Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Had he signed an NLI? The words here indicate a verbal commitment. A '98 is generally unlikely to have signed an NLI unless you knew he were coming in the fall for sure.

GFM
    I was under the impression that he had signed one, but I'm not sure where to find that information.

It's curious because everywhere I've looked still lists him as being committed to Lake State.
    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

He has signed one Geof.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
        I was under the impression that he had signed one, but I'm not sure where to find that information.

It's curious because everywhere I've looked still lists him as being committed to Lake State.

I remember he signed one but I can't remember the rules of how long they are good for. It seems like two years but not really sure.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

eupwnews.com has a page that indicates that he had signed an NLI, but the server won't respond to me. That could be due to the Amazon S3 outage. NationalLetter.org won't open for me, either. Schools can release kids out of NLIs, but I don't hear of it happening often. I wouldn't if I were Damon Whitten.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            eupwnews.com has a page that indicates that he had signed an NLI, but the server won't respond to me. That could be due to the Amazon S3 outage. NationalLetter.org won't open for me, either. Schools can release kids out of NLIs, but I don't hear of it happening often. I wouldn't if I were Damon Whitten.

GFM
            Unless there is a good reason why he doesn't want to come here, I wouldn't release him either. If Whitten is worried about him being toxic, since he doesn't want to be here, then I could see an outside chance.

You don't want to ruin a kid's playing career, but if he committed to something, he should have to see it through.
            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I wouldn't release him either and if headrick would have left before the season then this wouldn't have been the case.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                I remember he signed one but I can't remember the rules of how long they are good for. It seems like two years but not really sure.
                I'm not 100% sure, but I believe NLI's are binding until:

1) The student completes one year at the institution listed on the NLI.
                2) A student graduates from a two-year college (NLI signed in HS).
                3) School releases player from the NLI.

Tyler Marble was the last one, I believe, to be released from his NLI.

Comment

It seems to me that Richie mentioned something about the parameters of the NLI on a radio show a couple years ago. For the life of me I can't remember the rules.

Did anyone else get confused Saturday night with the incorrect standings on the websites. I was sure that the Lakers were heading to Bemidji.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Wow that NLI site is terrible.

It looks like a player would have to sit out a year as a penalty if they don't attend the school they signed with.

And CKrouth, you are right, at least from what I was able to find on the site.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Comment

No radio show tonight?
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

1230 wsoo
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          It seems to me that Richie mentioned something about the parameters of the NLI on a radio show a couple years ago. For the life of me I can't remember the rules.

Did anyone else get confused Saturday night with the incorrect standings on the websites. I was sure that the Lakers were heading to Bemidji.
                          some of those sites hadn't credited LSSU with the extra shootout point. The WCHA site had it correct when it posted the result.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            some of those sites hadn't credited LSSU with the extra shootout point. The WCHA site had it correct when it posted the result.

It had Northern down 1 point before the games were over Saturday night. I wish I would have just checked the wcha site.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

• Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                              It had Northern down 1 point before the games were over Saturday night. I wish I would have just checked the wcha site.
                              LSSU was up on NMU 33-31 going to the final night with NMU holding the tiebreaker (conference wins). Good luck at Tech. Luck NMU at Bemidji, a hot goalie could create a steal.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I do not want to depend on a hot goalie this weekend. I want the whole team to show up and play a solid 60 minutes of hockey . As for the captain and coaches , lead .

Comment

Working...
                                X