Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
    OH THERE IT IS... The winds of change are blowing and Baker is shifting his opinion. You should run for PM Man you'd get votes You tell everyone what they want to hear even if it's not the truth.
    It is nice to see you once again waving the pom pon's for the Good Ship Laker. Hope it works out better for you this time, man.

Comment

Been gone for a day or two, have I missed anything?

All joking aside, I agree with Deman and CKrouth. The timing couldn't be much worse than it is. Hopefully defense injuries will not be a problem, as they've been lucky (minus Bindulis) on that end.
      Last edited by jsmithe; 01-19-2017, 01:44 PM.
      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
        It is nice to see you once again waving the pom pon's for the Good Ship Laker. Hope it works out better for you this time, man.
        Maybe someday you'll actually be right about a "local" kid making it to the show. 0-30 since I've been keeping track. You may be the worst "Pro Prospect Picker" in the history of Sports, but hey MAN keep on doing what you do I find it entertaining. So for that Thank you MAN
        THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
        TNA
        TNA

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
          Been gone for a day or two, have I missed anything?

All joking aside, I agree with Deman and CKrouth. The timing couldn't be much worse than it is. Hopefully defense injuries will not be a problem, as they've been lucky (minus Bindulis) on that end.
          Only 10 games left in the regular season so if we don't have injuries to more than one D-man at a time we should be OK from a numbers standpoint. We have 7 healthy D-men to close out the season.

Comment

Good luck to Owen in Erie. Hopefully things pan out for him there. If he can stay healthy, he could have a very bright future.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

This hurts with 10 games left. Sure is risky to give up on a free education given his lack of size and team low +/-. Guess he thinks he's got a shot at pro hockey even though he went undrafted. Good luck to him. He's an excellent skater and offensive D-man on the team. Erie's got a stacked team. Wondering if he'll crack the top 6 there.

Comment

Statement from Damon Whitten on Owen Headrick's decision to join the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League. "After meeting with him this morning we understand his desire to pursue a different hockey path and wish him the best in his future endeavors."

Comment

Originally posted by sunglokid View Post
                  Sure is risky to give up on a free education given his lack of size and team low +/. Wondering if he'll crack the top 6 there.
                  +/- has a lot to do with what you are skating with and the competition you are playing. +/- for the Erie Otters will be a +.
                  His future playing time has been discussed all day in the Erie Otters unofficial fan page on facebook. I guess he will have to earn it during practice and during the first few games to see where he ends up. Our top 2 D lines are pretty good though.
                  "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

I wonder if there are any locker room issues at play here? His decision to leave the program this point in the season and the school year makes absolutely no sense. I thought grades might have something to do with this but was told otherwise by people close to the program. Yes I'm sure Erie offered him a full ride scholarship package that will pay for the remainder of his schooling but I think that offer was always on the table right from the very beginning...so again why now???? I really hope that we do not see an full on implosion of this team because of behind the scene issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                      I wonder if there are any locker room issues at play here? His decision to leave the program this point in the season and the school year makes absolutely no sense. I thought grades might have something to do with this but was told otherwise by people close to the program. Yes I'm sure Erie offered him a full ride scholarship package that will pay for the remainder of his schooling but I think that offer was always on the table right from the very beginning...so again why now???? I really hope that we do not see an full on implosion of this team because of behind the scene issues.
                      Another good question to address to Whitten, as Owen is not the first to look for greener pastures, and methinks not the last, man.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                        I wonder if there are any locker room issues at play here? His decision to leave the program this point in the season and the school year makes absolutely no sense.
                        Totally agree at the timing. With the record going in the wrong direction and this now occurring would leave me to believe behind the door situations are occurring.
                        http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                          I think they only pay for his school if he doesn't sign a pro contract (ECHL, AHL, etc.) after he's done in Erie. Not sure on the exact rule.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

• Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                            Totally agree at the timing. With the record going in the wrong direction and this now occurring would leave me to believe behind the door situations are occurring.

The first thing that came to my mind was team issues because of the timing and trajectory of the team as well. I think the timing stinks but I do wish Owen nothing but the best.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                              I think they only pay for his school if he doesn't sign a pro contract (ECHL, AHL, etc.) after he's done in Erie. Not sure on the exact rule.
                              You are allowed to sign and play in the ECHL and the AHL for up to 18 months before losing your OHL funded scholarship. He could play his over-age season in Erie next year, then play in the ECHL or AHL for another season then go back to school to play CIS hockey. There is no question that his educational needs are going to be covered, the real question is why now????

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Only 10 games left in the regular season so if we don't have injuries to more than one D-man at a time we should be OK from a numbers standpoint. We have 7 healthy D-men to close out the season.
                                I think the Lakers will miss his offensive ability, but defensively, he has a ways to go. Forces to many plays and turns the puck over too often. That's just a product of being so young. Definitely improved over last year. Needed another year of junior at a higher level such as the BCHL or USHL, but the Lakers would never have gotten him if they didn't take him a year early. Where the Lakers will really miss him is next year and the year after if he continued to improve as he has this year.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X