radisson (which was full of youth players the night I stayed there during Brick City this year)... I guess that's the life of a hockey Mom and Dad, driving your child all over the country to play the game they love... big time dedication. Thanks to all the Moms and Dads out there who give up their weekends, nights and early mornings to support their kids and by extension all us hockey fans who do our best to come out to the rinks to watch these teams play.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                        Congrats to Air Force, and congrats to komey1 who missed most of the regular season, but pulled off the playoff win!

Code:
                        Place   Username.........Points
                        1	komey1............35
                        2	XCTiger...........34
                        2	kwm4385...........34
                        4	97osu.............32
                        5	TalonsUpPuckDown..31
                        5	mar7967...........31
                        7	RitBLKnORGsuit....30
                        7	Laker Dude........30
                        7	Blitz.............30
                        10	Colonialfan.......29
                        11	Bing..............26
                        12	Blazer777.........24
                        12	AICJacketsVoice...24
                        14	snively65.........23
                        15	Downstate_RIT_Fan.16
                        16	WINative..........10
                        17	cplinford..........5
                        17	cornwallace........5
                        Thanks for playing along this season!

Thanks as always Mar for running this, cya next year. Oh, and congrats to Komey for the post session win. Summer well!
                        Last edited by blazer777; 03-19-2017, 06:15 PM.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Last year I won the regular season and was bad in the playoffs. This year, due to vacations and then various health concerns, I did not play the regular season but was able to jump in the playoffs.

Thanks mar for running this. It is better than some of my hoops brackets. :/
                          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                          2010 Frozen Four participant
                          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Just want to say thanks mar. You run the best pick'em around. I know you must put a ton of time into it, and it is appreciated.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Ditto what others have said, thanks, mar. Although I did not have a good regular or post-season, I have had success in the past, and will be back, after I spend many hours during the offseason reflecting on how I can make better picks next season. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Ditto what others have said, thanks, mar. Although I did not have a good regular or post-season, I have had success in the past, and will be back, after I spend many hours during the offseason reflecting on how I can make better picks next season. :-)
                                Same here, thanks mar, next year I will try to pick more with my brain and less with my heart. I'm too much of a homer for RIT and lost a lot of games this year when I got pulled into my own love hate relationship with them. All in all though that was extremely fun, I hope you consider doing this again next year.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X