LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Randy Russon from http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com and http://www.saultthisweek.com has been all over this and has an article on Owen Headrick leaving the Good Ship Laker for the Ontario Hockey League.

A mere eight days after rejecting another overture from the Erie Otters, 1997 birth-year defenseman Owen Headrick has decided to join the Ontario hockey League team from the Lake Superior State Lakers of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.

HockeyNewsNorth.com has confirmed that the 6-foot, 185-pound Headrick informed the Lake State coaching staff this morning of his decision to sign with Erie, which had maintained the OHL rights to the Garden River First Nation product after selecting him in the 14th round of the 2013 draft.

After starring with the Soo Thunderbirds of the Northern Ontario Jr. Hockey League for two seasons, Headrick opted to accept a scholarship offer from the Lakers as a freshman for the 2015-2016 campaign — and as the youngest player in the WCHA.

In 24 games with the Lakers this 2016-2017 season, the 6-foot, 185-pound sophomore was tied for fourth on the Lake State scoring chart with 15 points from 2 goals and 13 assists.

A year ago at this time, Otters general manager Dave Brown first tried to convince Headrick to leave Lake State for Erie but the youngster chose to remain in school.

Headrick joins an Erie team that, along with the Soo Greyhounds, London Knights, Windsor Spitfires and Owen Sound Attack, is one of five legitimate championship contenders from the hotly-contested Western Conference.

http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com/ohl/h...-erie-feeling/

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
      Chris Dilks ‏@ChrisDilks 2m2 minutes ago
      Lake Superior State sophomore D Owen Headrick has signed with Erie in the OHL. 2-13-15 in 24 games for the Lakers. Good offensive D.
      That kid is not bright anyway. He's not college material. He'll be working at the foundry in the steel plant in 4 years. Congrats kid on making bad choices.
      THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
      TNA
      TNA

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
        That kid is not bright anyway. He's not college material. He'll be working at the foundry in the steel plant in 4 years. Congrats kid on making bad choices.
        Methinks you are way out of line on that post.

Owen Headrick was one of the best players on the ice most nights, and one of the best defenceman in the league, and will be missed by the Good Ship Laker.

Knowing the family well, and Owen, his future is bright on and off the ice, man.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
          Methinks you are way out of line on that post.

Owen Headrick was one of the best players on the ice most nights, and one of the best defenceman in the league, and will be missed by the Good Ship Laker.

Knowing the family well, and Owen, his future is bright on and off the ice, man.
          Get a 4 year degree ... There is life to live after hockey. What happens if heaven for bid he gets hurt and his career is over? Then what???? THEN WHAT RANDY???? You gonna hire him? You gonna pay his wage? NOPE ... IT IS A STUPID MOVE.
          TNA
          TNA

Comment

I, for one, welcome Owen to Erie!!
            "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

You never want lose a top player but they must have promised him something that the Lakers could not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                You never want lose a top player but they must have promised him something that the Lakers could not.
                $$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                  $$$$$$$
                  Ding ding ding.....tell him what he's won Bob!!
                  "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Get a 4 year degree ... There is life to live after hockey. What happens if heaven for bid he gets hurt and his career is over? Then what???? THEN WHAT RANDY???? You gonna hire him? You gonna pay his wage? NOPE ... IT IS A STUPID MOVE.
                    You questioned his intelligence, man, and for that I have no respect for.

The Headrick family are good people, and Owen is a great kid, and has NHL scouts looking at him, several who I know and talk to on a regular basis.

Methinks there is more to this story, and instead of you and others on here pointing fingers and claiming to know what is going on and what goes into this big decision for Owen and his family, you might want to look into it first before laying blame.

Comment

You questioned his intelligence, man, and for that I have no respect for.

The Headrick family are good people, and Owen is a great kid, and has NHL scouts looking at him, several who I know and talk to on a regular basis.

Methinks there is more to this story, and instead of you and others on here pointing fingers and claiming to know what is going on and what goes into this big decision for Owen and his family, you might want to look into it first before laying blame.
                      YES I DID. It's a STUPID move. You can earn a 4 year degree and you opt for 2 more years and nothing promised after that. It's Dumb, It's Stupid, It makes no sense, but what I really want to know is now that your Butt Boy is gone from LSSU will you even bother covering the team anymore? ME THINKS not.
                      TNA
                      TNA

Comment

Good kid. Good hockey player who is just scratching the surface of what he can achieve. This has been a known possibility since recruitment began and the Lakers brought him in a year early to keep him from going to the OHL at that point. As for education, many of use have started school, had an interruption in our studies and returned to school and finished up later.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

YES I DID. It's a STUPID move. You can earn a 4 year degree and you opt for 2 more years and nothing promised after that. It's Dumb, It's Stupid, It makes no sense, but what I really want to know is now that your Butt Boy is gone from LSSU will you even bother covering the team anymore? ME THINKS not.
                          For someone who has been nothing but critical of the Good Ship Laker, head coach Damon Whitten and AD Dunbar, I find it rather curious that you, all of the sudden, waving the flag for Lake Superior State on this matter. Can you still cheer from where you are at, man?

Owen is guaranteed an overage spot, if he chooses with Erie, so methinks he is in a good spot and will be successful on and off the ice.

Ringy Dingy!
                          Last edited by LakerBaker; 01-19-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

For someone who has been nothing but critical of the Good Ship Laker, head coach Damon Whitten and AD Dunbar, I find it rather curious that you, all of the sudden, waving the flag for Lake Superior State on this matter. Can you still cheer from where you are at, man?

Owen is guaranteed an overage spot, if he chooses with Erie, so methinks he is in a good spot and will be successful on and off the ice.

Ringy Dingy!

ME THINKS you are missing the point ... OK so he gets 3 years now. Fantastic then what?
                            TNA
                            TNA

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Good kid. Good hockey player who is just scratching the surface of what he can achieve. This has been a known possibility since recruitment began and the Lakers brought him in a year early to keep him from going to the OHL at that point. As for education, many of use have started school, had an interruption in our studies and returned to school and finished up later.
                              He's too young and too small to even be thinking NHL or AHL at this point. I'm sure he will benefit from the much larger OHL schedule, but the timing of his decision is pretty BS in my opinion. He had chances to leave before that wouldn't have impacted his teammates nearly as much as it does now.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                                He's too young and too small to even be thinking NHL or AHL at this point. I'm sure he will benefit from the much larger OHL schedule, but the timing of his decision is pretty BS in my opinion. He had chances to leave before that wouldn't have impacted his teammates nearly as much as it does now.
                                YES YES YES!!!!! This... 100% Mr. K.
                                TNA
                                TNA

Comment

Working...
                                X