Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
    I think he got a little over-zealous breaking up a post-game scrum and shoved an Alaska guy too hard. Paul is as good of a guy as they come. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it and is disappointed that it happened. If I coached a hockey team he is definitely a guy I want in my locker room.
    If you watch him in the on demand WCHA feed, his post game actions are an embarrassment to the school. After the fighting between players was over, he can be seen chasing after an Alaska player. Fortunate for him the Alaska player was being held back by a official.

After Tech last year, and this post game issue this year, the Lakers are starting to get the reputation of being a dirty team.
    Last edited by Laker Dude; 02-22-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Prediction for this weekend:
      Friday: LSSU-3 FSU-2
      Saturday: LSSU-4 FSU-4 (FSU wins shootout)
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

It's been such an up and down season that it's hard for me to predict any outcome. So I'll just have to hope for the best.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker
          Methinks that sort of thing starts at top, however, on this forum it's clear that his chums don't want to give the head coach of the good ship Laker any accountability on or off the ice, man.
          And it's clear that you always say stuff like this, but don't have anything to back it up either.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

While the Good Ship Laker scrambles for points to just make the playoffs in the very weak WCHA this weekend inside cavernous Taffy Abel Arena, the Erie Otters go for their 15th straight victory since acquiring former LSSU Laker standout, Owen Headrick, on Friday night against the Guelph Storm.

The Otters are 14-0 since the Garden River First Nation product joined the lineup, vaulting to the top of the Ontario Hockey League standings.

A 6-foot-1, 205-pound defenceman with a 1997 birth date, has NHL scouts talking and can return to the Otters next season, as an overage.

The smooth-skating, highly-skilled blue-liner spent the 2013-2014 season as the youngest player on the T-Birds and was named Northern Ontario Jr. Hockey League rookie-of-the-year.

Owen Headrick would play a second season with the Thunderbirds in 2014-2015 and was voted the most valuable player of the playoffs as the Soo won the NOJHL championship.

Owen Headrick played in 39 of the Lakers 41 games as a freshman, missing only two contests with a sore back and finished sixth in scoring on the Lakers with 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points, figuring in on over 16% of every goal that the offensively-challenged, freshman-laden Lakers managed, as the youngest player in the WCHA.

His hockey smarts, skill, poise, and the way he carries himself on and off the ice, are making him a fan favourite in the town of Erie.

Methinks the future is bright for Owen Headrick, man.

Comment

Since there is a circlejerk around here concerning former players, here is a tidbit from another former Laker that hasn't been mentioned:

Since Buddy Robinson was traded to the San Jose Barracuda in the AHL, they have gone a perfect 11-0.
              LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                Since there is a circlejerk around here concerning former players, here is a tidbit from another former Laker that hasn't been mentioned:

Since Buddy Robinson was traded to the San Jose Barracuda in the AHL, they have gone a perfect 11-0.

Now that is a TRUE former Laker standout. Keep working Buddy you'll get there.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Buddy is much better suited with the Sharks organization than he was with the Senators. The Sharks like big bodies out there (Hell, the West does in general), whereas most east coast teams seem to be downsizing, favoring speed.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

This team could have close to 20 wins right now if we had last season's defense and goaltending.

At least we are in the playoffs. There's a very good chance we could play at Mankato for the 3rd year in a row.
                    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 02-24-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      This team could have close to 20 wins right now if we had last season's defense and goaltending.

At least we are in the playoffs. There's a very good chance we could play at Mankato for the 3rd year in a row.
                      I thought Gordie made some terrific saves tonight but he also let in 1 or 2 that you wouldn't expect him to give up. Defensive play wasn't what it needs to be. Mitch Hults missed the net on 2 or 3 really great scoring chances and he took a couple of untimely penalties. He seems to be snake bit the second half of the season; he's getting a lot of good scoring chances but is having trouble finishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        I thought Gordie made some terrific saves tonight but he also let in 1 or 2 that you wouldn't expect him to give up. Defensive play wasn't what it needs to be. Mitch Hults missed the net on 2 or 3 really great scoring chances and he took a couple of untimely penalties. He seems to be snake bit the second half of the season; he's getting a lot of good scoring chances but is having trouble finishing.
                        Were you at the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                          Were you at the game?
                          Yes.

Comment

Gordie did give up a couple weak goals tonight. The 2nd and 5th Ferris State goals I thought Gordie should of had.

I also agree Hults has fallen off lately. Maybe the pressure of trying to get signed to a pro contract is getting to him. He has only one goal the past eight games.

Also I was wrong the Lakers haven't clinched a playoff spot yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Actually LSSU has not clinched. According to the league office, if there is a 3 way tie between NMU, UAH and LSSU, LSSU would be eliminated, based upon having the fewest conference wins.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Actually LSSU has not clinched. According to the league office, if there is a 3 way tie between NMU, UAH and LSSU, LSSU would be eliminated, based upon having the fewest conference wins.
                                If that's true that's ridiculous. LSSU went 4-0 against UAH.
                                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X