Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Anyone at the game last night see how the skirmishes started at the end?
    I recorded some of it.

But UAH was chippy the entire game. A lot of pushing & shoving. It was really the only way the game could have ended, honestly.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      I recorded some of it.

But UAH was chippy the entire game. A lot of pushing & shoving. It was really the only way the game could have ended, honestly.
      The linesman seemed to bail on the fight which caused things to end up worse than they should have been.

Hopefully Whitten won't put top guys on the ice anymore for a faceoff with 12 seconds left when the game is out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        The linesman seemed to bail on the fight which caused things to end up worse than they should have been.
        There were a good number of non-calls against both teams that created a lot of animosity, along with a few iffy calls (even though at least one of those went the Lakers way).

It feels like low hanging fruit blaming the officials, but by not calling some of those penalties, they allowed it to get as bad as it was. And like you referenced, they didn't really jump in to stop anything. They should've been skating towards the players at the end of the game, blow the whistle, and have separated them before anything could be started.
        LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Who is the new goalie coming in next season ? I am not sure Kossoff would be a good enough goalie to play all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Who is the new goalie coming in next season ? I am not sure Kossoff would be a good enough goalie to play all the time.
            Garrett Nieto. He was playing for Wenatchee of the BCHL when they recruited him last season. He started this season there and then was traded to Springfield of the NAHL. Had injury problems early this season at Wenatchee (I think it may have been a concussion) and his numbers are down from last season. Sounds kinda like he has struggled since the injury. Hopefully he'll get back to form. Hard to tell about Kossoff; he hasn't played all that much this season. The team defense hasn't been all that great at times, particularly when he has played. He did have a good freshman season in a limited role.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Anyone at the game last night see how the skirmishes started at the end?
              Gus was head butted by the UAH guy.
              http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                Gus was head butted by the UAH guy.
                I'd ask which one, but I'm pretty darn sure that the answer is "Saulnier".

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I'd ask which one, but I'm pretty darn sure that the answer is "Saulnier".

GFM
                  The correct answer is Warner. Unless you ask the White House press secretary. #alternativefacts

Comment

One of the UAH players shot the puck towards the players well after the horn sounded.

Comment

Thanks Bill.

Comment

Thanks Bill.
                        I think the goalie position is going to be the big question mark going into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Section P View Post
                          One of the UAH players shot the puck towards the players well after the horn sounded.
                          What the heck.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Luke Morgan has been named WCHA Rookie of the Week: http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1617/201701/jan23wpm.php
                            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

I think the upside to the lakers last eight games of the season is the fact 3 of the 4 teams they still have to play are behind them in the standings.

Comment

I think the upside to the lakers last eight games of the season is the fact 3 of the 4 teams they still have to play are behind them in the standings.
                                If you scroll to the second table, you'll see that it's even more important that the teams in the Lakers' standings range have much harder schedules.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X