LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

The 1996-06 All Decade Team has been released: http://lssulakers.com/sports/50anniv...ll_decade_team

Voting for the most recent decade: http://lssulakers.com/sports/50anniv...l-Decade_06-16
    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
      Methinks it will be multiple games, from what Damon said about the breaking of the team rules, and the specifics reported in the Michigan Sault paper a couple of weeks ago.
      Everyone was wrong, it seems. Both Renz and Defiel have been reinstated to the team, and Renz given back the 'A'
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
        Everyone was wrong, it seems. Both Renz and Defiel have been reinstated to the team, and Renz given back the 'A'

Good, I believe in second chances and I'm sure both young men have learned their lesson.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
          Good, I believe in second chances and I'm sure both young men have learned their lesson.
          Methinks you are exactly right, man. With those suspensions Damon proved he is all business, and you don't break his team rules, otherwise you miss games,

Let's hope those two young men learned from their brief lapse in judgement in breaking Coach Whitten's team rules, and the result of being suspended for one exhibition game against Laurentian isn't detrimental to their season, along with the good ship Laker.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            The link on the Lakers website wasn't working so I went directly to the YesFM website and clicked on Listen Live. (The link at the Lakers website is under Multimedia.)
            The link I used to have to the YesFM website just shows up as a blank page now. What web address are you using to get onto their website? I also just get a blank page when clicking on the link provided by LakerBaker below.

Comment

I remember back in 1996 Jeff Jackson suspended Keith Aldridge for a weekend. I believe he got arrested in Sault, Ontario.

Also hopefully there will be a podcast of Tuesday's Laker Hockey Show. Hopefully they are doing them this season.
              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 10-05-2016, 08:59 PM.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                The link I used to have to the YesFM website just shows up as a blank page now. What web address are you using to get onto their website? I also just get a blank page when clicking on the link provided by LakerBaker below.

All that shows up for me is blank pages also. I have even checked the Laker Hockey twitter hoping that they post the podcast of the radio show.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                  All that shows up for me is blank pages also. I have even checked the Laker Hockey twitter hoping that they post the podcast of the radio show.
                  Thanks, hopefully the link on the LSSU website is fixed soon.

Comment

I went to the YesFM website below. I clicked on 'Download this stream to listen" (it appears after a brief intro message completes) at the bottom. Then I clicked on the yesfm tab that appeared under that and the stream started playing.

http://tunein.com/radio/Yes--FM-995-s24262/

(I also e-mailed the SID office and asked them to fix the YesFM link at the Lakers website. It hasn't happened yet.)
                    Last edited by Bill; 10-05-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Also hopefully there will be a podcast of Tuesday's Laker Hockey Show. Hopefully they are doing them this season.
                      You can find the Laker Hockey Show with Bill Crawford on the LSSU Lakers Athletic site http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-hockey/index#, under the more+ tab on the right "coaches show".
                      Last edited by LakerBaker; 10-06-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Busy week for college hockey. Having another week off to practice can't hurt the Lakers . I am happy to see they still have another week before play starts. Ferris State is off to a rough start. Three straight loses can't be a confidence builder.
                        Last edited by sm2pk; 10-07-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Gordie Defiel added to 2017 Mike Richter Award watch list.
                          http://lssulakers.com/sports/m-hocke...20161007mgtv2q

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Busy week for college hockey. Having another week off to practice can't hurt the Lakers . I am happy to see they still have another week before play starts. Ferris State is off to a rough start. Three straight loses can't be a confidence builder.
                          And the WCHA is off to a 0-3 start in NC play.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Glad to see Union beat Michigan at Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by swdrm View Post
                              Glad to see Union beat Michigan at Michigan.
                              Goaltending, and to some extent defensive play, has been an Achilles heel for Michigan in recent years.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving. Lake Superior State held its annual Blue vs. Gold Game on Saturday at Taffy Abel Arena with proceeds benefitting the United Way of the Eastern Upper Peninsula.

The Lakers' gold squad, was led by freshman forward Ian Johnston's two goals to claim a 4-1 scrimmage victory over the team in blue. Senior captain Gus Correale scored late in the first period to tie the game for the gold team, which trailed 1-0 after freshman Max Humitz tallied the opening goal for the blue team early in the first period.

Sophomore Mitch Hults later added a shorthanded goal with under seven minutes to go in the third period to put Gold ahead 4-1. Defenseman Owen Headrick opened up Hults in stride with a tape-to-tape pass that travelled three quarters of the length of the ice while the blue team shifted lines. Hults displayed great patience bringing the puck into the zone and fired a shot past junior Gordon Defiel for the tally.

Nick Kossoff, a sophomore netminder from West Des Moines, Iowa led LSSU goaltenders with 17 saves for the gold team and allowed no goals while playing over 42 minutes in net, splitting time with freshman Cooper Lukenda.

The event, which raised donations for the local United Way chapter, also featured a silent auction for fans to be "guest coaches" and join the teams on the benches and a guest public address announcer during the final period. Afterwards, fans of all ages joined the Lakers on the ice for a free skate with the team.

LSSU officially opens the 2016-17 regular season next Friday and Saturday (Oct. 14-15) by hosting Big Ten opponent Michigan State as part of Great Lake State Weekend. You can hear those games on radio station YES FM with the legendary Voice of the Lakers Bill Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                                X