LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    I think the Lakers will miss his offensive ability, but defensively, he has a ways to go. Forces to many plays and turns the puck over too often. That's just a product of being so young. Definitely improved over last year. Needed another year of junior at a higher level such as the BCHL or USHL, but the Lakers would never have gotten him if they didn't take him a year early. Where the Lakers will really miss him is next year and the year after if he continued to improve as he has this year.

I agree but the Lakers have a tough time keeping higher caliber player's 3 or 4seasons.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I think the Lakers will miss his offensive ability, but defensively, he has a ways to go. Forces to many plays and turns the puck over too often. That's just a product of being so young. Definitely improved over last year. Needed another year of junior at a higher level such as the BCHL or USHL, but the Lakers would never have gotten him if they didn't take him a year early. Where the Lakers will really miss him is next year and the year after if he continued to improve as he has this year.
      Cole Hults is having a very good year at Madison of the USHL and should be an excellent replacement for Headrick when he comes in next season. Yeah it will take him some time to adjust to the college game, but he's really elevated his play to another level at Madison this season. I think he'll be "over-ready" to play with the Lakers next season, as Damon likes to say. Yeah it hurts to lose Headrick, especially at this point in the season, but assuming Cole Hults comes in as planned next season I think we'll be OK.
      Last edited by Bill; 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooth Squid View Post
        Maybe someday you'll actually be right about a "local" kid making it to the show. 0-30 since I've been keeping track. You may be the worst "Pro Prospect Picker" in the history of Sports, but hey MAN keep on doing what you do I find it entertaining. So for that Thank you MAN
        Get a grip, man. If you don't like it you don't have to read it. Like you I woke up in a free country this morning, complete with the freedom of speech. Owen Headrick is going to have success wherever he goes, and all Laker fans should wish the kid luck.

Try not to be so bitter down there, keep waving the flag for the good ship Laker, someday it might actually pay off for you, man.

Comment

Big weekend again. Lakers cannot lose games at home with only ten games left to go . You hate to lose players like Owen but an offer had to be made to him that he felt was the right way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Big weekend again. Lakers cannot lose games at home with only ten games left to go . You hate to lose players like Owen but an offer had to be made to him that he felt was the right way to go.
            They cannot split points with a last place team but that just occurred. The offer was always there so the only other thing that was changed had to be within the walls of the Laker hockey program.
            http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
              They cannot split points with a last place team but that just occurred. The offer was always there so the only other thing that was changed had to be within the walls of the Laker hockey program.
              Erie has been after him since before he became a Laker. Although there may have always been an offer there, they may have sweetened the pot or otherwise have enticed him to leave the Lakers. I don't know what ultimately caused him to change his mind. It doesn't necessarily mean it was something within the program. It might be something as simple as he didn't have the interest and dedication to complete his education at this point in his life even though, as JNACC indicated, he was doing OK academically. He may have looked at it from the viewpoint that he could play hockey for Erie without also worrying about keeping up with academics. It could also be that his family encouraged him to go the college hockey route and he went along with them, but now he's decided he just doesn't want to do college anymore.
              Last edited by Bill; 01-20-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                He's too young and too small to even be thinking NHL or AHL at this point. I'm sure he will benefit from the much larger OHL schedule, but the timing of his decision is pretty BS in my opinion. He had chances to leave before that wouldn't have impacted his teammates nearly as much as it does now.
                http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=146214

Shayne is also too small to be an effective NHL defenseman I take it?
                Last edited by altazo; 01-20-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=146214

Shayne is also too small to be an effective NHL defenseman I take it?
                  Did you even read what I wrote? I said "at this point". If he works hard and develops well he could be in a couple years. Shayne is on a completely different level than Owen right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                    Did you even read what I wrote? .
                    Nope. I didn't even bother.

At some point in the future do you expect Owen to be taller?

Comment

I didn't see where he said he was too short.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                        Did you even read what I wrote? I said "at this point". If he works hard and develops well he could be in a couple years. Shayne is on a completely different level than Owen right now.
                        Methinks CKrouth will take Whitten's and the University's talking points every time, man.

There is and will be an effort to pigeonhole Owen as they have with other players who have abandoned the good ship Laker. In Owen's case he is going into a much better situation for his future playing career, development, and a much more professional coaching staff. The scouts know a good prospect when they see one, and more will be seeing him in much much higher quality of play and competition than the likes of Alabama Huntsville or Alaska Anchorage.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerBaker View Post
                          Methinks CKrouth will take Whitten's and the University's talking points every time, man.

There is and will be an effort to pigeonhole Owen as they have with other players who have abandoned the good ship Laker. In Owen's case he is going into a much better situation for his future playing career, development, and a much more professional coaching staff. The scouts know a good prospect when they see one, and more will be seeing him in much much higher quality of play and competition than the likes of Alabama Huntsville or Alaska Anchorage.

Screen Shot this. So in 5 years we can add another swing and a miss to the resume of this turd.
                          THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
                          TNA
                          TNA

Comment

No quit in them Chargers.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Nice win! Henke is on a roll right now. 11 points in his last 7 games with at least a point in all of them. Nice to see Correale score as he was in a goal drought.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Nice win last night. Do it again tonight along with the Packers on Sunday.
                                http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X