X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
    It sounds like it's a possibility.
    The league made it pretty clear that they wanted Arizona. Made multiple trips out there & I think they even had a press release or two concerning it.

And really, why wouldn't they? ASU is a huge school with a lot of money. If they have success, some other big schools may start a program & join their rivals ASU in the WCHA. It's a win-win for the league offices. But of course it would hurt the smaller schools, like ours, even if ASU pays for a chunk of the travel.

I'm just imagining a nightmare scenario where the schedule goes: @Alaska, @ASU, @Alaska-Anchorage.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I give y'all a puncher's chance this weekend, but obviously I can't quantify the losses of Cuglietta and Correale.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
        The league made it pretty clear that they wanted Arizona. Made multiple trips out there & I think they even had a press release or two concerning it.

And really, why wouldn't they? ASU is a huge school with a lot of money. If they have success, some other big schools may start a program & join their rivals ASU in the WCHA. It's a win-win for the league offices. But of course it would hurt the smaller schools, like ours, even if ASU pays for a chunk of the travel.

I'm just imagining a nightmare scenario where the schedule goes: @Alaska, @ASU, @Alaska-Anchorage.
        I think Arizona State wants to be in the B1G or NCHC for hockey, as well they should. They may settle for the WCHA if they can't get into either the B1G or NCHC at first, but even then I think the WCHA would only be a temporary landing spot for them. Regardless of conference, they need to resolve their arena issue and do it fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I give y'all a puncher's chance this weekend, but obviously I can't quantify the losses of Cuglietta and Correale.

GFM
          They are our top PK duo, so obviously we will need to play very disciplined tonight.

Comment

Lakers can't seem to win on the road. I believe they have won just one game on the road since sweeping UAH at Huntsville way back in mid October.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

They gave themselves a chance. Got the 1st goal and kept it even going into the 3rd period. The trick is to get and hold the lead in the 3rd period. They need to get over that hurdle when on the road.
              Last edited by Bill; 01-28-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Gordon needs to elevate his game also.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  Gordon needs to elevate his game also.
                  I agree. Sounds like the 2nd goal he gave up according to Bill Crawford was pretty soft.

Hopefully YES FM doesn't have audio issues tonight like they did last night. I had to listen to the Mankato radio feed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    I agree. Sounds like the 2nd goal he gave up according to Bill Crawford was pretty soft.

Hopefully YES FM doesn't have audio issues tonight like they did last night. I had to listen to the Mankato radio feed.
                    All 4 goals were from 20+ feet away, and a couple weren't even particularly screened. I expect Defiel will be better tonight.

Comment

This team can't close out games.

Comment

The Lakers really need to play the whole game as they seem to lose so much in the third period.

Comment

Third period is killing this team.

Comment

One point was more then I was expecting. Just take over Ferris and then see what can happen.
                            http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Nice to see that Ashton Calder got his second hat trick of the season yesterday for Surrey in a 9-5 win over Nanaimo.

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                                One point was more then I was expecting. Just take over Ferris and then see what can happen.
                                After the two disappointing NMU series, the Lakers have played better since then. Hopefully it continues into February.

Comment

Working...
                                X