LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

I didn't get to listen to the game last night but I noticed that a different kind of penalty on Sturos. Two minutes for interfering with a spectator? Did anyone catch what happened?
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      I didn't get to listen to the game last night but I noticed that a different kind of penalty on Sturos. Two minutes for interfering with a spectator? Did anyone catch what happened?
      I didn't catch what happened, but according to the NCAA rulebook that is a game misconduct or game dq. It cannot be a minor penalty. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
        Michigan Tech got all the puck luck last night and methinks the good ship Laker will sail to victory tonight, man.

Lake Superior State fell 6-1 in Western Collegiate Hockey Association action Friday evening against Upper Peninsula rivals Michigan Tech.

The Huskies (5-6-2, 4-2-1 WCHA) opened the scoring late in the first period with a pair of goals, scored just 1:24 apart with under five minutes remaining in the period. Jake Jackson put MTU on the board with 2:42 remaining in the first period, stepping out wide past an LSSU defender and firing the goal past junior goaltender Gordon Defiel.

Moments later the Huskies scored their second goal with 1:18 remaining in the opening period. Chris Leibinger tallied his fourth goal of the season on assists from Thomas Beretta and Alex Smith.

The Huskies took the 2-0 lead into the locker room after the first 20 minutes, while outshooting the Lakers (6-3-0, 4-3-0 WCHA)by a 9-4 margin.

Tech got their third goal of the contest 3:31 into the middle period on a goal by Smith, for his second point of the game, assisted by Cliff Watson and Leibinger with his second assist of the game.

Freshman Gavin Gould scored his first career goal 2:34 into the third period to go up 4-0 before LSSU finally got on the board with their lone goal of the contest. Junior defenseman Kyle Chatham netted the Lakers' only goal, unassisted, with 7:48 left in regulation.

The Huskies added two more goals before the end of regulation, Jackson first with his second goal of the game followed by Gould's second tally, to cap the 6-1 victory.

Freshman Angus Redmond stood tall for the Huskies, making 24 saves on 25 shots by LSSU. Conversely, Defiel turned aside 24 of the Huskies' 30 shots on goal.

Game 2 of the weekend series is slated for 7:07 p.m. on Saturday evening from the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena.

Ringy Dingy!
        You ever think maybe Tech is just the better team and it wasn't just puck luck?
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

You need to score on the powerplay and it seems the powerplay and special teams are going backwards after a great start .

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            You ever think maybe Tech is just the better team and it wasn't just puck luck?

You ever think that your wasting your time with a troll that's not even a Laker fan.

By the way very classy of you to wait until after the sweep to come over.
            BLEED BLUE

Comment

...uninvited, nevertheless Reality comes creeping back ...

Comment

Lakers 2-4 since beating poor MSU and Alabama-Huntsville teams.

Scored 16 goals in those 6 games (2.66 GFA)

19 scored against (3.16 GAA)

Comment

Do not get down, Lake State can play, love watching Hults, Torrel, and Cugglieta.
                  Henke and Headrick also are very noticeable.
                  I hope Lake State can get home ice this year. Damon Whitten is doing a great job!

Comment

OK, I heard most of the game but had network issues on my laptop with a few minutes left in the game and by the time I got things corrected the game and postgame show were over. Did Damon have anything to say in the postgame interview about the penalties late in the 2nd period on Nenadal that carried over into the 3rd period?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      OK, I heard most of the game but had network issues on my laptop with a few minutes left in the game and by the time I got things corrected the game and postgame show were over. Did Damon have anything to say in the postgame interview about the penalties late in the 2nd period on Nenadal that carried over into the 3rd period?
                      Postgame should be up on the Athletics page soon. I suggest you listen, it's pretty good.

Comment

I bet

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                          Postgame should be up on the Athletics page soon. I suggest you listen, it's pretty good.
                          Yep.

Comment

Only saw the penalty once, it appeared Watson was hit to the head after a slash that broke his stick, not totally sure what happened as only shown once, but definitely looked like a forehand shiver to the head after the stick broken warranting a 5:00 for contact to the head. For the second year in a row a terse hand shake between Coach Pearson and Coach Whitten. Watson left the ice for repairs.
                            Last edited by Huskiefan906; 11-12-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              Only saw the penalty once, it appeared Watson was hit to the head after a slash that broke his stick, not totally sure what happened as only shown once, but definitely looked like a forehand shiver to the head after the stick broken warranting a 5:00 for contact to the head. For the second year in a row a terse hand shake between Coach Pearson and Coach Whitten.
                              Whitten also took a bench minor on that play.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                Whitten also took a bench minor on that play.
                                He took a bench minor in the 3rd, not on that play. My guess is it was for delay of game since he seemed to take a time out he didn't have.

Comment

Working...
                                X